Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

WOW Typhoon H is crazy fast!!! Video of 95 km/h flight

Reaction score
I know the Typhoon H is meant to be an aerial imaging platform but who doesn't like to go fast and have a little fun? Few days ago I was impressed to see the Typhoon H hit up to 60 km/h (37mph) flying in angle mode (Typhoon H hits 37 MPH in angle mode!). Today decided to see just how fast this bird could go with GPS disabled. Not something I would recommend for inexperienced pilots as the bird will quickly drift and be tricky to land. I come from flying helis so thought what the heck might as well try. Was shocked to see it almost go up to 100kmh (60mph). Not positive but I believe this makes it as fast or faster than the Inspire 1!

Yeah it seems to be able to go fairly fast. I have watched videos of guys using the wizard and have it follow them in "follow me" mode over 40 and even close to 50 MPH. Impressive.

Last edited:
I was wondering if by removing the weight of the gimbal platform if that would also increase speed.

I know the Typhoon H is meant to be an aerial imaging platform but who doesn't like to go fast and have a little fun? Few days ago I was impressed to see the Typhoon H hit up to 60 km/h (37mph) flying in angle mode (Typhoon H hits 37 MPH in angle mode!). Today decided to see just how fast this bird could go with GPS disabled. Not something I would recommend for inexperienced pilots as the bird will quickly drift and be tricky to land. I come from flying helis so thought what the heck might as well try. Was shocked to see it almost go up to 100kmh (60mph). Not positive but I believe this makes it as fast or faster than the Inspire 1!

Loved the audio aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Magic there are not many of us around.

I was wondering if by removing the weight of the gimbal platform if that would also increase speed.
It will affect the balance adversely but it will reduce parasitic drag. So if you can control it yes it will go faster just before you crash,lol.

Since the camera/gimbal is pretty much centered under the airframe, it should not have much effect on balance if you remove it. The bird may handle differently because it is lighter. I have flown many multirotors both with and without a camera and gimbal mounted. They compensate very well automatically.

What are you using to get telemetry on playback ?

Reactions: NoCoOutdoorGuys
I think the bird could've reached 60mph or higher as is. Problem with flying without the camera though is you don't have any footage to prove it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz