Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2nd Breeze, 2nd flyaway

Reaction score
Purchased a breeze in july and flew it 4 or 5 days a wk till early sept. I use the controller and 5 batteries so at least an hour each day. Then is flew away without any input from me. It was hovering 3' off the ground and flew about 200 feet into a lake. (unrecovered). Yuneec replaced it. The new breeze has never been right, looses wi fi on a reg. basis. Occasionally runs into geo fence 20' ft fm home when set at max. distance. I came to not trust this breeze and for good reason. I too flew away nearly 2 wks ago. I initiated flight and started testing each control as always and it took off. Tried all controls and home button the only one that had any effect, only it would keep going past home. Kept hitting the home button and one time I was able to knock it out of the air. I said all that to say this. Yuneec is not responding to my case initiated on Dec 18th. then appended a few days later, then emailed them a few days ago. I guess I'll attempt a phone call next. All I have to say is buyers beware.

Reactions: erwinjonkhart
It sounds like you just got bad hardware, or maybe you're in a place with lots of noise in the 1-2GHZ range horking up your FPS, but for all, as soon as you get your drone, change its SID. I haven't had a breeze stolen yet, but every other FPV drone I ever had, except the cheap little Mota JetJat, have flown normally down low in front of my house, responding perfectly, then suddenly quit responding to my control inputs, climbed above tree height, turned to face west, and set off at top speed. There are people who watch for known SIDs, and have the software and hardware ready to take over. The shortest time it's taken so far has been 2 minutes. Most of the time it's 5 or more minutes, or even after several practice flights over the course of days.
So glad the breeze has a changeable SID.

Fly aways happened in different places. Please no abreviations (SID FPS) I can fly the **** out drones but have no idea what your talking about. Sounds like you are describing someone taking over your drone, I know that didn't happen, no one close enough for a take over and the first time, Yuneek found a problem. Sounds like you need never fly in front of your house. How many have you lost?

Fly aways happened in different places. Please no abreviations (SID FPS) I can fly the **** out drones but have no idea what your talking about. Sounds like you are describing someone taking over your drone, I know that didn't happen, no one close enough for a take over and the first time, Yuneek found a problem. Sounds like you need never fly in front of your house. How many have you lost?

The replacement Breeze sounds like it had a defective A9 board rightnout of the box. Your best bet with Yuneec CS is go to the following site, select option Speak to a Pro, and schedule a phone support call.

http://yuneec.com/support

Thanks for the response, I was avoiding that because I'm afraid I may tell them what I think about they way they run their business. Being ignored really bothers me, plus soon as I get the Breeze right
I'm selling it for something much better and right now Yuneec is 2 strikes toward not being considered for my next purchase. Anyway thanks, I read your responses often and appreciate your participation.

Thanks for the response, I was avoiding that because I'm afraid I may tell them what I think about they way they run their business. Being ignored really bothers me, plus soon as I get the Breeze right
I'm selling it for something much better and right now Yuneec is 2 strikes toward not being considered for my next purchase. Anyway thanks, I read your responses often and appreciate your participation.

If you just filed a case on their website or sent an email, they seldom respond to it. You have to catch a Live Chat session or schedule a phone call. Unfortunately corporate has Customer Support understaffed in the US. I sympathize as we all go through the same thing when trying to get support.

I appreciate the info. I had no problem the first time. I opened a case and about a day and a half later they asked for the flight logs. 24 hours later they said a new Breeze was on the way. That was in Sept.

I appreciate the info. I had no problem the first time. I opened a case and about a day and a half later they asked for the flight logs. 24 hours later they said a new Breeze was on the way. That was in Sept.

I’m a little shocked by that, I have had to reach them by phone before they would even respond to a case file opened via their website. Now I understand why you were shocked by the non-response to the second case.

I was shocked also, I had only been flying for a couple of months and didn't even know there was flight logs, so I thought I was out of luck, not even having the Breeze to send to them. Their first email detailed how to recover the logs and send to them. When the second Breeze arrived and was not flyable, I reset it and calibrated several times before I could control it. Flew it but constant problems. I opened another case and they responded quickly but the
guy didn't seem too concerned, almost to the point he didn't believe me. He said that was highly unusually for a Breeze, so I didn't send it in. It was a pain in the butt, but I just flew anyway. Basically all I do is layout short courses and run through them. I love banking and the Breeze does this well its just so slow. My problem is I mostly fly in my backyard under trees with mostly branches a little over 10" high, but wifi goes out and sure enough its usually where a branch may be 9'6''. (got RH set at lowest available which is 9'8'') I live on a lake and never trusted Breeze 1 or 2 over the water, so I have a Spry on the way.

Srmiten opinar, el yuneec Breeze para mi no es el drone más seguro, ya que yo hize pruebas de seguridad con kali Linux y wifislax y apesar que tiene una encriptacion wpa2/wpa2 psk. Pues es super fácil poder robar el drone, tiene fallos, al momento de hacerle un ataque ddos el software del breeze accede a conexiones y se resetea a su contraseña original, que ya todos sabemos, aunque el Breeze es un modelo descontinuado y poco profesional, siempre sigue teniendo un costo elevado, los fallos los tienen en puertos específicos los cuales. No nombrare y que también yuneec debe testear más a profundidad sus productos, aún estoy probando si con un móvil Android se puede crackear con app específicas que por ética no nombrare.

EDIT: Please post in English, refer to Community Rules at the bottom of every page.

Translation by DoomMeister using Google Translate:

Srmiten say, the yuneec Breeze for me is not the safest drone, since I did security tests with kali Linux and wifislax and even though it has an encryption wpa2 / wpa2 psk. It is very easy to steal the drone, it has failures, when making an attack dds the breeze software accesses connections and resets to your original password, which we all know, although the Breeze is a discontinued and unprofessional model, always has a high cost, failures have them in specific ports which. I will not name and that yuneec must also test more in depth their products, I'm still testing if with an Android mobile you can crack with specific app that I will not name by ethics.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Breeze is a short range Selfie drone and was not designed to be Hacker proof. The password cannot be changed by the user, only the SSID and an attacker would have to jump in while the Breeze is broadcasting it. The Breeze only allows one connection at a time so the hacker would have to cause a disconnection between the Breeze and the pilot’s controlling device.

I can’t see the point in hijacking a $150 selfie drone, except most hackers don’t give a flip what they hack it is just the satisfaction that they are able to do so.

Update on my Breeze support case. (second flyaway, was a replacement that also flew away in a different location from the first.) Opened support case on Dec 18th, updated case a few days later, emailed to two different addresses called ever number listed. Got a real person once but wrong department, she refused to help. First week of the year I found a third email address and used that to try and get help. After a couple of days I set up a return call. ( I'm old and stubborn, and wanted them to respond to an open case as they are supposed to is why I didn't use the call appointment.) There is no way a company should be that hard to get in touch with! Anyway, after I set up the return call I got an email from a very apologetic Yuneec employee. She explained that a software glitch had prevented them from seeing some customers support cases. So, I guess that others had the same problem. She requested flight log which was sent immediately and a day latter I got a return authorization and UPS shipping label. I shipped on the 9th (should have been 2 to 3 days en route) Finally on the 17th Yuneec emailed they had rec'd it. 3 days shipping 2 days weekend, so it must have sat there a few days before they comfirmed it arrived. OK, now one day later (Jan the 18th) I get an email that I was about to mark as spam because it was someones name in the from column and started off United Radio job number....... Decided to open it and it was from United Radio requesting me to confirm some information and to call them. So Yuneec sends out repairs, go figure. It was too late on Friday to call so I will call and update Monday.

Reactions: robbie2
Update on my Breeze support case. (second flyaway, was a replacement that also flew away in a different location from the first.) Opened support case on Dec 18th, updated case a few days later, emailed to two different addresses called ever number listed. Got a real person once but wrong department, she refused to help. First week of the year I found a third email address and used that to try and get help. After a couple of days I set up a return call. ( I'm old and stubborn, and wanted them to respond to an open case as they are supposed to is why I didn't use the call appointment.) There is no way a company should be that hard to get in touch with! Anyway, after I set up the return call I got an email from a very apologetic Yuneec employee. She explained that a software glitch had prevented them from seeing some customers support cases. So, I guess that others had the same problem. She requested flight log which was sent immediately and a day latter I got a return authorization and UPS shipping label. I shipped on the 9th (should have been 2 to 3 days en route) Finally on the 17th Yuneec emailed they had rec'd it. 3 days shipping 2 days weekend, so it must have sat there a few days before they comfirmed it arrived. OK, now one day later (Jan the 18th) I get an email that I was about to mark as spam because it was someones name in the from column and started off United Radio job number....... Decided to open it and it was from United Radio requesting me to confirm some information and to call them. So Yuneec sends out repairs, go figure. It was too late on Friday to call so I will call and update Monday.

How did things go with United Radio? My CGO3+ Camera is in for warranty repair at UR and so far they have been good at keeping me updated on the repair process.

How did things go with United Radio? My CGO3+ Camera is in for warranty repair at UR and so far they have been good at keeping me updated on the repair process.
Not too far off topic, so I'll give you the quick version of my experience with United Radio.

Back in November, I made a ticket with Yuneec and sent my ST10+ to them because the screen was zooming in and out on its own like I was double tapping it, and it was yawing on its own when throttling down. The screen would also keep popping up that it was disconnecting from the telemetry, to hit ok or cancel. While in flight, I might add. It was totally unresponsive to me hitting cancel. They calibrated the sticks and sent it back. Didn't fix my screen issue. Just made notes that said they couldn't duplicate it, but it was happening every single flight.

2 flights in, it starts yawing again. The screen issue wasn't addressed, so it was still doing that. Made another ticket with Yuneec and they had me send it back to UR in December. They replaced the sticks, calibrated, and sent it back. Again, didn't touch the screen issue. But, the sticks operated correctly now.

In January, I setup a phone appointment with Yuneec. I told them the issues I was having with the transmitter and with UD. He agreed that there was an issue with the transmitter and had me send it straight to Yuneec for a new replacement under warranty. It's been there ever since and they haven't updated my ticket on my account.

Not too far off topic, so I'll give you the quick version of my experience with United Radio.

Back in November, I made a ticket with Yuneec and sent my ST10+ to them because the screen was zooming in and out on its own like I was double tapping it, and it was yawing on its own when throttling down. The screen would also keep popping up that it was disconnecting from the telemetry, to hit ok or cancel. While in flight, I might add. It was totally unresponsive to me hitting cancel. They calibrated the sticks and sent it back. Didn't fix my screen issue. Just made notes that said they couldn't duplicate it, but it was happening every single flight.

2 flights in, it starts yawing again. The screen issue wasn't addressed, so it was still doing that. Made another ticket with Yuneec and they had me send it back to UR in December. They replaced the sticks, calibrated, and sent it back. Again, didn't touch the screen issue. But, the sticks operated correctly now.

In January, I setup a phone appointment with Yuneec. I told them the issues I was having with the transmitter and with UD. He agreed that there was an issue with the transmitter and had me send it straight to Yuneec for a new replacement under warranty. It's been there ever since and they haven't updated my ticket on my account.

You should go to Yuneec USA | Support and choose Speak to a Pro and schedule a phone support call. You can the try using the Live Chat to see if you can get a more immediate response. Make sure you reference the case # when you achieve contact with CS. This has gone well past a reasonable time frame. I would be setting daily phone support calls until they sent me a good replacement controller.

You should go to Yuneec USA | Support and choose Speak to a Pro and schedule a phone support call. You can the try using the Live Chat to see if you can get a more immediate response. Make sure you reference the case # when you achieve contact with CS. This has gone well past a reasonable time frame. I would be setting daily phone support calls until they sent me a good replacement controller.
This all started in May 2018. That's when I started sending requests for repair. I bought the thing in April 2018. My year warranty is almost up. Ridiculous. I almost didn't buy my H Plus entirely based on their customer service.

United Radio update: They have had it over 1 month, still waiting on parts. made an addition to case to Yuneec and they played it off and said deal with URadio. So it's been two months and Yuneec doesn't give a _. UR didn't sell me the drone, its Yuneec's responsibility to step in and get this solved. . Yuneec doesn't care about customer service. I would like to see somebody give dji a little competition, but it sure won't be Yuneec.
Turbo Dad, hope you have better luck in the future with Yuneec. DoomMeister: Back the first of the year I tried dozens of times over a 7 day period to connect with chat, never happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33