Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

Yaw Rotation Issue

Discussion in 'Q500 4K Help' started by Darrel, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Darrel

Hi, today I had an issue with my Q and Yaw Rotation. Upon takeoff I wanted to do a look over of my aircraft. Usually I do a 360 spin or yaw but for some reason it would stop midair at the same point whether I yawed left or right. The craft crashed due to pilot error on a previous day so I did compass calibrations. I did notice as I was landing in angle mode I did have an orange blink within the purple angle color. The manual says that this is a sign that the compass needs to be recalibrated. I am guessing this is a factor but don't understand why I can not do a 360 degree yaw like I usually do. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks for your help.

2. NRRTRAINS

hi
    what mode did you take off in if it was safe mode you may have been just in or near edge of the geo fence , if in angle mode try going out a little more and rotate your Q . just a though .

3. Darrel

I always fly in angle and never use safe mode. When I discovered I could not get a complete rotation I toggled between angle and safe with no impact at all. Might have to give Yuneec service on this. Thanks for your response.

4. Chewman

I had the purple/orange light and to get rid of it I had to re-download the firmware.... Haven't had any poblems since... Did you check your time and date on the controller? When I had the problem both were out of whack???

NRRTRAINS likes this.