Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2 Motor Fail

Reaction score
Lost yaw and roll, when the green and blue motors all of a sudden decided to stop in mid-flight. Luckily the green motor was starting and stopping and gave me just enough yaw 2 point the Drone back in my direction. Was able to get the Drone back with only pitch and thrust. It will never fly again but oh well Parts drone

When 1 motor fails (or a prop breaks), the H enters "5-motor emergency mode" at this moment the opposing motor,the one directly on the other side, starts switching directions very fast in order to compensate for the lack of thrust and torque of the failed motor.

These starts and stops might seem random but they're most definitely not. Also the maneuverability of the aircraft is severely impacted, but keeping steady and smooth movements will help the aircraft keep stability.

This mode is a safety measure and, as mentioned before, an emergency mode, which puts a lot of stress on the remaining motors, specially the one in charge of stabilization, that's why its important to land asap.

Good to know you made it back to the ground.

In five motor mode you still have somewhat yaw control. I had no control of the yaw. Except for when the green motor intermittently would start and stop If it would have been the green and red motor or green and white motor at the same time. I would have fell from the sky

Jules description is exactly right. Yaw control is not needed to bring the H back and land. Just look at the green arrow and move the right stick in the same direction it is pointing. That will get the H home.

You cannot move the Drone from left to right when neither one of the center Motors are working. You only have up down forward back

I had a crash with my H and broke 2 of the front motor arms. I replaced both motors anyway.
Did not want to chance a bent shaft that would only show up in flight.
They are not hard to replace.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace