Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow you just opened up a whole can or worms

I hope you are not talking about me. I am not a Yuneec defender on a white horse, lol (maybe a red Mustang). Yuneec has not given me anything...well, they did say they liked a video I made. vr-pilot had made an excellent point and i decided to spout off a bit. Luck is usually earned, except at Vegas.

I hate to admit it, as I have been one of the biggest cheerleaders for the Typhoon H, but I am starting to feel the same way DC does. I bought one of the first batches in June. I just had to send my machine in a second time and out of the three months I've owned it I will have been without it for over half of that time. I am really just about over the H. I can't decide what to replace it with though. I guess the Phantom 4 is the only real option out there right now as I need something very dependable with a good camera with very good range.

Reactions: Brian Mackey
Makes me wonder why one company seems to get all the good parts and labor putting their stuff together while other companies in the same general area don't or can't. Almost makes me think some competing manufacturers need to clean their houses by closely vetting their labor force. That virtually the same release issues that impacted the Solo were experienced by the H cannot be happenstance. Firmware upgrades don't take much to screw up, especially if the wrong people wrote parts of it.

Conspiracy? Yea, but we've seen one company stoop to some pretty low levels to stay on top.

I've been happy with my H Pro so far, and no issues like the others have been reporting. I have the latest firmware and was getting compass calibration messages after the last latest update which were more of a nuisance since I had to wait for the message to go away before I could quick tap the menus to get to the compass calibration but after that its been fine. Since my experience with my Cheerson CX20 I'm very methodical with my pre-startup especially with GPS locking and fix. The CX20 takes a long time to get a good GPS Lock and Fix especially without GLONASS. Having Read a lot about GPS, I know the recommended wait time is 12.5 minutes to get a full almanac download especially if the drone has been off for a few days. That said, I typically only wait 5-10 minutes. Guess I've been lucky. Haven't had to deal at all with Yuneec yet.

Reactions: HeliMoto/AeroworX
Makes me wonder why one company seems to get all the good parts and labor putting their stuff together while other companies in the same general area don't or can't. Almost makes me think some competing manufacturers need to clean their houses by closely vetting their labor force. That virtually the same release issues that impacted the Solo were experienced by the H cannot be happenstance. Firmware upgrades don't take much to screw up, especially if the wrong people wrote parts of it.

Conspiracy? Yea, but we've seen one company stoop to some pretty low levels to stay on top.
Not at all impossible...
I wonder if all these fly aways are on a home course for one particular manufacture's factory.

Well DC, I'm sorry to see you're bailing out. Most of us make decisions predicated on our own personal experiences with these birds. I guess I've been lucky with all three of my H's...I've had some QC issues but I'm still pleased I've bought them and I've enjoyed the platform and how it's improved in just a few months. I've experienced a receptive customer support staff and for now using it professionally has been quite gratifying. I think their design approach is superior to just about everyone else, their implementation is somewhat spotty as evidenced by the experience of DC and others. Given the quantum leaps in features by the major manufacturers and the developmental nature of this burgeoning industry I've come to except the hiccups quite honestly because there is no alternative for gathering meaningful photography and video at such a low cost. I feel fortunate to be able to use these devices to create content which educates and informs the viewer in unique or should I say Yuneec ways. I'm always sorry to read about others who haven't been as fortunate or for whatever reason need to abandon this platform and I rarely question why since I too have abandoned a couple of other UAV brands. With slight modifications and with the hope they can improve the camera I've personally been quite satisfied. Calm winds to all. I've got latest firmware on all three and I always compass calibrate before every flight that day. The other calibrations are also done at least once a week.

Last edited:
To me it is a P3 4K with just 500 meters range. I like the orange color though in case you will have to SAR it from snow :)
I don't want to stay on quad-zero-redundancy, screwing propellers, plastic shell and non-modular-camera. It might be a great bird but I really prefer my YTH (as long as it does what I say and until now it did so (knocking on wood!)).
your referring to he wifi...yes similar to the P34k The premium is another beast when it comes to distance. The premium has by far the best camera out there for non professionals. (hobbyists)

When dronclone gets mad I start to worry...........flying tomorrow keeping my fingers crossed.

