Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec A10 Balance Charger settings

Reaction score
Just purchased the A10 dual balance charger. First time venturing away from the standard supplied charger. What settings should I use for Balance Charge, Charge, Fast Charge and Storage.

Don't want to choose settings that'll risk damaging the batteries.

Thank you. My 2A is a bit low then.

Just spotted shut off is also currently set to 5000MaH so will adjust that. Is 6300MaH too high though as I see it says 5400MaH on the batteries.

Sorry for my novice questions.

Not according to very knowledgeable people in the forum. I've been charging at those numbers and have no issues, "they" have also started that Yuneec has under rated their batteries and they're really 6300MaH. Charges batteries in an hour or less.

Reactions: Murray Martz
Not according to very knowledgeable people in the forum. I've been charging at those numbers and have no issues, "they" have also started that Yuneec has under rated their batteries and they're really 6300MaH. Charges batteries in an hour or less.
I've never seen anything from Yuneec that claims the battery is 6300. That was a rumor started with the very first model of the Q500. At that time the battery supplier had mislabeled the batteries shipped for the Q. Rather than return them, Yuneec made new labels which read 5400 and placed them over the erroneous sticker. Some time after that a Q owner noticed the added label and peeled it off to reveal the 6300. He posted the pictures and many still believe the 5400 was the incorrect label even after Yuneec set the record straight.

It is my understanding that chargers shut off when the rated voltage is reached unless the capacity that is set is reached first. So even if you set it to 6300, the charger is going to stop at 16.6 volts. If you set it to 2000 mAh it might only charge to 15.8v when it reaches the 2000 mark. Since most of these batteries seem to last longer when they are charged at 1C or less, a charging rate of 6.3 amps may be too high for good longevity.

Steve is correct about setting it at the 6300mah it will still only charge your battery to max voltage its rated for. I charge mine at a 1C rate. Keeping your batteries at full charge for long periods of time does more damage to a lipo as well. I charge at a 1c rate making sure im using the balance mode. If you havent used your battery in 5 days put it in storage mode. After market chargers also allow you to do internal resistance check. Also of note on a brand new battery I would charge at a .5 rate for about 5-8 cycles to break it in. After that 1c. Now this is my personal preference. Everyone should do their own thorough research on what best fits there need and comfort.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatR
I charge at a 2c rate making sure im using the balance mode. If you havent used your battery in 5 days put it in storage mode. After market chargers also allow you to do internal resistance check. Also of note on a brand new battery I would charge at a .5 or 1c rate for about 5-8 cycles to break it in. After that 2c. Now this is my personal preference. Everyone should do their own thorough research on what best fits there need and comfort.

Your personal preference is fine for you. I suggest balance charging at the battery recommended rate of 1C, for the stock battery this means not more than 6 amps. I agree about storage mode, 14.8, although I like 15.

You can set these modern chargers at any mAh max capacity you wish, but they are not going to charge a 4S LIPO past 16.8 volts.

Charging time depends on the starting voltage. If you start at more than 15 volts or so, the charging time will be less than starting at 14.3.
LIPO companies are clear about charging too fast: Don't do it, the life may drop from 200 cycles to less than 100.

Take care of your batteries and they will take care of you <groan>.:rolleyes:

Reactions: ChadCloses
I miswrote Rayray, i ment to say I charge at 1C (not 2c like I wrote). I corrected it above in my previous post just in case someone read it before this. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing. Sorry about that..

I miswrote Rayray, i ment to say I charge at 1C (not 2c like I wrote). I corrected it above in my previous post just in case someone read it before this. Not sure what I was thinking when I was typing. Sorry about that..

That scared me, and I don't scare too easy--THE SKY IS FALLING!!!:eek:-- sure glad you cleared it up. With my DC charger I suppose I could charge at 12 amps, but I ain't gonna, lol. Keep on truckin'.:)

Reactions: Hunter_Michael
I have a B6 charger that cost a fraction of the A10, you plug in the battery and it auto recognises the cell type, number of cells and capacities.
You then just select, charge - fast charge - storage - discharge as required.

Thanks for all the advice, very helpful

A question about the storage charge option. I used it last night but noticed that it seemed to take the batteries to 35%, rather than 50% that I expected. How do I set the storage value?

LiPo
Thanks for all the advice, very helpful

A question about the storage charge option. I used it last night but noticed that it seemed to take the batteries to 35%, rather than 50% that I expected. How do I set the storage value?
LiPo Have two storage values. One is long term, the other short term.

Great forum chaps.
I have just purchased the A10 and set my current to 5.4A as they are 5400mAh batteries.
The voltages etc then seem to have all set themselves for the rest of the programs.
Should I change all of these or just accept the values the A10 has given?

Accept the pre-programmed parameters as the discharge rate is constantly changing with voltage level.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece