Welcome to YuneecPilots.com!

?
  1. Make them come down automatically if you get too close

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Make the S16 Ground Station vibrate and/or have an audible alarm warning you

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  3. Both

20 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. Omar Dairky

People wanted to know, "Do the landing gears on the H come down automatically if you forget and are too close to the ground?" We wanted to find out and this is what the answer is:

For all your drone needs: www.AcesDeals.biz or 888.239.2644

2. yuneec53

It has been stated on this forum by Yuneec themselves. Click the RTH switch and the gear will come down automatically before the Typhoon lands.

3. humboldt 707

That's news,thanx for the info.definatly gonna research that,I'm amazed I missed it.

4. BobW55

BobW55 Moderator
    Staff Member

I think in RTH mode, either selected by the pilot, or due to low battery/ electrical problem detected on the H that the gear should auto deploy. May be an added feature that the H will not come lower than X feet to the ground if the gear is NOT lowered when in any other mode.

In your video, I am assuming that you were Angle Mode.
    We need to see a test in RTH mode.

#4 BobW55, May 19, 2016
    Last edited: May 19, 2016
  5. HarveyC

I expect some instances in which I will want to fly at low level of 3-4' with landing gear up and doing video (my fruit orchard). I would not want the controller vibrating the entire time I was doing so, that would be very distracting. In my 10 flights or so I never had a problem remembering to lower the landing gear but did forget to raise it a few times until I saw them in my camera. Since landing is already a slow deliberate act the pilot would normally be watching for touchdown anyways so I don't really see a problem here.

horizontal and Pharkas like this.
  6. Pharkas

I agree, I would like to have the option of low altitude flight without the gear down. There should be maybe a warning on screen that you can ignore

horizontal and HarveyC like this.
  7. Omar Dairky

You are right I was in angle...will test RTH this weekend! look for the update and subscribe to my channel on youtube idroneudrone

8. Omar Dairky

At least the option to turn on/off warnings....kind of like in windows when it asks you yes or no upon opening a program you can turn that off in the user control section of the controlpanel.

9. Rclegion

Sadly today I broke the landing gear on one side of my Typhoon H . Now one of the legs moves freely and no longer will go up or down with the controller . Is there a store in canada online where I can order another landing gear (was only one side) , right now my drone is grounded till I can get the landing gear fixed .

Thanks

10. Yuneec_Usa

You may order from Yuneec 1-844-898-6332

YUNTHH109 - Retract module (1pc)
    YUNTHY110 - Landing gear assembly (1pc)

Suncoast likes this.
  11. Rclegion

Is there a number to call for canada ? or do I have to order from the US support. Thanks

12. Yuneec_Usa

Order from US facility. Were open till 5pm PST.

13. Dragonflyerthom

I want to know how the landing gear broke. Please do tell so I don't do it myself.

14. Air Pauly

trouble is if you want to some ground skimming shots you dont want the landing gear coming down because the IPS has detected the ground, i would much rather just have the ST16 warn me

15. Rclegion

Was flying it in a big gym showing a group of people the drone , was coming down for a landing when all of a sudden lost link to the controller then it landed hard breaking the landing gear , when it hit hard it was off balance and flew itself along the floor till it hit a wall breaking 3 blades .

Called Yuneec support and there sending the parts to repair it along with 6 blades for $99/us (I live in canada)

16. Yuneec_Usa

Did you disable GPS well flying in gym?

17. Rclegion

Yes gps was disabled , I believe it was interference from all the wifi being used cause the lost comunication to the controller . Telemetry shows the loss communication to the drone but does not give me a reason .

18. Yuneec_Usa

Very odd. I have never had any issues flying indoors at trade shows overloaded with wifi. Email over telemetry if you like. tterrones@yuneecusa.com

HarveyC and Old Jar Head like this.
  19. Rclegion

Thanks for the offer and I will send it too you to have a look at it I am sure you can read it a lot better then we can .

20. CAPTAINDRONE

That must of been an interesting show for the spectators (especially those who caught it on video). Must have been too much interference in the gym which caused the disconnect with the controller, especially if you are not facing the drone with RC (i.e. turned your back on it ).