My H since 8 June , even have the latest firmware so far so good

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rayray
Mine has been close to perfect. I have flown DIY for a few years, as my perspective.

Major issues:
1) Bored at night. No need to tune flight controller or gimbal. Don't need to work on 5.8ghz video feed experiments.
2) I can actually see where I am flying with the HDMI feed into my FPV. This takes away from the enjoyment of watching the video back at the house and exclaiming "I really did not see that naked girl". Just kidding, but there was so much I did not see using the traditional 5.8 FPV.
3) Wind is of no concern. This takes away my excuse for not flying in "Oh, it was too windy". I am almost giddy now trying to find too much wind.
4) I really can fly every weekend. This has highlighted a weakness in my ability to plan photo trips each week; previously I did not have to as the bird was not dependable.

The H has been: Perfect? No. As dependable as a Leica or Nikon? No. Best photo drone I have flown? Yes. Actually best drone period.

It has been a depressing weekend to read of ardent H users experiencing familiar incidents.
I contacted Yuneec UK last week about concerns over reliability of recent upgrades. I do regret updating from what was for me a reliable system just to get features that I wanted to try out. Yuneec gave the go ahead to use the new upgrades as they are happy with it.
I have not properly flown yet other than backyard calibrations of all required sequences. Frankly I am not looking forward to flying at the moment. The joy of almost daily flights a few weeks ago are at the moment marred with the thought of what is possibly to come.
I have used my H on a number of successful projects to date and so it owes me nothing but I do hope Yuneec UK's confidence in the EU H will be confirmed on the next suitable flying day.

Reactions: JohnL
It has been a depressing weekend to read of ardent H users experiencing familiar incidents.
I contacted Yuneec UK last week about concerns over reliability of recent upgrades. I do regret updating from what was for me a reliable system just to get features that I wanted to try out. Yuneec gave the go ahead to use the new upgrades as they are happy with it.
I have not properly flown yet other than backyard calibrations of all required sequences. Frankly I am not looking forward to flying at the moment. The joy of almost daily flights a few weeks ago are at the moment marred with the thought of what is possibly to come.
I have used my H on a number of successful projects to date and so it owes me nothing but I do hope Yuneec UK's confidence in the EU H will be confirmed on the next suitable flying day.

JC,

I did the initial 9/3 upgrade and flew on 9/5. I did have the compass / calibration issues. I thought it was me at the beach, fog, early morning. Took me 45 minutes to calibrate so I would not get the 'Compass error' when taking off. I lost the morning light and tide; big wave came in while I was getting out and took my chair and pop-tent out to sea. In between the successful calibration and big wave I flew out 1500' over the ocean with no issues.

The next weekend I did the newer update and flew last week-end from a cliff over looking the sea with a perfect flight except for one issue:

With the landing gear up, the H does not descend down as it did prior to the 9/3 update. It seems I need to put the gear down to descend below my hi-point of the flight. I will call Yuneec on Monday for that issue.

Windluv, thanks for the mainly positive feedback on the upgrades. Along with Mickeyboos overall experience I will be willing my H to come up with the goods. The material I have gathered using the combination of various angles of flight along with careful use of the 360 gimbal movement has delighted my clients and fully justified the cost of the H. I am lucky in having a good camera. I just need to get my confidence in the H back to pre update levels.

I've installed both September updates and have not calibrated IMU or compass since and it seems to be flying fine. I'm going with warnings back near the launch that calibration is not required in the same way as the DJI products.

In terms of patience with Yuneec it's not one thing for me. The Typhoon H flies OK, nice and stable, but the camera is poor, application on the controller is poor and I am still waiting for their backpack and cannot understand why a company like Yuneec cannot find a bag manufacturer to make them. Its a good product and will keep using it but right now I regret the purchase.

Hoping they pull it together soon!

Sorry for those who are having problems. Mine continues to fly fine after the updates.

Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!

Your comments are very concerning. Why? Because for those of us who are flying commercially or intending to per Part 107 or the old 333, we cannot rely on this aircraft for safety if these issues are true. I am personally not willing to risk my certification and professional reputation on "maybe-ism". I learned my first lesson on the July 13th upgrade. Luckily, issues with obstacle avoidance were not the Drone but with a new feature Yuneec released that to me -- was not announced as part of the upgrade and not even known by Customer Service reps I spoke to. I have not upgraded to the two most recent versions and will not until I am confident that such issues -- as being posted here -- are addressed.

I am sure Yuneec is monitoring this vlog and hope Yuneec fully understands the ramifications of one of their units causing an FAA incident due to faulty equipment or firmware -- as the FAA does require Drones to be maintained to latest mfg firmware / software upgrades and requires incident reporting.

Other than camera focus issue, I think the H is an excellent platform. It would be quite the shame for it to be under FAA licensing or Insurance company inquiry for such things as GPS or Compass malfunction caused crashes for which require reporting to the FAA within 10 days of incident if causing more than $500 damage or serious injury. The PIC is absolutely the one who has to determine aircraft safety before flight. However, if an undetected glitch in preflight ops checks causes serious injury or damage -- I'm sure the FAA will become quite interested.

I think it's prudent for any professional flyer's to err on the side of caution if for any reason the H is "suspect". Test. test, test, test! Don't take ANY chances.

Again, my unit is fine -- without upgrades -- and will continue to test frequently before using in a commercial operation of any kind.

Unfortunately a good call Drone Clone not to fly, but will have to comment that most Drones are being made in China -- it's not the country, it's the old production vs quality issue that has plagued industry for hundreds of years.

*Cough* last time I checked Germany was in Europe ;-)

Sounds like a nightmare. Fortunately, mine is working well on the latest firmware but I do admit I doubt I will purchase another Yuneec product for a while, I'm enjoying the H immensely but the cons outweigh the pros.

What are you looking at next?
A sUAS made in Germany, or maybe Europe ! "cough" ! LOL !;)

Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
Bloody **** clone that does not sound good and i am worried about taking mine out know i have read this as i am getting error 32 since the last update. I will be calling CS tomorrow as it was all good till the update . Hope you get it sorted out .
Miss H x

My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!,

Doesn't sound right. Surely the flight logs should be able to highlight what went wrong? Did you send them the logs from that flight?

I've been extremely happy with my H after many flights, however, I am also running the last stable firmware and have not updated from the last two releases.

Reactions: Steak frites
I am not abandoning my H, but I definitely will not be buying another one, nor spending time and money on RS addition to add onto a platform that already has several safety issue!.
I strongly believe that all my issues are firmware upgrade issues which are also preventing the completion of accurate and successful calibrations, even though the light sequences and tones are stating that I have done so!.
My H flew like a dream before the 9/1/16 upgrade and I hoped the 9/13/16 would correct my issues, but in fact they have made the worse!.
Besides the distance issue of lost telemetry, I am getting now " Motor Error, 5 motor sequence, please land immediately" Yet all motors and blades are fine, intact and working! The first time it crashed I almost took out a clients school I was filming, If not for quick thinking, and performing a mid air motor stop I would have!.
Yesterdays fiasco did the same in it's desire to hightail it back to China ! This time, I had enough time and distance to flip off GPS and manually land her, but that was a fight to do also.
All I am stating is, I cannot trust this platform to safely and effectively do my work! And it is going to take a **** of a lot of convincing to gain my trust back! Till then, to avoid taking out all my clients properties and body parts, it's nothing but a toy I can fly out of battery drainage range of any buildings or people! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430