Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. apexi

I know the Typhoon H is meant to be an aerial imaging platform but who doesn't like to go fast and have a little fun? Few days ago I was impressed to see the Typhoon H hit up to 60 km/h (37mph) flying in angle mode (Typhoon H hits 37 MPH in angle mode!). Today decided to see just how fast this bird could go with GPS disabled. Not something I would recommend for inexperienced pilots as the bird will quickly drift and be tricky to land. I come from flying helis so thought what the heck might as well try. Was shocked to see it almost go up to 100kmh (60mph). Not positive but I believe this makes it as fast or faster than the Inspire 1!

2. Paladin

Yeah it seems to be able to go fairly fast. I have watched videos of guys using the wizard and have it follow them in "follow me" mode over 40 and even close to 50 MPH. Impressive.

#2 Paladin, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  3. WanderLust68

I was wondering if by removing the weight of the gimbal platform if that would also increase speed.

4. yuneec53

Loved the audio aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Magic there are not many of us around.

5. Dragonflyerthom

It will affect the balance adversely but it will reduce parasitic drag. So if you can control it yes it will go faster just before you crash,lol.

6. RiverRunner

Since the camera/gimbal is pretty much centered under the airframe, it should not have much effect on balance if you remove it. The bird may handle differently because it is lighter. I have flown many multirotors both with and without a camera and gimbal mounted. They compensate very well automatically.

7. Luckyleaf

What are you using to get telemetry on playback ?

NoCoOutdoorGuys likes this.
  8. apexi

Dashware. It's available as free software!

Luckyleaf likes this.
  9. apexi

I think the bird could've reached 60mph or higher as is. Problem with flying without the camera though is you don't have any footage to prove it!

10. David Wilson

I finally tried non gps mode today and you are correct, this thing is a rocket! I easily hit 55mph!!!

Moldy_Noldy likes this.
  11. apexi

Shocking isn't? Did u land it on the ground or hand catch?