Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st real crash of a Yuneec drone

Reaction score
Today, after years flying both a Typhoon Q500+ and H Plus, I had the H plus fall from about 50 ft. It wasn't a low battery, obstacle, too few stats or something. When I found it around 250 ft out, the props were still intact, camera and gimble loose from landing gears being up, and other injuries. Oh yeah, the battery was about 3 feet behind bird on the ground. I'm almost positive I check battery was seated correctly before flight as I always do. Bottom line is I'll need to repair it and find the best place in the USA. I see many post about Kansas and would like to know more. Will I need to contact Yuneec first? Should I check the telemetry logs and gain insight? I've had the Plus since December of 2018, with no problems.

Check the battery latch. Not sure about the H Plus, but on the H, If the battery comes out and the latch is not broken, then the battery was not properly latched.
You can upload the FlightLog data if you need a review.
Is the H Plus still under warranty?

The battery and latching mechanism look the same to me, so I believe the same can happen with the battery becoming detached, it's a bummer when it happens, hopefully the telemetry will she'd some light. Let's hope not too costly to repair.

Most definitely contact Yuneec for a possible warranty claim and upload your telemetry files here for an unbiased opinion of what may have happened.

Use this post https://yuneecpilots.com/threads/how-to-get-h-plus-telemetry-files.13401/ to locate the telemetry files. Then create a folder on your desktop and copy all four folders into it. Right click the folder select Send to and select Compressed file. Use the resulting zip file to Attach the file to your post.

Reactions: biltno
Most definitely contact Yuneec for a possible warranty claim and upload your telemetry files here for an unbiased opinion of what may have happened.

Use this post How To Get H Plus Telemetry Files to locate the telemetry files. Then create a folder on your desktop and copy all four folders into it. Right click the folder select Send to and select Compressed file. Use the resulting zip file to Attach the file to your post.
Would there be a warranty claim if he's being flying it years he says? How much warranty do yuneec offer? If you can prove it's their fault through telemetry can you make a claim regardless of time?

Would there be a warranty claim if he's being flying it years he says? How much warranty do yuneec offer? If you can prove it's their fault through telemetry can you make a claim regardless of time?

1 year unless the optional extended warranty was purchased.

Warranty limited to defects in materials, parts and workmanship. Crash damage not caused by such defects is not covered.

After the warranty expires it would be hard to establish the fault was theirs. Telemetry helps but when a battery separates the telemetry stops with no indications of why power was interrupted. When the telemetry stops during a power failure it can not tell us why the power failed.

As the battery was found 3’ away from the aircraft the evidence points to an improperly secured battery. As mentioned by someone else, once latched they stay latched even during impact. The upper shell has to be ripped off before the battery latch will be disturbed.

His description of the incident strongly suggests operator error.

Last edited:
Bottom line is I'll need to repair it and find the best place in the USA.
Can you describe the damage or provide some pics which show the damage?
It's possible you could repair it yourself if the damage is not major. Otherwise your H Plus may be at a repair center for a month or two.

If the battery was separated from the aircraft then it wasn't fully locked. When inserting the batt make sure you hear the second click which is the lock. Do not lift the latch after it's locked. If you do, you must remove and reinstall the battery.

The H Plus should be under warranty until Dec 2019 since it was purchased in Dec 2018 unless it was purchased used.

With the battery ejected it sounds like it may not have been latched properly, but it never hurts to try getting warranty repair if still within the time limits.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The H Plus should be under warranty until Dec 2019 since it was purchased in Dec 2018 unless it was purchased used.

With the battery ejected it sounds like it may not have been latched properly, but it never hurts to try getting warranty repair if still within the time limits.
Only in US. 6 months here in UK. Just curious how it could of been flown for years as in OP post.

1 year unless the optional extended warranty was purchased.

Warranty limited to defects in materials, parts and workmanship. Crash damage not caused by such defects is not covered.

After the warranty expires it would be hard to establish the fault was theirs. Telemetry helps but when a battery separates the telemetry stops with no indications of why power was interrupted. When the telemetry stops during a power failure it can not tell us why the power failed.

As the battery was found 3’ away from the aircraft the evidence points to an improperly secured battery. As mentioned by someone else, once latched they stay latched even during impact. The upper shell has to be ripped off before the battery latch will be disturbed.

His description of the incident strongly suggests operator error.
It's been a while since a battery separation incident, I was beginning to believe it was a thing of the past!

Today, after years flying both a Typhoon Q500+ and H Plus, I had the H plus fall from about 50 ft. It wasn't a low battery, obstacle, too few stats or something. When I found it around 250 ft out, the props were still intact, camera and gimble loose from landing gears being up, and other injuries. Oh yeah, the battery was about 3 feet behind bird on the ground. I'm almost positive I check battery was seated correctly before flight as I always do. Bottom line is I'll need to repair it and find the best place in the USA. I see many post about Kansas and would like to know more. Will I need to contact Yuneec first? Should I check the telemetry logs and gain insight? I've had the Plus since December of 2018, with no problems.

I have the H plus. It will fly with the battery not being seated. It should not but it will. If you do not hear the click its not seated. It will then work itself out and crash. I am pretty sure if you check your st 16 history it will say low battery. I know because it happened to me! Yuneec needs to install a circuit to not let the drone power up without the battery click. Hopes this helps.

I have the H plus. It will fly with the battery not being seated. It should not but it will. If you do not hear the click its not seated. It will then work itself out and crash. I am pretty sure if you check your st 16 history it will say low battery. I know because it happened to me! Yuneec needs to install a circuit to not let the drone power up without the battery click. Hopes this helps.
Perhaps you should Gaffer tape it in, if it's a concern.

I was hoping "Read the manual" was beginning to have an effect.

That effect has not happened in all the years manuals have been provided for anything. How many people can truthfully say they’ve read the owners manual included with a new car, cover to cover?

I can’t....

Every car so far, unfortunately never had a manual, I've had to learn by trail and error I suppose I've bought secondhand, and years out of production you have to buy a Haynes manual, if your car is listed that is, that contains technical info on how to repair the car, last car I bought was built in 1984, manuals had long gone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio