Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Convert Typhoon H to PixHawk 6C Flight Controller

Thanks for the info. We're you able to test the SR24 on the DSM port, yet?

As for the BEC, I've looked at a bunch of them. Some don't seem much larger than a thumb nail. I'll check out the one you suggested.

Thanks for the info. We're you able to test the SR24 on the DSM port, yet?
Not yet. I have started to set up two FCs: Pixracer V1.0 and Pixhawk4.
The latest FW is no more supporting the ESP01 WiFi module on Pixracer. I took some time to bring it back to work.

Now I'm read to start with SR24 - need some wiring. The DSM port has the disadvantage that it has no back channel for (Yuneec legacy) telemetry. I will try to use the FrSky UART for SR24.
I found something I have looked for in the past:
RC_INPUT_PROTO -> this can be set to ST24 instead of AUTO. Maybe this is a way to force the full functionality for receiver SR24
RC_PORT_CONFIG -> redirect to a free UART channel with Rx/Tx instead Rx only.

I wiil play with this next...

Reactions: 1midniterider
I have tested first with DSM port on Pixhawk4. This works, but no telemetry on ST16. It is possible to send MAV messages via MAYbridge to QGC. I will check if a ST16S can receive this. If so then the back channel over SR24 is not needed, telemetry can obtained from WiFi.

Yes, it still uses SR24 receiver to receive data from the 12 channels (sticks, switches). I have assigned landing gear, flight mode switch, no actuators so far.
A quick test shows that ST16S with Autopilot app from H Plus receives basic data via WiFi: voltage, num sats, GPS fix velocity, height by using a MAV bridge on TELEM1.

No. You have only set some parameters depending on what port you want to send telemetry. See last page in attached file.

Just to illustrate what I have done, here is my test setup:
Pixhawk4.JPG

Attached: How to setup a MAVbridge.

Attachments

• MAVbridge.pdf
    875.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yes, it still uses SR24 receiver to receive data from the 12 channels (sticks, switches). I have assigned landing gear, flight mode switch, no actuators so far.
A quick test shows that ST16S with Autopilot app from H Plus receives basic data via WiFi: voltage, num sats, GPS fix velocity, height by using a MAV bridge on TELEM1.
Was the SR24 already bound to the ST16S? Or did you bind it afterward?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scan02