Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec info (redacted)

Reaction score
Sounds like Ray received information from someone higher up and the information I heard was inaccurate. My apologies to all members AND YUNEEC. Obviously I'm a huge supporter of Yuneec and their techs as I've expressed in previous posts. I wasn't inferring any scenario about the present or future of the company but I can see how anyone would start thinking in those terms.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if DJI has a usa operation? Or just dealers and repair centers?

I sure hope not. Customer service and drones goes hand and hand. Geesh it's making me lose interest. But we shall see I guess

I'm not necessarily optimistic or pessimistic but, instead, I try to be realistic.

My very recent experience within the last 3 weeks with Yuneec's customer service - in which they replaced my errant and MIA Typhoon H with a new unit - was very much that of a company that is here to stay. And remember, Yuneec very recently voluntarily doubled their warranty on the Typhoon H, again not the markings of a company that's in trouble, going anywhere except up, and is willing to stand behind their products and customer base.

Not many companies announce ahead of time or even bother to explain online, etc., what their corporate strategies are or delve into their internal operations for the world to see, for a variety of reasons. I just feel certain that Yuneec is covering its bases, perhaps reorganizing things a bit as need be, but with the same goal of providing excellent electric aviation products combined with top-notch customer service.

That's been their trademark, that's what has put them and their products prominently on the map, and that is what has sold a butt load of drones for them. You don't mess with success. You refine it, maximize it, and then squeeze EVERY drop from it you can get. I have no reason to think Yuneec will not do that, and do it well.

Reactions: Robert Brooks
The good news must be that if they were closing, there wouldn't be anyone there - so they're still in business.

The question is going to be whether they're able to support their users adequately, and when will the new stuff will come out that will hopefully allow them to grow again. In the UK at least, their service is excellent, and they have always done what they can to keep owners in the air. Now that the market is getting tough, they need to focus on delivering the right tools for the job - if they can do that, I'll certainly support them.

I'm at Yuneec right now, the article regarding layoffs was true. They are down to 2 techs in the US. Just thought everyone would want to know straight from the horses mouth so to say. This warehouse was bustling before, now it's a ghost town.

Chad, Yuneec has responded to set their current situation straight with the following two paragraphs. I have their permission to pass this along.

The statement is inaccurate. We have 6 technicians in Repair and 4 more working in the warehouse. We also have 6 technicians manning the phones for customer support. We have additional staff in the warehouse for order fulfillment and shipping. These are all in addition to the administrative and accounting staff.

He was in here today. Customers can only see a portion of the repair center. They can’t see in to the various areas of the warehouse or the main office area. He may have been here during a break time where there are only a couple of guys on the floor in Repair.

Chad, Yuneec has responded to set their current situation straight with the following two paragraphs. I have their permission to pass this along.

The statement is inaccurate. We have 6 technicians in Repair and 4 more working in the warehouse. We also have 6 technicians manning the phones for customer support. We have additional staff in the warehouse for order fulfillment and shipping. These are all in addition to the administrative and accounting staff.

He was in here today. Customers can only see a portion of the repair center. They can’t see in to the various areas of the warehouse or the main office area. He may have been here during a break time where there are only a couple of guys on the floor in Repair.

At this point, rumours can get dangerously out of control. Chad, would you consider editing your first post in the light of this? A lot of people will only read the first couple of posts in a thread and come to a very damaging conclusion.

I've had this conversation on other forums. All of the drone manufacturers have had to cut back. However, rumours can have a hugely damaging effect on companies, so though it's tempting to spread the news when you can, if we want Yuneec to recover, we should be wary of 'guessing' what is happening. The facts are that they're still in business, and the support of their users will help them weather the storm.

Sounds like Ray received information from someone higher up and the information I heard was inaccurate. My apologies to all members AND YUNEEC. Obviously I'm a huge supporter of Yuneec and their techs as I've expressed in previous posts. I wasn't inferring any scenario about the present or future of the company but I can see how anyone would start thinking in those terms.

Thanks Chad, for following up and editing your post.

We are all staunch supporters (those who are actually invested) and want to see continued success, including enhancements and innovation. We know you feel the same!

As long as we keep each other honest should stuff like this happen, we'll be good.

Happy flying!

Jeff

P.S. I have a reason for being positive... my BNF backup craft arrived this evening! (Bind 'n Fly for those unfamiliar with the acronym.)

DJI has a corporate (legal) presence in the U.S., along with a couple of service locations and what appears to be a vast advertising and disinformation staff. They do not manufacture in the U.S.

DJI has a corporate (legal) presence in the U.S., along with a couple of service locations and what appears to be a vast advertising and disinformation staff. They do not manufacture in the U.S.
Thanks for that info.

Well it was shipped to DJI at THEIR address and was returned directly from DJI at their address. It took a month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix