Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

1. K3CFPV

Don't get me wrong, I love my H. However, since Yuneec has not (yet) decided to save GPS data (lat, lon, alt) in EXIF with their JPGs, users cannot utilize the services of companies such as DroneDeploy to create 3D maps or utilize any of their other services. This lack of EXIF support, in effect, severely limits the usefulness of the H which inadvertently puts DJI at an advantage. If Yuneec wants to seriously compete with DJI (which I believe they do), then this capability has to be corrected with a firmware update sooner than later. There is great potential in the H, so hopefully they will release it's full potential for us to use.

Lumberjack0 and Sunblade like this.
  2. Peter a

So there is only 6 contacts connected to the camera / gimbal , so is there two way stream to the main body , so can the camera receive gps data from the main body ?.

3. JohnL

I believe you get EXIF data when you take/save photos in the DNG format. But please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Lumberjack0 likes this.
  4. CianMcLiam

You actually get less EXIF data in DNG format, basically the type of camera and that's about it.

5. JohnL

What about in RAW?

6. OnTheRopes

DNG is RAW effectively and no you dont even get exposure values

7. K3CFPV

There is EXIF data stored with the JPGs, however, Yuneec only provides the latitude and longitude values, NOT the altitude. No altitude data, no 3D stictching of photos. Yuneec evidently has full access to the GPS, so why leave off the altitude? Another request for inclusion in next firmware update. Come on Yuneec, such potential here, how about releasing it and being a real competitor?

8. Peter a

I didn't know if it was a can't do it ,or just don't want to .
    I guess if there is a two way stream of data to the camera , it's possible with a firmware update.

9. Sami Rautaneva

Well, I have altitude in my .jpg pics.

Lumberjack0 likes this.
  10. Sami Rautaneva

11. K3CFPV

My bad. The method that I was using on OSX to examine the EXIF data for some reason wasn't displaying the altitude data. In conventional photography it would be less important as one would assume that the photographer was "on the ground" at the given lat/long. Sami, after seeing your EXIF.jpg, I utilized another method and the altitude was indeed captured. Thank you for showing me my error. My apologies to Yuneec for my incorrect assumption. I will strive for multiple verifications befor making future assumptions.

Lumberjack0 likes this.
  12. Fezzik

Isn't the GPS data logged on the controller's SD card, like it is in the Q500?

13. vidwiz

appears to be absolute aka agl, not true altitude to me.

14. Mrphillips

So does this mean that the H is compatible with Drone Deploy? Has anyone tried this out yet?

15. K3CFPV

All of the necessary exif data is included (currently) in the jpg images, which is what DroneDeploy utilizes. I have sucessfully uploaded a series of 30 or so images of my property and constructed a 3D representation. It even gave some suggestions to improving the images. I shot at 100' and it suggested I shoot at 200'. I also didn't take any oblique images so the sides of some objects were blurred, but that was to be expected.

JCFlippen likes this.
  16. Mickeyboo

What kind of camera are you using which only delivers such little information in raw...I use Canon and Sony and I get much more than that? Are you referring to just the Yuneec H camera or "raw"
    in general?

www.michaelkienitz.com

#16 Mickeyboo, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  17. OnTheRopes

I was at the time referring to the CGO3+ and this was posted prior to the firmware update