Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2.4ghz control, 5.8ghz video, but wifi?

Reaction score
Okay, here's another newbie question. I gather that the control is using 2.4ghz (I'm guessing with diversity because the st-16 has 2 antennas) & the video is using 5.8ghz with the little omni or patch antenna in the middle, but what's the wifi for? Telemetry?

The WiFi is so that you can connect the St-16 to the internet, perhaps when updating it or using the screen like a regular tablet. I don't think I would recommend either though. Updates are most reliably done through the SD card slot on the front of the unit, and you don't want to be installing any other software* that might interfere with the tablet's flight functions, or to be clogging it up with temporary internet files of the sort you'd get if you used it for general browsing.

*Except UAV Pilot, which is reported to work fine.

Reactions: KellyR
The WiFi is so that you can connect the St-16 to the internet, perhaps when updating it or using the screen like a regular tablet. I don't think I would recommend either though. Updates are most reliably done through the SD card slot on the front of the unit, and you don't want to be installing any other software* that might interfere with the tablet's flight functions, or to be clogging it up with temporary internet files of the sort you'd get if you used it for general browsing.

*Except UAV Pilot, which is reported to work fine.
AeroJ ,
You can not use the St 16 or the ST16s as a tablet or the internet. They took that capability away so that you don't have interference from incoming messages or calls etc. This would make the machine go crazy when that happens. Johnno Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the Grass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop