Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Skyview Goggles

Ordered mine from Aces deals also but not until Tuesday. I was wondering why I didn't get any shipping information. So I won't see my goggles for another week. That stinks! I wish he would have notified me there would be a week delay. If anyone else had them in stock I'd buy somewhere else.
It has been posted on his web site in big red letters for awhile that he will be away from August 8 through the 16.

Call yuneec, I'm guessing the video link has a problem not your goggles. There is lag but it's about a 1/2 second not 4 seconds. I was filming some beach volleyball using goggles and I'd hear the hit then see it via goggles.

It has been posted on his web site in big red letters for awhile that he will be away from August 8 through the 16.

I clicked on the link from google directly to his page on the product I needed. I went through the entire purchase process and there was never a note about being closed. If I had just started on his home page I'm sure I would have seen the note if it's that large. I'll live, it's just a toy. I just think customers should be notified at purchase. Not too much to ask.

Reactions: Brent
So I've been using the SkyView Goggles for a few days now and they are really nice. A few things worth pointing out. First off, you may want a longer HDMI cable than what comes in the box. The cable is a standard HDMI cable to a micro HDMI cable. Second thing is that you'll want to put some padding on the part of the headset that rests just above your nose as the plastic there is really hard and can easily irritate your nose. Other than that, we really love them. I've tried them on the XBOX as well as with my cable TV tuner, and, of course with the ST16 and my H. I also used it with the H920 ST24 and with the DJI Phantoms. I think Yuneec has created a really nice affordable FPV headset. Another thing worth pointing out is that you'll want to sit down when using them as they can mess up your reality. They are in stock at Terrestrial Imaging for immediate shipping.

Just in case your wondering, they are not virtual reality goggles in that when you turn your head left and right or up and down it does not interact with the camera on your drone. I think the Skyview is the prefect solution for team mode. The camera operator can sit and use the SkyView headset and take pictures without worrying about the sun reflecting off of the controller.

Thats all for now.

So I've been using the SkyView Goggles for a few days now and they are really nice. A few things worth pointing out. First off, you may want a longer HDMI cable than what comes in the box. The cable is a standard HDMI cable to a micro HDMI cable. Second thing is that you'll want to put some padding on the part of the headset that rests just above your nose as the plastic there is really hard and can easily irritate your nose. Other than that, we really love them. I've tried them on the XBOX as well as with my cable TV tuner, and, of course with the ST16 and my H. I also used it with the H920 ST24 and with the DJI Phantoms. I think Yuneec has created a really nice affordable FPV headset. Another thing worth pointing out is that you'll want to sit down when using them as they can mess up your reality. They are in stock at Terrestrial Imaging for immediate shipping.

Just in case your wondering, they are not virtual reality goggles in that when you turn your head left and right or up and down it does not interact with the camera on your drone. I think the Skyview is the prefect solution for team mode. The camera operator can sit and use the SkyView headset and take pictures without worrying about the sun reflecting off of the controller.

Thats all for now.
Well, you are the second person that says the goggles work great. I tried them again today, after talking yesterday with Yuneec.
This time I hooked the goggles up to the ST16 first and then turned it on then the goggles. Took off and hovered about 15ft,
then put the goggles on great view. Moved forward slow then still great view I have the camera forward view, well tried
to make a turn and nothing happened, so tried again, then it moved way around past where I wanted to be.
I turned back some with no response until about 4 or 5 seconds. That's when I realized the delay was way off, and
not 1/2 or even 1 sec like others say. Took the goggles off and moved the sticks and they work the way it should but
if you look in the goggles it takes a long time to show up, This can't be safe at all.
Also something else, when I landed the screen says 51 feet so that is way off too. I tried calling Yuneec back two times
today and they said I would get a call back in a while about my case number. That never happened, called back 3 hrs later
and was told the same thing, well I am still waiting. It's 11:15pm now. guess I will try tomorrow. I am Pissed.

Disconnected the Goggles and few another battery and everything works great just like it always does. Latency is way off.
and altitude reading with goggles

Just remembered something else I noticed, I start recording and after about 1min 30 seconds it stops recording Did this two
times in a row, without goggles goes back to normal recording, You tell me...

If you can can you connect to a HDMI tv in the back yard and check the connector ing the ST16 . Or it could be the cable.

Just remembered something else I noticed, I start recording and after about 1min 30 seconds it stops recording Did this two
times in a row, without goggles goes back to normal recording, You tell me...
Mine has problem maintaining recording as well plus I get lots of dead files when I exceed 5 min.

Mine has problem maintaining recording as well plus I get lots of dead files when I exceed 5 min.
I have the same problem with dead files and I turn off the video recording before I stop the H.
Do you have this problem when the goggles are connected to the ST16 and do you get long latency when you have them on.
In other words is your video feed through the goggles look good or choppy.

I have a case going on with Yuneec right now and I have to call them back tomorrow morning to try to clear
this matter up. Don't know if the goggles or the ST is bad. I will post my finding when I has a solution.

Reactions: Brent
My h will start a new file after 5 minutes regardless of file size. Files play back fine in media player but my editor (Sunny Vegas Pro 13) on 2 different machines locks up and only plays back part of file. CS has no clue. I have fast card formatted in camera. 4k files work edit fine but 1080 60fps I can't edit. Filmed friends daughter's wedding and first 3 files were fine but next 4 and every one since then won't edit. Keep us posted if your results.
I have a case going on with Yuneec right now and I have to call them back tomorrow morning to try to clear
this matter up. Don't know if the goggles or the ST is bad. I will post my finding when I has a solution.

I don't have the goggles. Thinking I will try a different SD card. I formatted to FAT32 so that I can play back on the St 16 but may also try a different format.

Ok, talked again today with Yuneec, this time they want me to send the ST16 back and they will send me a new one.
After all the talking to 4 different people in CS they determined the problem with the latency in the goggles
is a bad St16. So I already printed a UPS label they emailed me to send it back in the morning.
I asked when the realsense module would be ready for the rest of us, and was told they don't know yet.
So since they were sending me a new ST16 I said why don't you send me the one with the three antennas because I was
going to buy realsense when it comes out.
That didn't work, I was told it wouldn't work with mine, only the Hpro. OK then CS said when you buy the realsense
module, you get everything with it to make it work.
So that's my story and I guess I will stick to it. Hope everyone else has better luck with there goggles.

Update:
I sent my ST16 back to Yuneec Monday and after confirming with tracking UPS that I did indeed sent it back
they said they would ship a new one to me the same day. So I hope I will receive it soon and then try the goggles out and see if
it works like everyone says it does. I will put a report on here when I test the goggles out. Stand-by

Just completed my first FPV flights with the H and new Skyview Goggles and I am hooked! Wow, I am very impressed with the quality and value. I didn't know you could see all the telemetry just like looking at the ST16. So easy to use, just hook up, turn on go. I have virtually no lag on my H, never have. I did have a few quick instances of the screen kind of bleeding, not sure what that was, but it was only a few seconds of the entire flight. For the money, I don't think you can beat the Skyviews. Oh, and a big shoutout to Peter at Aces Deals for taking care of me on this order. Great place to do business with.

Reactions: Milt
Just completed my first FPV flights with the H and new Skyview Goggles and I am hooked! Wow, I am very impressed with the quality and value. I didn't know you could see all the telemetry just like looking at the ST16. So easy to use, just hook up, turn on go. I have virtually no lag on my H, never have. I did have a few quick instances of the screen kind of bleeding, not sure what that was, but it was only a few seconds of the entire flight. For the money, I don't think you can beat the Skyviews. Oh, and a big shoutout to Peter at Aces Deals for taking care of me on this order. Great place to do business with.
Glad they worked for you. I just received my new ST16 today, my goggles haven't worked right since I got them.
Tried everything Yuneec told me to do and that didn't work. They determined the ST was bad, so I sent it back on Monday and just got the new
one today 2day air UPS. So now I am going to try them out later today as it is so hot here I will wait till cooler afternoon temps.
Will keep everyone updated later on how it worked. 4 to 5 sec lag time was just too much.

Reactions: abinder and JohnL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88chh