Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
Like DC, I've had a solid machine in my H, good camera, and every update just made it better...until the 9/13 update. Even at that point, my first flight on that update was solid with a 17 minute perfect ccc mission. After I landed, cooled down, locked in a new pack, I rose to a 40' hover for over a minute when catastrophe struck!

I was no more than 8' away in my own backyard where I've logged hours of flight time. I had just looked down at my screen to check battery...15.0V, when all motors cut off instantly and my H dropped straight down like a brick! Naturally, major craft damage and the camera and gimbal a loss.

All my logs and bird are in Ontario awaiting decision, but after this (my only crash) and reading of similar crashes, I have no idea how I will trust my H once I do get it back. But, I'll have to find a way to struggle through Yuneec's growing pains with the hope they'll both make it right... and get it right.

Reactions: Rayray
Like DC, I've had a solid machine in my H, good camera, and every update just made it better...until the 9/13 update. Even at that point, my first flight on that update was solid with a 17 minute perfect ccc mission. After I landed, cooled down, locked in a new pack, I rose to a 40' hover for over a minute when catastrophe struck!

I was no more than 8' away in my own backyard where I've logged hours of flight time. I had just looked down at my screen to check battery...15.0V, when all motors cut off instantly and my H dropped straight down like a brick! Naturally, major craft damage and the camera and gimbal a loss.

All my logs and bird are in Ontario awaiting decision, but after this (my only crash) and reading of similar crashes, I have no idea how I will trust my H once I do get it back. But, I'll have to find a way to struggle through Yuneec's growing pains with the hope they'll both make it right... and get it right.
Sorry for your loss. I saw one photo someone made of the inside or their H after a similar issue (it lost power and dropped) which showed the red power connector separated from the solder joint. I'm wondering of Yuneec is having a problem with some cold or bad solder joints on the power cables or are they possibly heating up enough to melt the solder. Either way, I'm beginning to question the design of the attach points for the main power cables, at least in those instances where the battery has been firmly clicked in place. If it is solder melting, maybe they should have used silver solder? Just speculating at this point. I'm really tempted now to open mine up and check.

Greg

Reactions: Brian Mackey

I am sad to hear your experience. No questions, you said it all. I applaud you for doing the right thing and hoping for the best, not flying childishly off the handle and ranting. With your good attitude you will ultimately come out ahead. Keep on it, and keep a record of everything.

Reactions: Tuulos
Well... Hoping for TH Pro to get better... but its been outpace by incoming new drones... so Bye TH Pro... I am now leaning to Mavic to be my 2nd drone !

I am also erasing my bookmark here. Goodluck to my fellow droners here ! Fly safe !

Reactions: DroneClone
Well... Hoping for TH Pro to get better... but its been outpace by incoming new drones... so Bye TH Pro... I am now leaning to Mavic to be my 2nd drone !

I pray that you will like it. Hope you won't object to others having their own opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, what I've posted here about waiting for GPS is what I posted at the RCGroups Typhoon H vs Phantom 4 forum. I was completely brand agnostic just hoping to help others when I was pounced on by a user named craigiri, and shortly after by someone from DJI support touting GPS redundancy and the reduction of fly aways etc. Sort of creeped me out. Made me feel like I was at an Amway sales meeting or some other cult. Wondering what the H--- I stepped into. The onslaught was profound and unwarranted. Depending on how it goes with my H Pro I was actually considering buying something from DJI but I'm not so sure now. I won't tell anyone here what to buy but even with the issues others are having with Yuneec which I'm sure can be worked through. Does DJI support respond as fast as I was pounced on? Hate to think what would have happened if they knew I was an H Pro owner... If my H Pro doesn't work out, I think I'd go back to building my own from scratch.

Greg

Well, what I've posted here about waiting for GPS is what I posted at the RCGroups Typhoon H vs Phantom 4 forum. I was completely brand agnostic just hoping to help others when I was pounced on by a user named craigiri, and shortly after by someone from DJI support touting GPS redundancy and the reduction of fly aways etc. Sort of creeped me out. Made me feel like I was at an Amway sales meeting or some other cult. Wondering what the H--- I stepped into. The onslaught was profound and unwarranted. Depending on how it goes with my H Pro I was actually considering buying something from DJI but I'm not so sure now. I won't tell anyone here what to buy but even with the issues others are having with Yuneec which I'm sure can be worked through. Does DJI support respond as fast as I was pounced on? Hate to think what would have happened if they knew I was an H Pro owner... If my H Pro doesn't work out, I think I'd go back to building my own from scratch.

Greg

RCG basically has hired guns over there to keep DJI on top. There are paid and unpaid DJI guys over there with a mission goal, guys like you are fresh meat for them.

Don't worry though I've ruffled there feathers a few times, it's great sport. Craigiri is not a bad sort but worships the ground Frank Wang walks on. Craigiri has had moments of objectively so I have hopes for him unlike a couple others over there.

Best sport it to tell them they're wrong than have them go and try and prove your wrong only to look like arses then back peddle and grovel.

So don't take it to hard you were ambushed.

That's exactly what happen to mine, but i'm pissed because Yuneec Europe said that the "H" fall because of magnetic fields. And then said to me that the drone was 100% ok. I use it professionally, i can't have a drone that had all the motors instantly cut off and at Yuneec Europe Assistance, they say that all is ok. I should at least have an apologies and a new drone.

By now we all know that is not only a small problem, it is reporting by several buyers. Just admit the fail, we will have more faith in you.

Mine just flies and flies. Sorry DC and others for your issues.

That said, I'm building a VTOL for something different.

no manufacturer is immune from failures (look how many P4s were returned to apple stores after initial release), these are incredibly complicated machines and the people on here tend to reflect the small minority (well you are) who come on and tell us about their problems, whilst there are many many more who are out there flying perfectly well with no issues, and those we tend not to hear about on these forums

this product has been a huge learning curve for Yuneec to have such a mass market appeal platform like the H, and how many years has it taken DJI to get customer service anywhere near where it is today ???

we are all beta testers when we buy these things, and if that doesn't appeal to you then simply find something else to do because there is no such thing as a perfect drone....sorry guys !

Reactions: Rayray
Oh no, another firmware update issue again. The Typhoon H is fun to fly but mine has been loaded with problems. No camera binding half the time. Seems to be getting worst every time I try to fly it. The firmware updates certainly don't help.

That's exactly what happen to mine, but i'm pissed because Yuneec Europe said that the "H" fall because of magnetic fields. And then said to me that the drone was 100% ok. I use it professionally, i can't have a drone that had all the motors instantly cut off and at Yuneec Europe Assistance, they say that all is ok. I should at least have an apologies and a new drone.

By now we all know that is not only a small problem, it is reporting by several buyers. Just admit the fail, we will have more faith in you.

Magnetic fields can be anything. Sort of like saying that the weather is is causing an airplane delay. Hearing this makes me cautious of flying my Typhoon H. Don't want to get into a situation of relying just on Yuneec's Customer Service.

When ever I get a job I make sure that nobody but me and my spotter are on the property. I also make sure that the neighbors are aware of the location shoot.

As far as your MOTOR ERROR, 5 .........? I would defiantly demand an exchange perhaps you have a LEMON..........Does the LEMON law apply to drones ?..............YUNEEC should just replace your TH with the TH PRO for all the inconvenience that have caused you and your business. Come on YUNEEC step up and take care of or friend DC.......
As Bono once sang, she's got lemon. Sounds like a warranty issue with your Typhoon H. I would definitely demand a new Typhoon H or go elsewhere.
Rayray, i know that the other company also sucks, probably worse. I don't like DJI. i think that the P3/4 seems like a toy, not like a professional drone. but in 18 moths of having a P3, i have no problem even know that they have a lot of them. My point is, why yuneec is letting go a good opportunity to cause a good first impression?
For me, if they only said; ok, its our bad... sorry we will get you another asp. I'll not be happy but i 'll understand and think to my self that Yuneec is worth it.
Now, they have a problem that we all know that is bigger than we thought, and try take me for a fool... that's what i can't take from them.

As Bono once sang, she's got lemon. Sounds like a warranty issue with your Typhoon H. I would definitely demand a new Typhoon H or go elsewhere.

Try that... they ask me 800€ for the new "H" and camera.. and... they keep mine that they said that was 100% ok

Magnetic fields can be anything. Sort of like saying that the weather is is causing an airplane delay. .

I know that, that's why i'm so mad with them. They think that are talking to someone who just bought the first drone.

At least they could trying to convince that it was because of a UFO that was passing by....

Reactions: Brian Mackey
no manufacturer is immune from failures (look how many P4s were returned to apple stores after initial release), these are incredibly complicated machines and the people on here tend to reflect the small minority (well you are) who come on and tell us about their problems, whilst there are many many more who are out there flying perfectly well with no issues, and those we tend not to hear about on these forums

this product has been a huge learning curve for Yuneec to have such a mass market appeal platform like the H, and how many years has it taken DJI to get customer service anywhere near where it is today ???

we are all beta testers when we buy these things, and if that doesn't appeal to you then simply find something else to do because there is no such thing as a perfect drone....sorry guys !

I don´t mind be a beta tester, what i do mind is be a beta tester that as to pay for their learning curve and pay for the damages. My problem is not with the "H" itself, my problem is with the assistance (european).

Sorry to hear DC, that's really annoying. Pisses me off for you!

Yuneec has seamed to grow too fast, with growth comes responcibility, sadly responcibility takes a place behind all other aspects of business everywhere lately. Outsource whatever to the lowest bidder and except what you get with hopes that it will be fine has become a normal practice.
Long gone are the days of quality made and backed products, we live in a "make it cheep, sell it high, disposable scocity" in short disposable.
Not so long ago Yuneec hit the market with a (anyone can fly it idea) that was great but it came with a high price tag. $1200+ to be exact, my drone began to have issues early on. Yuneec has had my drone as many times as I have flow it seams like, yet I've remained faithful. Three months ago next week, I sent mine in again for repairs, I'm talking everything including a 64GB card to assist in techs understanding better their mistake. After losing my drone they finally sent me an upgraded 4K Typoon, less a battery, less a case, less charging cables, less a neck strap and so on. I've been fighting for at least a battery which is due to arrive tomarrow. However when I got the receipt for the 4K from Yuneec it said $799, the battery receipt says $120. Now if you shop on Amazon for $799 you get the drone, 3 batteries, a 64GB card, a case, three sets of props, a steady grip and a bunch of other stuff. As a customer without a drone for 3 months I could not even get a sun shield. Remember I'm the dude out $1200+. I know they are a business, however as a business they must learn that a customer, happy or unhappy can make or break the loyalty base of said company. IMPO it's sad that you can not find someone who is willing and respectful to stand behind their product without making you as the consumer feeling as if they are doing you a favor or making you fight for restitution.
That's my rant, just for the record, my best friend was very interested in purchasing Yuneec products for a major electric utility in my state. I have had to tell him to really read postings from this sight, because the last three tests we did with my drone did not end up well. Now that's sad.

Reactions: Miguel Angelo
[QUOTE="
That's my rant, just for the record, my best friend was very interested in purchasing Yuneec products for a major electric utility in my state. I have had to tell him to really read postings from this sight, because the last three tests we did with my drone did not end up well. Now that's sad.[/QUOTE]

Frodoe, I'm really pissed with the Yuneec Europe assistance, but nor the Typhoon, nor the Phantom classe drone are good for electric inspections. They aren't that kind of drones, you wiil be desapointed, and it is not really their fault. For that kind of jobs, try the Falcon 8 from Ascending that´s what we use, or others from their class. They are very, very good, but came whit a price tag according to that.

That's my rant, just for the record, my best friend was very interested in purchasing Yuneec products for a major electric utility in my state. I have had to tell him to really read postings from this sight, because the last three tests we did with my drone did not end up well. Now that's sad.

Very sad post, but rant looks correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop