Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze - Phone/Tablet wifi compatibility list

I've added an important update to the fiirst post in this thread that might solve connection issues where the phone cannot see the Breeze network ;)

Here's another one you might want to add to the working list. Just tried today and works just fine... Apple ipod Touch 6th Generation... Also I use a Nvidea Shield K1 with latest android update and this to works just fine with the Breeze.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact works with no issues. After several tests in different places with different firmwares I can safely say that in most circumstances you'll have a stable connection up to 60-70m away and 60m hight. Further away will definately be unstable, especially with medium windy conditions.

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

After a firmware update which changes the channel of my Breeze, all my Android devices(Samsung S5 mini, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 lite, Nvidia Shield Tablet K1) can now see the Breeze, read more about it here: ;)
Modify the default wifi channel

It seems like Yuneec Breeze has a channel issue in certain countries, so this compatibility list may be obsolete now with this knowledge, but I am still wondering why Yuneec ships Breeze units to countries with a default channel use that causes problems and at the same time being silent about it?

It is no secret that that Yuneec Breeze has its Wi-Fi problems, especially connection problems with android phones/tablets.
It is no guarantee that your phone/tablet will work even if it has dual band 5 GHz Wi-Fi as stated in the manual, it still might not see the Breeze Wi-Fi.
I know a lot of people who cannot connect to the Breeze especially with android devices, I am one of those, so I thought about making a list of both supported and unsupported devices, this would potentially help people who are planning on buying this drone :)

I hope you are willing to spend a little time sharing your experiences, so we can make this list together.
Add a comment with what device(Android/IOS - Tablet/Phone) you have tested the Breeze with, and please add the firmware version of the Breeze, this is important since it might make a difference :)
Please make sure that your device supports Dual Band Wi-Fi, this is a minimum requirement for the Breeze! ;)

Devices that have been tested WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • MOTO G4 5.5" - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Ipad 3(3rd generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini(1st generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Mini 2 3g (10.2.1) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Ipad Air(5th generation) - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Iphone 6 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone 7+ - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • iPhone SE - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S5 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy S7 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1" - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Sony Experia Z3 Compact - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6

Devices that have been tested NOT WORKING with Yuneec Breeze:
  • Google Pixel - Breeze Firmware version Unknown
  • Huawei P9 Lite - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Huawei P9 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
  • Samsung S5 Mini - Breeze Firmware version 1.0.5.6
iPad Mini 4 works as well as the iPhone7

Moto G5 Plus (running Android 7.0) using Breeze Cam client 1.2.9 and firmware breeze_v0.1.37_A.bin.
Binds fine to Breeze. Standard phone controls work as expected.

Bluetooth for FPV controller binds well but the 2 FPV modes (controller/goggles) Breeze Cam app is sometimes glitchy. Glitchy refers to screen sometimes going black (requires restart of Breeze Cam) or unresponsive controls.

Hi,

we experienced the wifi problem, but solved it, here what happened and what we did :
  • we received the breeze for 2 days (F version, in France)
  • first flights went well, no problem :)
  • when we came back home to load the batteries. There, the android app on my Galaxy S4 insisted to upgrade firmware. We were young, innocent, still believing in amelioration with software version ;) and ... accepted :/ (We had anyway no choice, the app would not let us fly the breeze without upgrading...)
  • then began the problems : we could no more reliably connect to the drone, only once out of ten, probably even less
Huge frustration :( Then we came here accross the forum and saw the numerous wifi problems. Big feeling of doubt... did we make the wrong choice :| ? (Really painful : my son bought the drone from his money after long time of dreaming and putting money aside...)

We then tried the suggestion from this post : Firmware Issues / Breeze WiFi fix / Tips :
Since then : no problem any more, we can always connect to the drone. I did not yet, as suggested in the post mentionned above, try to upgrade to anything else. I turn into being very conservative now....

I now try not to start the app when my phone is connected to the internet, so that it can't query the yuneec server and force upgrade. If this happens, close the app, go offline, go to app manager and clear the app data and start again. I then have to go through disclaimers again, but at least I can fly :)

Some more data :
  • Galaxy S4 running android 6.0.1
  • Breeze App version 1.2.9
  • non working firmware : pilot 1.1.2, ESC 1.0.3, Camera 2.0.11(F)
  • now working : pilot 1.1.2, ESC 1.0.3, Camera 1.0.2(F)
So, thanks to all sharing experience here, it really helped us :)

Hope this helps someone in return,

Jean-Marie.

EDIT on July, 1st, 2017 :
Based on a lot of positive feedbacks on the 1.0.47F new firmware, we dared the upgrade, and it's working !
So, 1.0.47F with Galaxy S4 is OK !

Last edited:
Reactions: airborne
I need a new smartphone who is able to connect with the breeze. On the list above i read
  • Samsung Galaxy S5:
    Is the
    Samsung SM-J510F Galaxy J5 or Samsung SM-A510F Galaxy A5 compatible with the S5? Can I buy one of them?
  • Moto G4 5.5"
    Is the
    Lenovo Moto G 4 with 5" okay or it must be this one with 5.5"?
Thanks for helpful advices!

I need a new smartphone who is able to connect with the breeze. On the list above i read
  • Samsung Galaxy S5:
    Is the
    Samsung SM-J510F Galaxy J5 or Samsung SM-A510F Galaxy A5 compatible with the S5? Can I buy one of them?
  • Moto G4 5.5"
    Is the
    Lenovo Moto G 4 with 5" okay or it must be this one with 5.5"?
Thanks for helpful advices!
Didn't work with my Samsung J5 or the J3. I bought a Xperia Z5. But since the latest firmware that doesn't work anymore either. So the breeze ended up pretty expensive :(

So after a week of intense research, via every yuneec drone forum, other drone forums and contacting yuneec this is what I have figured out, Android smartphones that don't support Wi-Fi 802.11 ac will not bind with the breeze. My Samsung A5 2015 only supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n. The Galaxy A5 2016 Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and binds fine (tested and confirmed)
I cannot guarantee this is a 100% correct, but I tried binding with 3 different dual-band brand smartphones that support Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and they all found breeze wifi, I tried with three dual band that do not support Wi-Fi 802.11ac and not one found breeze wifi.

I hope this helps all the folks out there that have had issues with connectivity via android phones

My drone was working fine on my S5 in the USA but don't work in south africa

So after a week of intense research, via every yuneec drone forum, other drone forums and contacting yuneec this is what I have figured out, Android smartphones that don't support Wi-Fi 802.11 ac will not bind with the breeze. My Samsung A5 2015 only supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n. The Galaxy A5 2016 Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and binds fine (tested and confirmed)
I cannot guarantee this is a 100% correct, but I tried binding with 3 different dual-band brand smartphones that support Wi-Fi 802.11 ac and they all found breeze wifi, I tried with three dual band that do not support Wi-Fi 802.11ac and not one found breeze wifi.

I hope this helps all the folks out there that have had issues with connectivity via android phones

I found the same thing. 802.11ac is a must.

Working Devices I've used:
iPad Mini Generation 1 (A1432)
iPhone SE
iPhone 7+
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1"

According to Old Man Photographer, his MOTO G4 5.5" works, but my MOTO G4 Play 5" does NOT work but it is NOT dual band - my bad.

Maybe you can edit your post above to keep all the working models updated in one place as responses are made to this thread?
I have p10 Lite will that work

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

After a firmware update which changes the channel of my Breeze, all my Android devices(Samsung S5 mini, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 lite, Nvidia Shield Tablet K1) can now see the Breeze, read more about it here: ;)

It seems like Yuneec Breeze has a channel issue in certain countries, so this compatibility list may be obsolete now with this knowledge, but I am still wondering why Yuneec ships Breeze units to countries with a default channel use that causes problems and at the same time being silent about it?

It is no secret that that Yuneec Breeze has its Wi-Fi problems, especially connection problems with android phones/tablets.
It is no guarantee that your phone/tablet will work even if it has dual band 5 GHz Wi-Fi as stated in the manual, it still might not see the Breeze Wi-Fi.
I know a lot of people who cannot connect to the Breeze especially with android devices, I am one of those, so I thought about making a list of both supported and unsupported devices, this would potentially help people who are planning on buying this drone :)

I hope you are willing to spend a little time sharing your experiences, so we can make this list together.
Add a comment with what device(Android/IOS - Tablet/Phone) you have tested the Breeze with, and please add the firmware version of the Breeze, this is important since it might make a difference :)
Please make sure that your device supports Dual Band Wi-Fi, this is a minimum requirement for the Breeze! ;)

Got Breeze and controller to work with Pixel ----just received my controller last week been trying to get connected-finally got all working today

Breeze Firmware 1.4.7
Go into phone settings turn Airplane mode on(this turns wifi and Bluetooth off)
Turn wifi on - Turn Bluetooth on
On controller hold down A button while depressing power on button, hold for 2 seconds
Connect controller to phone w/Bluetooth
Turn on Breeze
Connect to Breeze w/wifi -will say connected, no internet
Load Breeze App will beep and say connected to Breeze(whatever you named it)
Put phone in controller holder
Tasks-Controller-Slide-Experience now you will see on phone what drone camera looking at
Hold R2 down and all control descriptions will appear on your screen
Hold down start button 3 seconds-drone starts and hovers-you now are flying with controller

Was not able to fly other than hover height back and forth a few feet because of area I was in, will try all controls at a later date

Make sure after everything shut down you turn off Airplane mode on your phone so you can use as normal

Hope this helps others that may be having similar problems

I am getting a message “incorrect security type”when I type in the breeze name which I changed to “Shadowwalk”when looking for other WiFi settings.
If I don’t find the breeze do I have to type in the name or should I just keep waiting till it finds it.

LG G5 Android 7.0 + SAMSUNG GALYXY TAB S2 Android 7.0 are working
SONY T3 w.4.4 Android no Camera picture @@-–@@ error

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Huawei Mate 10 Lite is tested. It does NOT work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin