Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.03 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.34, Camera:v3.2.34
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30
Details
H Update Description
  • Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and limit takeoff during preheating
  • Improve the land in Home mode
  • Fix the GUI altitude issue
ST16 Description
  • Preheating function
  • H920 model added
  • Add Photo Mode selection instruction beside the setting icon
  • Compatiable with more camera mode
  • Improved OTA

If only to sort the height restriction GUI issue

Yeh... curious if they really 'fixed the altitude issue on the GUI', desperately need more altitude!

Cheers!

Reactions: GlideAL
I believe several people who are on this forum have participated in testing this firmware. If you install it, you won't be a guinea pig...

Drone Firmware
Firmware Typhoon H STD V3.03 Gimbal:v1.25, Autopilot:v1.34, Camera:v3.2.34
Details

Controller Firmware
Firmware ST16 Controller STD v03.01.b30
Details
H Update Description
  • Add IMU preheating function when IMU temperature is too low and limit takeoff during preheating
  • Improve the land in Home mode
  • Fix the GUI altitude issue
ST16 Description
  • Preheating function
  • H920 model added
  • Add Photo Mode selection instruction beside the setting icon
  • Compatiable with more camera mode
  • Improved OTA
No problems for me. WHat's "OTA" ?

I updated the firmware and went out and flew a battery thru it. There are no photo mode selection "instruction" next to the icon however it shows what photo mode your in like panoramic, single etc. Maybe thats what they mean. Landing seemed to be smoother. I did a return to home and it came back fine however i always take over before landing. I didnt have any issues with height prior since I have the software to delete it.

Last edited:
I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Should I update my Typhoon? Do Yuneec upgrades typically go well?

Reactions: Nuance
Looks like they removed NFZs as well. If you go to their NFZ map, it no longer populates with "zones".

I'm a brand new, literally just purchased my Typhoon 2 hours ago, user. I have flown many quads and hexacopters, build quite a few as well, but this is my first Yuneec. The first thing I always do is check the latest firmware. Mine is on 3.01.b27. When I learned the update came out just now, I became a bit concerned.

Congrats JCow!! You're going to love it!! Welcome to the Typhoon world!!!

Reactions: jcowgar
updated via OTA, accelerometer and compass calibrations done and 1 pack flown without issue and winds are steady today.

I'd fly it without updating for a while. The current firmware is good and shouldn't give issues. Don't overlook reading the manuals and viewing the instruction videos on YT. Sounds like you have plenty of experience and shouldn't have difficulty with updating. Just be careful to follow the update instructions closely. Welcome to the club and good luck!

They DIDN't all go well but this last one, for me at least with a 4 H Pro went without a hitch. Just dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

Reactions: jcowgar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval