Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec customer support

Reaction score
Earlier this week I posted about an issue I had connecting my drone to the GUI. I drove out to the Yuneec warehouse because I had to provide Yuneec with my vehicle ID so they could provide me with NFZ (No Fly Zone) update. This probably goes without saying, but I'm a moron!! Turns out I was plugging my micro USB cable into the real sense port NOT the port for the drone. They updated the NFZ, replaced a broken internal cooling fan which, to my knowledge didn't even know was broken. FAST FORWARD 2 DAY LATER.. I was out flying my drone in my back yard which is on a golf course with a pond. I was flying like I normally do, had no errors, but as I was increasing altitude half way over the pond to go over neighbors condos I saw all LED's go out and watched the drone drop into the pond. I searched the pond where I thought it might have landed but couldn't find it. I drove out to Yuneec again with my ST-16 and carrying case but no drone. I explained what happened and handed my ST-16 over to the receptionist, who by the way is a sweet girl, and I just said I'm going to Starbucks while you look over the data. When I came back 30 min later she said, I HAVE GOOD NEWS, WE'RE GOING TO REPLACE YOUR DRONE!! I walked out with a new drone the same day. They also gave me a replacement battery and new propellers. The only things I'm out of pocket for is my MicroSD and 1 (the middle) Polar Pro filter. Sorry, I know that seems like a novel, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Yuneec surpassed all my expectations. I'm not saying everyone will have the same experience, just posting mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow.

So, uh, did they say what happened to the drone by any chance?

Earlier this week I posted about an issue I had connecting my drone to the GUI. I drove out to the Yuneec warehouse because I had to provide Yuneec with my vehicle ID so they could provide me with NFZ (No Fly Zone) update. This probably goes without saying, but I'm a moron!! Turns out I was plugging my micro USB cable into the real sense port NOT the port for the drone. They updated the NFZ, replaced a broken internal cooling fan which, to my knowledge didn't even know was broken. FAST FORWARD 2 DAY LATER.. I was out flying my drone in my back yard which is on a golf course with a pond. I was flying like I normally do, had no errors, but as I was increasing altitude half way over the pond to go over neighbors condos I saw all LED's go out and watched the drone drop into the pond. I searched the pond where I thought it might have landed but couldn't find it. I drove out to Yuneec again with my ST-16 and carrying case but no drone. I explained what happened and handed my ST-16 over to the receptionist, who by the way is a sweet girl, and I just said I'm going to Starbucks while you look over the data. When I came back 30 min later she said, I HAVE GOOD NEWS, WE'RE GOING TO REPLACE YOUR DRONE!! I walked out with a new drone the same day. They also gave me a replacement battery and new propellers. The only things I'm out of pocket for is my MicroSD and 1 (the middle) Polar Pro filter. Sorry, I know that seems like a novel, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due. Yuneec surpassed all my expectations. I'm not saying everyone will have the same experience, just posting mine.

I crashed mine. Called them to order new parts and some spares. After I hung up, I remembered that I wanted to double a couple of items to add to the order before it got shipped. They sent the extra parts at no charge. This is old school customer service. So nice to see a company that puts their customers first. For me, they have a customer for life.

I did ask them what they saw, and their response was they couldn't determine what went wrong. I have Tuna's UAV Toolbox installed on my transmitter. I looked at the data, which showed batteries at 15.4 the whole time, as this power failure happened before the 3 min mark on a fully charged battery. But it was not pilot error, up until the second the drone lost power it was responding to every action I was sending, and there was no error reported back to the transmitter. It was flying great until that power failure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I crashed mine. Called them to order new parts and some spares. After I hung up, I remembered that I wanted to double a couple of items to add to the order before it got shipped. They sent the extra parts at no charge. This is old school customer service. So nice to see a company that puts their customers first. For me, they have a customer for life.

I agree with you 100% Murray, they stand behind their products. I honestly didn't think I'd walk into their shop for the second time in a week, tell them my drone drowned in a pond, couldn't even find it to prove it and walk out a couple hours later with a new drone. Granted, thanks to Tuna's app with the map overlay they could see the drone was over water and then the flight path just suddenly ended. I even went out and bought a face mask the next day to dive for the drone to see if I could find it, but I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face.

Mine did the same thing, I've sent My flight log to them hopefully, 'll have as much luck as You.When I find out something I'll post it.

Reactions: ChadCloses
I am so glad that worked out for you Chad... Yuneec could stand some improvement in some areas, but their CS is second to none.
Particularly, just due to the nature of online boards, this will be the first place you would see examples of sub-standard customer
interactions... yet time and time again Yuneec stands behind their platform and takes care of us.

Still no reply from Yuneec.I just decided to fix it Myself, purchased it in Jan.I needed better antennas on it anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece