Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3 yr old Typhoon H

Reaction score
I have had this original H for three years now. I have not flow it for about a year and noticed the batteries are puffy. I charged the 2 original batteries and got a charge of 16.5 volts, with about 15 minutes of flight time. Both are warm after flight, but will charge to 16.5 every time. I just don't like how they are puffy. I would like to buy 2 new batteries but can't seem to find a better deal than a $150 per Battery. I like original stuff so I would like to have an oem batteries yunh105. Anyone have some for sale?
Also I have never updated this thing but would like to know is there an update for this thing that I should put in or should I not touch it. Everything works fine and a very happy with it. I was just wondering if the update for the firmware or anything would actually be beneficial or should I not worry about it?
Last question is is there any way to change the altimeter to go past the 400' mark or is that something that can't be changed.
Thanks for the help and info.

The chances of finding a new OEM battery for the TH is pretty much nil. About the only thing you can find new for the TH are GiFi batteries.

Do you use an aftermarket charger that allows you to put the batteries at storage charge?

Are the batteries difficult to slide in and out of the aircraft? Can the puffiness be pushed back in with gentle finger pressure or is it hard?

Reactions: Mike Irish
It seems that the power 4 batteries that I have are pretty much puffed. On the other hand the 2 ultrax batteries that mr. Chastain sent me with the "h" when I bought his and no puff at all. Why did they stop making these. The gifi won't connect to the dy3 anymore and not sure why. Batteries seem to be the question mark of the century.

Reactions: Foundryratjim
The chances of finding a new OEM battery for the TH is pretty much nil. About the only thing you can find new for the TH are GiFi batteries.

Do you use an aftermarket charger that allows you to put the batteries at storage charge?

Are the batteries difficult to slide in and out of the aircraft? Can the puffiness be pushed back in with gentle finger pressure or is it hard?

I use the oem charger. They are not bad to push in and out but there is some resistance. One is soft and other is pretty hard.

I am not sure what voltage you store your batteries at, but storing them for long periods at full charge is very bad for them. If the batteries are resisting being inserted and removed except the few millimeters where the battery contacts are meshing you likely have a bad situation on your hands.

Before purchasing new batteries, I suggest you invest in a third party charger and adapter cables that allows you to put them at storage charge when not in use. Something like this post HTRC T240 Balancing Charger with H Pro Leads.

In response to your inquiry about updates compare yours to those in this photo
64DC0823-7E19-4EBB-8AAA-2C847DCA3E47.jpeg
If yours matches you are up to date.

They got us by the cahones don't they. The price is outrageous and I know there were better batteries than that like the one that came with Capt. Drones h plus in one of his videos. He got over 24 minutes which he displayed on the video. Where are those? I know it's all about money but ripping off customers is wrong. Also why did ultrax work better and as I mentioned before I have had no puffing issues at least yet. Mr Chastain who sold me his h had dates marked on the batteries and some were 2 1/2 Years old and they work fine. Also should I leave batteries in the dy3 in idle after use with the unit on?

I had them send me the serial number on one and the date on the OEM pack was April 1st, 2016; kind of a cruel ironic joke don't you think? My original batteries were dated September of 2016 therefore newer than the 'new' OEM batteries for sale and my were getting puffy.

There are these from China for $93.98 and the same thing from Digi-deals/Digi-battery is $132.99.

So for a $39.01 difference I think I'd be forced to buy the China deal since I want two.

Have you considered going with a 3rd party adapter? That way you could use any battery that fit the adapter and save some money. Not to mention tailor the price of the battery to the time you desire keeping the H in the air.

Link to one vendor on Ebay selling an adapter for the H:

Typhoon H480 Battery Adapter on Ebay

Also should I leave batteries in the dy3 in idle after use with the unit on?
No. I don't know about the dy3 in particular, but some chargers will drain the battery if it is left connected. The drain is small, but it will continue far beyond the level of permanent damage to the battery.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval