Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Breeze purchase : Yes or No

Reaction score
Question.

1. I've read all of the horror stories with the Breeze wifi not being reliable enough to connect and lock on and I'm hesitant to purchase a Breeze for that reason if it still persists. I have a couple of E50 Emachine drones so I can relate to that and I don't want to go through that again. Does anyone know if the problem been fixed yet?

Guess I have missed all these horror stories. The Breeze, like all drones that use phones, etc. for their control and display, does not work well with some devices. Hard to fix a non-existent problem.

Firsthand experience: WiFi does what it is supposed to do. In other words, I never experienced those troubles others write about - like unable to connect, connection loss... But beware, I have the suspicion that Yuneec sells different makes of the breeze in different parts of the world.
Specifically costumers in the EU will not be offered firmware upgrades to V2.x On the other hand Yuneec Germany confirms, that the follow me function is faulty and they can not tell when this issue will be resolved. But members here tell me, that their breezes follow them. So if you want to take chances and live in the right part of the world (wherever that might be) just buy it.
I like my breeze and have learned to live with its weaknesses.

I guess the problem occurred with the January firmware update and was pretty widespread ... according to my Google searches. But I could not find anything more current in looking for recent Posts. Both my 2 E-50 pocket drones are so unpredictable (and I tried with both my Nexus 6P and my Galaxy Tab S8) that I could not even count on one successful flight. One I sent back and the other awaiting a new receiver board. Same with my Hubsan X4 ..... refuses to connect. Support says to try a new battery ... which they are sending. Really?? A battery? Nevertheless I will give it a try. Now my Mavic Pro ... never a problem. Maybe I'll just wait for the Spark.

Seems to be a case of you get what you pay for. For me the breeze equates perfectly money- and performance-wise. A Mavic Pro plays in a different league. 350 Euro inc. tax for a flying camera offer good value for money.

Reactions: Gritz
Firsthand experience: WiFi does what it is supposed to do. In other words, I never experienced those troubles others write about - like unable to connect, connection loss... But beware, I have the suspicion that Yuneec sells different makes of the breeze in different parts of the world.
Specifically costumers in the EU will not be offered firmware upgrades to V2.x On the other hand Yuneec Germany confirms, that the follow me function is faulty and they can not tell when this issue will be resolved. But members here tell me, that their breezes follow them. So if you want to take chances and live in the right part of the world (wherever that might be) just buy it.
I like my breeze and have learned to live with its weaknesses.
The price is pretty attractive right now but I'll have to find out if the wifi freq is compatible with my devices. Seems like a really fun drone ..

Ahh .... I'll have to track that down. Might be specific channels only also. Thanks
You have a Mavic, with never a problem, and you're talking about buying a Breeze? That is funny.:D
Yep .... You should always have backups just in case!! :) I started with a Syma to learn on last Fall while I anxiously waited for my October Mavic Pro order to arrive. (It arrived in late Feb). After getting some Mavic experience I ordered 2 Pocket Drones E-50s (neither which will fly consistently) and a Hubsan X4 Desire which died shortly after receiving it. As a side note on backups ... I also fly a lot of FSX and I don't have an empty hanger anywhere. :rolleyes: Realistically, I'm 80 so I don't have a lot of time left to finish my "Bucket" List.

This can be found here in German.

09070411.gif

Reactions: Gritz
I have Breeze and had problem on the version 1 firmware. After update, which does not work correctly, but could be done with help found on the forum, I have no technical issues. Controller works correctly as well.
The good sides of the drone are that the battery life is still ok, the drone is not big and comes in a nice box, has a controller (FPV bundle), camera is controllable. For indoor flight I find controller to be a very big advantage, since the precision of flight and reaction must be higher.
The bad side is that the drone is slow, range is limited, the size is not so small (compare to Dobby).
Other drone in a category above, but still price competitively is Parrot Bebop 2.
Category below would be Dobby.
There are other selfie drones like Hober and Sparrow, but I did not try them.

Got my Breeze in Nov 2016. Worked great first 3 or 4 times then one of my batteries would not take a charge. After a few months the Android Nexus I was using would no longer connect to WiFi so I had to switch to my Iphone 6. Then my second battery quit taking a charge after less than 8 flights. Wish I had spent the extra bucks for a Mavic Pro.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech