Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec getting out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Spare parts hard to get, layoffs, etc? Is Yuneec getting out of business?

Thank you.

I can help you if you cannot find parts. Which parts do you need, Mario?

Why don't you call Yuneec about the business question, 844-898-6332.:)

Yuneec has been in business a long time making electric manned aircraft and building large electric motors for the aircraft industry. Their drone division is a recent add-on. It has been, and remains, a viable operation with several new products in development. Look for the release of some of those in the near future.

The origination of reports about trouble with the company seem to come from their primary competitor. That would lead me to believe the competitor is worried about their own future in yet another attempt to wipe out any competition.

something weird is that the H came from 1899 to 1499 , is this normal?

Like all tech, the older it gets, the lower the price. When things are the newest and coolest people will pay a premium. As things become superceded, noone will buy them if the next step up is close to the same price. Why would you? How much has the Phantom 3 gone down in price compared to when it 1st came out now that the Phantom 4 is on the market?
Just business.

They did the same thing in the winter. It's a sale they ran in dec-Jan. I saw a flyer on the Horizon Hobby dealer site about it.

This is quite normal across all makers. Typically a new model design starts out at a given high price and experiences several price reductions over time. The closer a new design gets to its release date the lower you'll encounter pricing on older models. This is exceptionally prevalent with DJI products, where each new model version is much higher priced than the previous version but after a few months, or when it becomes apparent a competitor is about to release a new product, the price will be cut several times.

Price reductions over time is common to just about every consumer good on the market. Those willing to wait a little bit, or don't need to be the first on the block, or undecided about their needs always save themselves a little $ by waiting a little bit after products are released. You'll pay the most for a new car model in the first 6 months after its released. Multirotors are no different in that respect.

They may as well quit. No better camera, no open software......they need to get finger out as dji is prancing all over them. They have a modular system and are not yet exploiting it....madness.

They may as well quit. No better camera, no open software......they need to get finger out as dji is prancing all over them. They have a modular system and are not yet exploiting it....madness.

Have you not seen the FCC leaks? 1 inch sensor 4K 60fps.

Reactions: Gritz and samsflite
No idea on any leaks nope, got any links?

Edit, seen it, if the specs are right it won't fit on the H?

Last edited:
No idea on any leaks nope, got any links?

Edit, seen it, if the specs are right it won't fit on the H?

We don't know for sure, but I believe the new camera(s!) will work with the H.

Trust me that Yuneec are working very hard on a number of new releases that appear to be very competitive. The Typhoon H and Breeze were very new machines for them and along with a rapidly evolving market it's a challenge to get each new device "just right". They're taking their time, but I'd rather they do that than just fire off 'me too' products that aren't exciting.

The upcoming H520 is exciting - it really moves the game on from the H, but it's also an evolution of the existing platform so we're getting the benefit of a machine that works amazingly well at the job it does with the latest tech advancements added in.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
We don't know for sure, but I believe the new camera(s!) will work with the H.

Trust me that Yuneec are working very hard on a number of new releases that appear to be very competitive. The Typhoon H and Breeze were very new machines for them and along with a rapidly evolving market it's a challenge to get each new device "just right". They're taking their time, but I'd rather they do that than just fire off 'me too' products that aren't exciting.

The upcoming H520 is exciting - it really moves the game on from the H, but it's also an evolution of the existing platform so we're getting the benefit of a machine that works amazingly well at the job it does with the latest tech advancements added in.
Hey Pilots,
I talked to one the Yuneec technicians last week about the new H520's cameras. He told me that all of the new cameras will fit the Typhoon H and
operate with no problems, and the ST16 controller will recognize all functions
Of the cameras.:):D

That would certainly eliminate having to buy a bunch of different batteries. It also would demonstrate why it's not necessary to buy a completely new system in order to upgrade optics, unlike how another company does things.

That would be great news, which is why I believe Yuneec has made the Typhoon H to be modular, where you can update, upgrade the options. Brilliant on the part of Yuneec. Not many other manufactures provide this functionality.

Reactions: Steve Carr
That would certainly eliminate having to buy a bunch of different batteries. It also would demonstrate why it's not necessary to buy a completely new system in order to upgrade optics, unlike how another company does things.
Why do you guys not like to say the word "DJi"? I will never understand fanboyism.

It's fine that you like Yuneec better. They do some things better and I love that it's modular as well. I own almost every enthusiast UAS on the market from the major players and an Inspire and soon an Inspire 2 but not even being able to say the word DJI is just weird. IMO.

Reactions: Gritz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430