Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st flight, and I am impressed!

Reaction score
Granted I have nothing to compare to.
But I was floored how easy it was to fly the Q500 4K!
I only flew it for 10 minutes (28*) and at the end I actually felt like a skilled pilot.
I flew around our property flawlessly and touched down several times.

I honestly never thought it would be this easy to fly a drone. My son had a $100 version and that thing was a mess. Now I need to work on flying it through the camera so I can fly it through our fields and around wooded areas.

One question is how will I know when it is getting close to it's maximum range? I envision it getting .5 mile away and suddenly falling out of the sky. :eek:

Are you flying it in angle mode or smart mode? I would recommend angle for learning how to fly. The maximum range I would recommend is 200m or less out just to be on the safe side. If you go out of range, the quadcopter will return to home, so no worries of it just dropping out of the sky. Happy flying!

I was flying in angle mode.
200m is not very far at all. Heck our driveway is that long.
I guess today, if it gets out of the 20's, I'll flying it through the field and see how far it goes until it reverses and returns to home.

I just got mine and I feel the same. I tried out the phantom 3S and the spark and the parrot bebop and I hated them all. I love this drone!

Your video is crisp.. wonder why my video when I record is so broken up?
I think it depends on the peripheral used to view and perhaps the internet. My videos are a lot smoother at work with high speed cable than at home with DSL.
I also just added a filter to the video. I am not quite sure if I like filters or not...

Here is my first video. It's a bit rough, but it is a start.
I am simply blown away by not only how easy it is to fly the Q500 4k, but by how amazing the video is.

Great job and beautiful property.

Great job and beautiful property.
Thank you. We moved in 20 years ago on our wedding night.
Hopefully my skills will improve once the the trees are green and everything is in full bloom this spring. Right now everything is dead. Hence the need for a filter. :)

Reactions: tcwhite
Hopefully my skills will improve once the the trees are green and everything is in full bloom this spring. Right now everything is dead. Hence the need for a filter. :)

Awe. Yeah I’m in Michigan right on the lake with plenty of ice and snow. I should get out and fly over the light house and ice formations but dang work is in the way at the moment. Have a great time flying.

Reactions: EricH
If you record in 4K (the highest setting), most computers and mobile devices are not able to process it smoothly. I use the 1920-1080, which gives me HD Quality, looks good on Youtube,FB and so on.
That is changed through the remote in the settings menu?

Reactions: webbster
Your video is crisp.. wonder why my video when I record is so broken up?

Webbster mine is exactly the same mate it gets lines across the screen & breaks up as you are watching what you are recording it has been doing my head in big time because I don't know what to do to make it right because there is no guide you are basically on your own from the day you purchase the Q500 I have only had mine out twice I watched a video on YouTube & it scared me about updating your firmware so I haven't bothered updating it because if anything goes wrong it is more or less £700 down the old proverbial so has anybody else got any ideas for me & webbster thank you in advance

Webbster mine is exactly the same mate it gets lines across the screen & breaks up as you are watching what you are recording it has been doing my head in big time because I don't know what to do to make it right because there is no guide you are basically on your own from the day you purchase the Q500 I have only had mine out twice I watched a video on YouTube & it scared me about updating your firmware so I haven't bothered updating it because if anything goes wrong it is more or less £700 down the old proverbial so has anybody else got any ideas for me & webbster thank you in advance

Plenty of YouTube videos out there to help. This guy imo is one of the best.

Reminds me of Tennessee, where some of my family live. Where ever it is it is very nice country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss