Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Repair Wait Time

Reaction score
Just wanted to post about sending your unit into Yuneec's repair service.

I crashed my Q500 4K March 12. Immediately called Yuneec and received a return for service number and sent it that same day. It arrived on the 22nd and was logged into their service department on the 28th.

The last update I received by phone was yesterday and was told they are still finishing up units they received the week ending the 25th of March.

It appears they are running 5-7 weeks before a unit even hits an inspector bench to determine what needs to be done and what parts are required

Reactions: clackey
I crashed mine on it's maiden flight in early February. It took five days to get from the east coast of the U.S. to their facility in CA. Three weeks to get on and off of the bench and five days to return.
(It suffered a catastrophic power failure three minutes after I fired up the engines. They could not reproduce the issue. It broke the camera off of the gimbal board. $250 out of pocket to me.)

I caught the tip top of a 30+ ft tall tree. I 'panicked' and remembering my lessons from flying a smaller unit in the house cut the power to the motors and it plummeted from that height onto a paved driveway, ***-end down. Busted both rear motor mounts, shattered all four blades, the battery came out and the case opened up, the camera came off the gimbel and I have a sinking suspicion I might as well just purchase a new one. I shipped it from my local Staples out of Massachusetts. They shipped it USPS and had I realized it soon enough I would have stopped them and had it shipped UPS. Took 10 days to get there. Staples screwed up and had to 'edit' the info on the shipping order, that in turn printed a second (new) receipt. They gave me the original receipt which had the incorrect tracking number on it and I had Yuneec searching for the incorrect tracking number for over a week, all the while it sat in their facility unbeknownst to them.

wow the more i read about returned Q500 and the wait time to repair them the more you would think Yuneec would hire more repair personal . from the time Yuneec receives the Q then to get to your Q after it in their shop is unbelievable , how many bad and broken Q's are there ?

wow the more i read about returned Q500 and the wait time to repair them the more you would think Yuneec would hire more repair personal . from the time Yuneec receives the Q then to get to your Q after it in their shop is unbelievable , how many bad and broken Q's are there ?
I don't think it's a matter of how many bad "Q's" are out there as to how many as there are Q's experiencing pilot error.

I love my Q and have not had any issues with it's performance. I made a bad judgement call and now I am paying dearly for it.

As far as having the repair technicians available, that may be something they could remedy by cross training some repair techs to be customer service people. That way they could hire more repair techs and still have somewhere for them to go when the repairs are not such a heavy load.

Received my repair quote yesterday.
Complete air frame
Two rear motors
the two associated ESC's
Decorations for gimbal arm
Vertical aluminum camera frame
Total $285. and change

They just emailed me that my battery still powers the Q500 but if I wanted to replace it they would offer me a replace at 50% off normal price of $99.00

I called to confirm that I wanted the repairs to go forward. This was Tuesday. When I asked what the average wait time was for repairs to be complete they said 5 - 7 days.

I'm looking for my Q500 to come home end of next week.

Just received email that my repair is complete and with a tracking number I am assuming it is on its way.
Bill was for $100 less than quoted.
Woohoo.
Might be getting my Q 4K and the H in my hands around the same time.....
:confused::eek:o_O

Found out my Q500 is sitting at the UPS center about 30 miles from where I live. It should have gone out for delivery today but Yuneec screwed up the street address. Instead of putting 'County Road' they apparently tried to abbreviate and used 'CR'. In order for me to be able to pick it up tonite I would need to contact Yuneec and have them contact UPS and OK the pick up. If that wasnt bad enough, the UPS center is only open until 4PM. I dont get out of work until 4:30 and its a 50 minute drive home for me.

Way to go Yuneec!

Now I have to try to sleep tonite, knowing the bird is only 30 miles away from me and I will need to wait all day knowing it was sooo close.

To top it all off, here in Southern Mass the weather is great today and tomorrow but Friday and Saturday are supposed to rain.
:confused:

Funny, Sad but true.....

I received a box from Yuneec on Wed. I opened the box when I got home and found a Q500 4K case that was different than the one I sent my drone in. Didnt think much of at the time. . Now, all I sent in for the repair was my airframe and attached body, the camera, the motors. Much to my surprise when I opened the case I found in the top section two sets of props, in the bottom section was another set of props, a transmitter (with a note that said 'updated to latest firmware' and a drone along with one of their check lists that tell all the items they tested before sending the unit back. So, now I have a drone with three sets of props and, to me, an extra transmitter. I was kind of perplexed but thought well maybe for all the headaches this repair adventure has caused me they threw in these extras. No new battery

The next evening I am on my way home from work and my wife calls me and says I received another box from Yuneec. She says its as big as the first box I received the day before. Now I am really perplexed. I cancelled a preorder for the 'H' through Yuneec and am now thinking, maybe they sent me an H by mistake for my cancelled preorder. I get home and noticed the box is the same box I originally sent my drone into Yuneec with. Perplexation continues to build. I open the box to find another Q500 4K case, this one looks like the one I sent in because it has different closure devices than the first one I received. I open the case to find a complete airframe and a battery. Now I am really really perplexed.

To make a long story a bit shorter I'll jump to the conclusion.

I end up looking at the inspection list from the first drone and see that the name on it is Kevin (my first name) but a different last name. AND, the reason for the repair is 'Could Not Bind Aircraft'. Turns out, Yuneec returned the wrong Q500 4K in the first box. I got my aircraft and someone elses.

The saga continues.

If anyone on this forum sent their Q500 4K in for repair because they could get it to bind to the transmitter and your name is Kevin 'H' please send me a private message and we can discuss what to do. Otherwise....I am contacting Yuneec for them to send a pickup for this incorrectly sent package and that Kevin will have to wait just that much longer for his drone.

Reactions: Guest99

This is probably good job security with so many of us new folks getting into flying drones and pilot error causing crashes. My Q500 4K is supposed to arrive in Ontario on 8-30 so I'm thinking it might be late September before I hear back from them after they look at the SD card from my ST10 (I sent the ST10 itself in with the remains of my Q500 and the camera/gimble) and I'm bracing myself for a cal back from them "It wasn't our fault, you screwed up"...

I'm glad though after the many years I've flown in real airplanes, and having engine-outs and forced landings in pastures and a rural highway, and problems on several mechanical issues during take-offs (one in Custer, Wyoming... you don't want to screw-up in the Badlands & Black Hills) while flying by Mount Rushmore...

I went out and bought a brand new Q500 4K just in case Yuneec calls and says "You repair is gonna be $1,200..." I'm unboxing the new one today, taking a pain pill so I can do the compass calibration, to a flight and then having a beer and a celebration, if this one doesn't fall out of the sky...

Funny, Sad but true.....

I am contacting Yuneec for them to send a pickup for this incorrectly sent package and that Kevin will have to wait just that much longer for his drone.

Kevin... You are a good man.

And I wish I was in Cape Cod! Went there years ago in my youth when I was at Navy OCS in Newport and I thought (as a Texan who grew up in the desert region of my state) that I had died and gone to Heaven. I shall return some day, and I hope I can take my Q500 4K there too/

My 3 experiences with Yuneec support:
1. Sent (less than a year ago) in my Q500 4K because one of the wires deep inside the battery compartment was not connected. No charge, received back in 3 Weeks.
2. October, sent in my Q500 4K and Typhoon H Pro for repair (pilot error). I was quoted a price on the repair for the H, authorized it, and bird came back in 3 weeks...no issue.
Now comes the nightmare: About 2 weeks after I sent in the Q500 I was quoted a price for repair and authorized it. 3 weeks later I'm still waiting on my bird to return home when I get an email from Drone Nerds telling me that they've found an issue with the camera and it would need to be replaced for an additional $499.

I responded to them saying that I would have not have authorized the repair of $339.00 that was quoted 3 weeks back, had I known they were going to latter add to this (you can now get a band new Q500 4K bundle with all the trimmings for $425 on Amazon - hard case and backpack included). Still, I said I would meet them half way and spend an additional $250 to complete the fix with a 1 week deadline to simply respond with something tangible as it related to my offer. That was two weeks ago. I've tried emailing back Rob at Drone nerds (the one asking for more money) on several occasions without a response. What I do get are emails from Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds. I keep telling them I'm responding directly to the email from Drone Nerds but they could not grasp that concept and a long email chain ensued (there is no email on Drone Nerds' website btw and I wanted all of this documented). And after all, I did send the drone as instructed to Yuneec in Ontario, CA (not Drone Nerds in Miami, FL). It's not my responsibility to chase down a 3rd party that they farm out repair work to (even though I took that responsibility in an effort to resolve the issue).

So I gave them an extended deadline to respond to my generous offer. All I got was an email telling me that my case was being updated. Then a few days later the same email again. I responded by asking "what does this mean?" This led to another email chain with Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds.

The extended deadline ended today and I've not received a response from either Yuneec nor Drone Nerds. It's been six weeks since I sent in the bird into Yuneec. They can keep the drone and I'll simply dispute the charges on my credit card.

So, some lessons learned:
1. If you have an H that needs repair, it gets repaired by Yuneec in Ontario, CA (you shouldn't have the finger pointing issues I had).
2. If you have a Q it gets farmed out to Drone Nerds (So you ship it to California and they ship it to Florida...real efficient Yuneec).
3. If you respond to an email from Drone Nerds, the email get's routed to Yuneec...it's a vicious cycle you don't want to get into.
4. I understand there are other repair options now, haven't read the thread on this yet.
5. Just to add to the comedy of errors, just as I was about to post this, I get another one of their meaningless emails:
Greetings,
If this message was received in error discard and do not respond to email. The message is sent out for further communication to know what your request might be.

Thank you,

A. Hall
Customer Care
[email protected]
Yuneec USA Inc.

I responded and congratulated them on purchasing back a used drone.

1. Sent (less than a year ago) in my Q500 4K because one of the wires deep inside the battery compartment was not connected. No charge, received back in 3 Weeks.
2. October, sent in my Q500 4K and Typhoon H Pro for repair (pilot error). I was quoted a price on the repair for the H, authorized it, and bird came back in 3 weeks...no issue.
Now comes the nightmare: About 2 weeks after I sent in the Q500 I was quoted a price for repair and authorized it. 3 weeks later I'm still waiting on my bird to return home when I get an email from Drone Nerds telling me that they've found an issue with the camera and it would need to be replaced for an additional $499.

I responded to them saying that I would have not have authorized the repair of $339.00 that was quoted 3 weeks back, had I known they were going to latter add to this (you can now get a band new Q500 4K bundle with all the trimmings for $425 on Amazon - hard case and backpack included). Still, I said I would meet them half way and spend an additional $250 to complete the fix with a 1 week deadline to simply respond with something tangible as it related to my offer. That was two weeks ago. I've tried emailing back Rob at Drone nerds (the one asking for more money) on several occasions without a response. What I do get are emails from Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds. I keep telling them I'm responding directly to the email from Drone Nerds but they could not grasp that concept and a long email chain ensued (there is no email on Drone Nerds' website btw and I wanted all of this documented). And after all, I did send the drone as instructed to Yuneec in Ontario, CA (not Drone Nerds in Miami, FL). It's not my responsibility to chase down a 3rd party that they farm out repair work to (even though I took that responsibility in an effort to resolve the issue).

So I gave them an extended deadline to respond to my generous offer. All I got was an email telling me that my case was being updated. Then a few days later the same email again. I responded by asking "what does this mean?" This led to another email chain with Yuneec telling me I need to contact Drone Nerds.

The extended deadline ended today and I've not received a response from either Yuneec nor Drone Nerds. It's been six weeks since I sent in the bird into Yuneec. They can keep the drone and I'll simply dispute the charges on my credit card.

1. If you have an H that needs repair, it gets repaired by Yuneec in Ontario, CA (you shouldn't have the finger pointing issues I had).
2. If you have a Q it gets farmed out to Drone Nerds (So you ship it to California and they ship it to Florida...real efficient Yuneec).
3. If you respond to an email from Drone Nerds, the email get's routed to Yuneec...it's a vicious cycle you don't want to get into.
4. I understand there are other repair options now, haven't read the thread on this yet.
5. Just to add to the comedy of errors, just as I was about to post this, I get another one of their meaningless emails:
Greetings,
If this message was received in error discard and do not respond to email. The message is sent out for further communication to know what your request might be.

Thank you,

A. Hall
Customer Care
[email protected]
Yuneec USA Inc.

the way things are going if your Q 500 has an overpriced fix to be done it really dose not pay to have it serviced . for what the repair on the camera or Q 500 cost you can purchases a new in the box Q 500 with a 4K camera , battery and get it warranted . soon they will be one and done .

the way things are going if your Q 500 has an overpriced fix to be done it really dose not pay to have it serviced . for what the repair on the camera or Q 500 cost you can purchases a new in the box Q 500 with a 4K camera , battery and get it warranted . soon they will be one and done .

Yeah, that was exactly my point bro (I know my post was rather long so you may have missed it).

The short story as it relates to your comment: They originally quoted me $339 for the repair (at that time the lowest price on a new bundle was $699) so it totally made sense to authorize.

So when I was expecting the bird back home two weeks later, I was sent another email telling me they would need to charge an additional $499. So at this stage of this now 6 week nightmare, your point becomes valid, which is exactly what my point was/is - This new quote totaled $839 + $80 (shipping round trip) = $919!

To pour salt in my wounds, with all the holiday deals, you could (and still can) purchase a brand new and better bundled (more add-ons) Q500 4K for $425 . Heck, I can purchase two of these bundles for $69 less than my repair bill AND get it in two days! That was the jest of my post without all of the time consuming elements that make up an additional soft cost (my time and disenchantment with this whole exercise in futility).

And just a side note. Yuneec could save a lot of overhead costs and headaches for themselves and us consumers offerring these birds unbundled from their respective controllers. If a bundle now cost $425 (and it does in this example), how much would just the bird cost? $250? When you figure in the $80 round trip shipping costs, any repairs approaching $100 probably wouldn't warrant sending in a bird while waiting six weeks on a repair (and I gotta think the vast majority of damaged drones have a higher repair bill). If it were my business, I'd do it in a heartbeat. And anyone that's invested in several drones over the past few years probably has a fair amount more controllers than they do drones...I know I do (I've never crashed a controller but I've crashed my share of birds).

Greetings,

Thank you,

A. Hall
Customer Care
[email protected]
Yuneec USA Inc.

I had a similar problem. I had a crash on my Q500 4K (pilot error). I received an RA and mailing instructions for delivery to Drones Plus (at the time an authorized repair facility) in Las Vegas. I hand delivered it there as I was going to visit my son who lives there (3.5 hour drive). When I called to get the RA the rep at Yuneec they said it would be a 7 to 10 day wait. After three weeks I still had no repair quote from Drones Plus. I contacted called Drones weekly during the three week I had been waiting for a quote and got the same runaround about not having parts to do repairs.

I contacted Yuneec and explained the problem. They said that they would contact Drones Plus and get back to me. Within an hour Yuneec called me back and said that they were having Drones Plus sent all of the units that they had to the Ontario, CA facility and that my unit would the first to be repaired as it was the first to be consigned to Drones Plus for repair. they also said that if the cost of repair would exceed the cost of a Bind And Fly unit they would offer a Find and Fly in-lieu-of repairing the unit. T

Yuneec received the unit at their facilities 3 days later. They started work 1 day later. The following day I was contacted with the estimate $235 and I approved the repair. Work stated 2 days later. during final inspection 2 motors were found to be bad and replaced under warranty. I received the unit back after 14 days at Yuneec.

Unit has worked perfectly since.

I had a similar problem. I had a crash on my Q500 4K (pilot error). I received an RA and mailing instructions for delivery to Drones Plus (at the time an authorized repair facility) in Las Vegas. I hand delivered it there as I was going to visit my son who lives there (3.5 hour drive). When I called to get the RA the rep at Yuneec they said it would be a 7 to 10 day wait. After three weeks I still had no repair quote from Drones Plus. I contacted called Drones weekly during the three week I had been waiting for a quote and got the same runaround about not having parts to do repairs.

I contacted Yuneec and explained the problem. They said that they would contact Drones Plus and get back to me. Within an hour Yuneec called me back and said that they were having Drones Plus sent all of the units that they had to the Ontario, CA facility and that my unit would the first to be repaired as it was the first to be consigned to Drones Plus for repair. they also said that if the cost of repair would exceed the cost of a Bind And Fly unit they would offer a Find and Fly in-lieu-of repairing the unit. T

Yuneec received the unit at their facilities 3 days later. They started work 1 day later. The following day I was contacted with the estimate $235 and I approved the repair. Work stated 2 days later. during final inspection 2 motors were found to be bad and replaced under warranty. I received the unit back after 14 days at Yuneec.

Unit has worked perfectly since.

Louie,

Thanks for the input. A couple of questions regarding this experience:

1. You mentioned Yuneec would send you a new "'Bind and Fly" unit if the repair bill would exceed the cost of a "Bind and Fly".
A. By 'Bind and Fly' are you referring to just the bird?
B. If yes, did they give you a price?
C. If they didn't...I'm guessing this to be nothing more than lip service. It would have to be around $300 including shipping to make sense over purchasing
a new bundle based on the new price points I'm seeing ($425).

2. Sounds like I need to conduct some G2 regarding warranty coverage on these. I'm quite surprised they would cover the cost of the two motors after a crash...really surprised. I'm wondering if you just got lucky and caught someone on a good day, or they made a mistake. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you made out as well as you did.

And just thinking out loud now, having the motors covered (depending on the warranty/motor replacement cost)...may actually be worth the peace of mind. It's always good to get real world feedback on these coverages...I'm always wary of their 'fine print' disclaimers.

Louie,

Thanks for the input. A couple of questions regarding this experience:

1. You mentioned Yuneec would send you a new "'Bind and Fly" unit if the repair bill would exceed the cost of a "Bind and Fly".
A. By 'Bind and Fly' are you referring to just the bird?
B. If yes, did they give you a price?
C. If they didn't...I'm guessing this to be nothing more than lip service. It would have to be around $300 including shipping to make sense over purchasing
a new bundle based on the new price points I'm seeing ($425).

2. Sounds like I need to conduct some G2 regarding warranty coverage on these. I'm quite surprised they would cover the cost of the two motors after a crash...really surprised. I'm wondering if you just got lucky and caught someone on a good day, or they made a mistake. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you made out as well as you did.

And just thinking out loud now, having the motors covered (depending on the warranty/motor replacement cost)...may actually be worth the peace of mind. It's always good to get real world feedback on these coverages...I'm always wary of their 'fine print' disclaimers.

Yes bind and fly is just aircraft with camera and does not include the ST10. As I recall they did not give me a price for the bind and fly and I didn't ask. It was a just discussion point and that would be discussed if the repair costs became an issue. The rep had stated that damage greater than what I had described were repaired for under the $300 mark.

Where are you finding the $425 price point? What is included in the bundle? I did some research and found bind and fly units at around the $450. I do not remember where I found that price. At the time of my accident the going price was $699 for eveything but the extra battery and a case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval