Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Repair Wait Time

Thanks for the clarification. Lip service. If you would have told them your camera was also broke, that adds another $500 to the bill. Instead of doing you any favors, they end up with another sale and you another bundle.

I try not to advertise for anyone here (nor break any of the rules) but I did mention in my original post the answers to your questions, its on Amazon). Just go one step further to where it says other buyers...you'll see it and the details to the bundle. Let me know if you don't.

Where did you find just the bird only for $450?

Thanks for the clarification. Lip service. If you would have told them your camera was also broke, that adds another $500 to the bill. Instead of doing you any favors, they end up with another sale and you another bundle.

I try not to advertise for anyone here (nor break any of the rules) but I did mention in my original post the answers to your questions, its on Amazon). Just go one step further to where it says other buyers...you'll see it and the details to the bundle. Let me know if you don't.

Where did you find just the bird only for $450?

They knew there was a problem with the camera. They replaced the camera control board.

I don't remember where I found the bind and fly for $450.

Do you mean other sellers? I found it. That price is for a used bundle.

They knew there was a problem with the camera. They replaced the camera control board.

I don't remember where I found the bind and fly for $450. Yeah, I don't think this exist separately.

Do you mean other sellers? I found it. That price is for a used bundle.
Yep exactly as I stated. You wouldn't turn down a lower price because it has extra stuff would you?

Yep exactly as I stated. You wouldn't turn down a lower price because it has extra stuff would you?
The first part of my last post got inserted with your text:
You: I don't remember where I found the bind and fly for $450. Me: Yeah, I don't think this exist separately.

Well, it looks like I'm not alone. Mine crashed into a tree and the OAS completely failed to protect the drone. Yuneec ruled it as my fault and I had to pay $360 for repairs. KAV in MO received the drone 2 weeks ago and told me it would be done 2 days ago. Now it's another week.

The lesson learned... don't crash. You won't get it back for a long, long time.

EDIT: They're telling me now that it's going to be another week. So glad they took my money promptly only to delay delivery of service. Love to see an auto mechanic do this to them.

Last edited:
Long story short, I'll expound later.

Three separate RA's created in late February...nothing complicated. It took several emails and conversations with Steve Dunn (President of KAV) after they had charged my Credit Card without authorization while holding two of these RA's for a month...I only found out about it when reviewing my PayPal account. I received these two 7 weeks after I shipped it directly to KAV (both Q's and H's and probably everything else is outsourced to them now). I'm still waiting on my H (3rd RA) to arrive... case opened and shipped out on February 28th). From my conversations with Steve and other folks at KAV, it's obvious they weren't prepared to take on Yuneec's business (I'll spare the details pointing to this). My H was not deemed warranted despite the video and logs showing I did nothing wrong. I asked Steve for some kind of explanation and he promised to get back to me...never did despite another reminder on the 28th of April, letting him know this was the 2 month anniversary of this case. I just paid the invoice just to be done with this and done with Yuneec.

Steve at KAV had mentioned they are getting a hundred birds in daily. I've stayed with Yuneec because of the support but this Kavservice company is clearly not equipped to even look into any facts and explain why something (and my case was obvious) will not be warranted. They just deem it so and take 2 mos. to fix it.

I'm sorry to say but I'm done with Yuneec due to the lack of service capabilities provided by Kavservice. 3 Days worth of emails and phone conversation to get nothing but lip service is too much. Yuneec better find another partner quick or there's going to be a lot of folks like me selling all their Yuneec gear and purchasing DJI. Kavservice makes Drone Nerds look like Saints!

I'm sorry to say but I'm done with Yuneec due to the lack of service capabilities provided by Kavservice. 3 Days worth of emails and phone conversation to get nothing but lip service is too much. Yuneec better find another partner quick or there's going to be a lot of folks like me selling all their Yuneec gear and purchasing DJI. Kavservice makes Drone Nerds look like Saints!

I don't think it's a Yuneec issue, but rather an issue with KAV. They have a disclaimer on their invoices:
kav invoice text.png

According to this, they will start the repair upon payment. I paid 2 weeks ago and now I'm told to wait another week for them to work on it. This is KAV violating their own SLA.

Again, I don't think this is a Yuneec issue. I think it's a KAV issue. I think Yuneec should open up opportunity for more places to become certified. The more options we have, the faster we can get our drones back. The happier the customers.

Especially since waiting for my drone shaves a month off my warranty.

I don't think it's a Yuneec issue, but rather an issue with KAV. They have a disclaimer on their invoices:
View attachment 5941

According to this, they will start the repair upon payment. I paid 2 weeks ago and now I'm told to wait another week for them to work on it. This is KAV violating their own SLA.

Again, I don't think this is a Yuneec issue. I think it's a KAV issue. I think Yuneec should open up opportunity for more places to become certified. The more options we have, the faster we can get our drones back. The happier the customers.

I had a similar issue when I sent my drone to Drones Plus on a Yuneec RA but they didn't take any payment. In fact they had never even given me an estimate for repair costs. After several calls to Drones Plus and getting the run around during each call for over a month I call Yuneec to complain. The next day they informed that they would have Drones Plus sent the drone to their facilities in Ontario Ca. Two days later I received notification that they had received my gave me an estimate for the repairs. My drone was repaired and back in my hands within two weeks of Yuneec receiving my drone at their facility.

II am betting that the companies that are contracting with Yuneec are not prepared to handle the work.

I am betting that the companies that are contracting with Yuneec are not prepared to handle the work.

I agree on that assessment. But, I've also owned a Breeze. What ticks me off is that you have to get your drone registered before they'll support you. I ended up returning my Breeze as it wasn't recording. The alternative would've been waiting for support. (urgh)

Honestly, my next drone will probably be a Mavic. I want something small and portable (like the Breeze), but with better support.

Absolutely this is a KAV issue. Was I not completely clear on this? My whole post revolved around KAV's inabilities, and although I didn't mention specifically, continually getting in their own way...almost comically. Please let me know if I did not make myself clear on my post. The blame for all three of my cases goes to Kavservice.

As far as Yuneec goes, they're far from perfect but for a period last year, they were repairing the H's inhouse and did a pretty decent job in turning these around in 3 weeks.

In my opinion, the model is broke. You purchase from a dealer who has no accountability whatsoever after the transaction. The fate of a warranty issue is in the hands of 'It'....literally, I was told "It is agreed upon...". Nothing further no explanation. KAV's president promised clarification...never heard back from the dude. I did get a final invoice stating that I had 24 hours to pay or my bird would become KAV's property...I let Steve know there was zero chance of that happening...especially after illegally obtaining my credit card and charging it without any authorization. I found out when scanning through my CC bill and finding a charge from 'Kenneth A. Vision, Inc...it took me a while to find out who they were. I never talked to them no gave them my CC info. My guess is they got it from Yuneec but they weren't about to admit that and never got an answer.

It does not surprise me in the least that other folks in here are getting others' products shipped back to them. I don't think Yuneec did enough due diligence with this garage shop.

So I'll be selling my 3 Yuneec birds and will post here shortly. I'll probably go with DJI unless anyone can suggest better. Please no responses about their support!

View attachment 5941

No, I got that you said it was a KaV issue. The issue that I'm bringing up is that I bought a Breeze from Best Buy. It wouldn't record. When I contacted Yuneec, they didn't provided support for 3-4 days. The biggest issue for me was that there was no help on it, so I opted to return the Breeze to Best Buy.

As for KaV... yes, they aren't giving good service. Especially since they've been holding drones and continuously pushing back work dates.

I'm concerned that when I get my drone back that KaV won't have fixed everything that was stated as wrong with it. Despite the crash, the drone still flies. I just got replacement blades yesterday. The major issue is the camera.

Urgh...

N E Rate....

Here's to hoping.

Absolutely this is a KAV issue. Was I not completely clear on this? My whole post revolved around KAV's inabilities, and although I didn't mention specifically, continually getting in their own way...almost comically. Please let me know if I did not make myself clear on my post. The blame for all three of my cases goes to Kavservice.

As far as Yuneec goes, they're far from perfect but for a period last year, they were repairing the H's inhouse and did a pretty decent job in turning these around in 3 weeks.

In my opinion, the model is broke. You purchase from a dealer who has no accountability whatsoever after the transaction. The fate of a warranty issue is in the hands of 'It'....literally, I was told "It is agreed upon...". Nothing further no explanation. KAV's president promised clarification...never heard back from the dude. I did get a final invoice stating that I had 24 hours to pay or my bird would become KAV's property...I let Steve know there was zero chance of that happening...especially after illegally obtaining my credit card and charging it without any authorization. I found out when scanning through my CC bill and finding a charge from 'Kenneth A. Vision, Inc...it took me a while to find out who they were. I never talked to them no gave them my CC info. My guess is they got it from Yuneec but they weren't about to admit that and never got an answer.

It does not surprise me in the least that other folks in here are getting others' products shipped back to them. I don't think Yuneec did enough due diligence with this garage shop.

So I'll be selling my 3 Yuneec birds and will post here shortly. I'll probably go with DJI unless anyone can suggest better. Please no responses about their support!

Yeah even there internal communications is messed up. They use a couple of different domains, the second I think is with the Kenneth A Service company...btw, there is no Kenneth. If you need to escalate, bypass whoever they try to toss you to and ask for Steve Dunn.

No, I got that you said it was a KaV issue. The issue that I'm bringing up is that I bought a Breeze from Best Buy. It wouldn't record. When I contacted Yuneec, they didn't provided support for 3-4 days. The biggest issue for me was that there was no help on it, so I opted to return the Breeze to Best Buy.

As for KaV... yes, they aren't giving good service. Especially since they've been holding drones and continuously pushing back work dates.

I'm concerned that when I get my drone back that KaV won't have fixed everything that was stated as wrong with it. Despite the crash, the drone still flies. I just got replacement blades yesterday. The major issue is the camera.

Urgh...

N E Rate....

Here's to hoping.

So, I'm now told that I'm 3rd in line after calling weekly. KAV is estimating my drone will be repaired either today or tomorrow. It won't be sent back to me until either Friday or Monday.

If you're drone is being repaired by KAV, I'd recommend checking in when they give you a date. Especially as they've pushed my repairs back multiple times.

So, I'm now told that I'm 3rd in line after calling weekly. KAV is estimating my drone will be repaired either today or tomorrow. It won't be sent back to me until either Friday or Monday.

If you're drone is being repaired by KAV, I'd recommend checking in when they give you a date. Especially as they've pushed my repairs back multiple times.
As of Friday, apparently I'm 8th in line. My H has been at Ken-A-Vision / Kavservice since April and I only get updates when I request them.

As of Friday, apparently I'm 8th in line. My H has been at Ken-A-Vision / Kavservice since April and I only get updates when I request them.
If you're 8th in line, and I was 3rd in line, how large is KAV? It sounds to me like they're a shack in the woods with a couple of employees.

Either way, I'll be calling them later today for an update.

So, now my drone is repaired, but the camera hasn't been touched. That's going to take another day. Then there's the test flight.

So.... .... Possibly this weekend? That'll be almost 5 weeks. I see where these long wait times are coming from.

Getting sick of this. Last I spoke with KAV, they offered to expedite the shipping of my drone. Now they're saying I'll have to pay to have it expedited. 5 weeks in the shop.

Yuneec really needs to go with another company for repair.

Getting sick of this. Last I spoke with KAV, they offered to expedite the shipping of my drone. Now they're saying I'll have to pay to have it expedited. 5 weeks in the shop.

Yuneec really needs to go with another company for repair.

I would call Yuneec customer support and complain. they may make this issue right. As I stated I had a similar issue and the took action and expedited my repairs and shipping at no extra cost to me.

After a very factual but displeased letter to KAV, they overnighted it to me. I just have to pick it up at the FedEx office.

I think I will let Yuneec know about my experience with KAV. Yuneec really needs more flexibility with repair than a couple shops here and there.

Just got it back. It's working, but KAV put the wrong phone number on the FedEx shipping label. Someone else tried to pick it up.

URGH!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33