Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

wrong altitude in ccc mode

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Yesterday after having recorded 7 waypoints for a ccc travel, I launched the sequence but the TH started to reach the WP1 going down more than the loaded WP1. When I realized it was going below the loaded WP1, I exit on the ccc but it was a bit late because the camera touched the ground. Luckily just a minor scratch on the camera. Everything is working. I am just surprised of the altitude error. Is because the WP1 altitude was to low (2 to 3 meters) ?
Do you know how is measures the altitude ? With gps and or with barometric capsule ? Perhaps this is due to the gps uncertainty? Or compass calibration ? My Typhoon H is the Advanced one.
Thanks in advance for advice or help..

Not with GPS. Barometric psi, which is set during the start-up process. Actual height typically varies, the indicated height often does not match real height. Did you set the waypoints by actually flying or by entering GPS data? Try it at 10 meters or more.

Reactions: Paul Zoulou Quebec
Not with GPS. Barometric psi, which is set during the start-up process. Actual height typically varies, the indicated height often does not match real height. Did you set the waypoints by actually flying or by entering GPS data? Try it at 10 meters or more.
Hi, thanks for yoour Quick feedback. I set the waypoints by flying. So if I understand well, there is an uncertainty with the barometric altimeter which requires to fly with security margin in this mode. I guess with a more accurate vertical positionning system such trouble should be avoided. Do you know if Realsense with IPS module should solve this ?
Thanks again ! Best regards Paul

As Rayray stated. 2 or 3 meters close to the ground is too close. Supposedly, GPS receivers have an accuracy between 1 to 5 meters; hence the reason like Rayray stated to be 10 meters or higher above the ground/object you will be flying over. Vertical accuracy is even worse than horizontal accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another possibility is that the Typhoon H flew a Bezier curve for the altitude, and that this brought it below the altitude of the first and second waypoint.

Consider this scenario: waypoints 1 and 2 are at the same altitude of 3 meters, but waypoint 3 is at 10 meters, but not far beyond waypoint 2. In order to fly a smooth curve starting at waypoint 1 and going through waypoints 2 and 3, the Typhoon would have to dip below 3 meters so it is already traveling upwards while passing through waypoint 2.The steeper the climb to waypoint 3 is, the more the Typhoon would have to dip below 3 meters.

Thanks to all for your comments !
Hope really that Realsense + IPS module will enable the H to work at lower altitude for some shooting session in CCC mode..!
Best regards and safe flights to all !

Thanks to all for your comments !
Hope really that Realsense + IPS module will enable the H to work at lower altitude for some shooting session in CCC mode..!
Best regards and safe flights to all !

RealSense doesn't work in CCC mode does it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found this thread. I posted a similar question in the Discussion section. Here is what I asked:

Has anyone heard when the IPS module is to become available for the Typhoon. I am not really interested in the realsense module, but I do believe that the IPS would be nice. I have had some close calls with autonomous flight due to misreadings of how far the copter is off the ground. Whenever I use RTH it always lands a little hard due to readings that claim that it is farther from the ground than in actuality. Also, one really close call I had was when I was using CCC. I setup the waypoints at about 10-15 ft off the ground and when I started up the mission, the typhoon dropped real fast to barely 12" from the ground and then proceeded upon it's mission. Due to this, I am scared to even try CCC anymore. I don't have a problem with it climbing while hovering. It holds itself fairly rock solid, except on autonomous flights.

Hi
I did 2 ccc with my new H but i don t understand how to set the speed to do the ccc, sometimes it s very low 5 km/h and sometimes faster 25 km/h, so how do you do yourself ?
Is it possible to set the speed on the editor ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval