Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

$350 DJI Spark or $150 Yuneec Breeze?

Reaction score
Full disclosure—I’m also posting this question on the SparkPilots Zone forum.

Right now, I’ve got an unopened $350 lava red Spark (still impatiently waiting on the “free” remote control, which is on back order) and an unopened $150 Yuncee Breeze w/controller. One of them is going to be returned later this week. Which one?

I’ve watched I don’t know how many YouTube flight videos from taken from each of these drones and I dunno if it’s a problem with how they’re uploaded, but I really can’t see a lot of difference in quality. I know the Spark has gimble, the Breeze has 1080 electronic stabilization, yada, yada, yada, but, at least on YouTube, some videos look really good and some look really bad from either drone. Still photos, on the other hand, look really good from both of them.

I do like the extra distance you can achieve with the Spark, but how important is it to be able to utilize that extra distance (my understanding is LOS flying is officially frowned upon)? I suspect the built quality of the Spark is better, and I’ve read you can get another minute or two of fly time from its battery. But, for a casual user, are those important enough to warrant another 200 bucks?

I was asking myself the same question 2 weeks ago. Coming from sky viper drones the breeze is awesome. For 200 bucks I got the drone the controller and 2 extra batteries. With the 3 batteries I was able to take it out on family day and flew as much as I wanted to and still had about 3/4 of a battery left when I got home at the end of the day. I knew the range would be better on the spark but with the breeze I was able to fly out as much as I wanted. I actually had to push myself to try and hit the geo fence because I was getting nervous about how far away it was. I feel really good with my choice as seeing I would have spent 250 more dollars to have around the same flight time with the spark.

I have both and the spark is just better all around and worth the difference in money.
I bought the breeze to fly around my back yard and I am not knocking it but the spark is more refined.
You can have fun with either but the spark is the better bang for the buck even at its increased price.
One more thing the breeze is more troublesome to find WiFi on my I phone.

I don’t have the Spark but looked seriously at it. I agree, a better all around machine with higher quality components. However, for $149, the Breeze with controller AND $21 for batteries (both at Walmart) - it’s a deal hard to pass up. I find the geo-fence limits very adequate as it’s a SELFIE drone. The preprogrammed TASKS are neat and work well. Also consider the MANY no fly zones- just crazy. Limits flying all over the US.

With the AIR now available many selling Sparks to get the AIR - so some good deals to be had on the Spark.

Good luck.

I would fly both taking stills and video and do my own evaluation as to which I liked better.

By the way, LOS or line-of-site flying is not ‘frowned’ upon it is required by the FAA. Beyond or out of LOS is frowned upon.

Hope you have many hours of enjoyment with which ever you choose in the end! Happy and safe flying.

Reactions: Peeta
Talking about the price make me think something.How come consumers spend more for a iPhone than for a Huawei phone although the features is the same? The appear and feel of the product, the elegant advertising along with a sleek, smartly designed platform coming from with easy-to-use functions as well as settings. So it is just in a nutshell, I am not expert or pro, my opinion is based on what i read on the internet and by watching a few video about the review or check the comparison. Maybe i would say, the DJI mechanical stabilizing versus Breeze software picture stabilizing might be the big factor.

This is how the cash is at. Not to forget, also the Spark features hand gestures, and may identify your face, in addition to palm take-off as well as object avoidance, as well as folds. Plus it offers much better battery live by a couple of minutes.The Spark features far more functions compared to Breeze, as well as the vast majority of them function as publicized. Just about all I can say is there's a huge distinction between both of these drones, and that I know what kind I might opt for.

I’m late to this dance... I tried both and it was an easy decision to go with the Spark. Neither good with WiFi, the Spark with RC controller is great. Neither are purchased primarily as a photo drone, both are sub-par... but great for the price. The gimbal action of the Spark and the software camera features are very good... basically same photo software features for Mavic & Phantom. The Hand jesture is not 100%, but good enough for doing multiple types of selfies, slower speed tracking, etc.

The fun in my opinion is when coupled with remote and in “sport” mode. It flies fast, turns and is very quick to control. To toss it around a yard, weaving around trees is a joy. Performs tight spiral climbs & descents, braking better than any mini drone I’ve played with. Indoor in tight quarters very accurate & controllable... so much so I don’t install the prop guards. The major indoor complaint is noise... inside this is not a quite bird.

Last part I find handy with the movable gimbal, physical size and stability... all very good. I’ve used it for home gutter inspections, and able to fly between overhead tree branches and roof. Used it for barn loft inspections; critters, hornets, etc. It is a stable tiny plateform with 1080, which is great when you don’t want $2000-8000 platform in tight places.

Talking about the price make me think something.How come consumers spend more for a iPhone than for a Huawei phone although the features is the same? The appear and feel of the product, the elegant advertising along with a sleek, smartly designed platform coming from with easy-to-use functions as well as settings. So it is just in a nutshell, I am not expert or pro, my opinion is based on what i read on the internet and by watching a few video about the review or check the comparison. Maybe i would say, the DJI mechanical stabilizing versus Breeze software picture stabilizing might be the big factor.

This is how the cash is at. Not to forget, also the Spark features hand gestures, and may identify your face, in addition to palm take-off as well as object avoidance, as well as folds. Plus it offers much better battery live by a couple of minutes.The Spark features far more functions compared to Breeze, as well as the vast majority of them function as publicized. Just about all I can say is there's a huge distinction between both of these drones, and that I know what kind I might opt for.
I have to agree. However, sometimes, especially if someone already has... say a
Phantom.. The breeze fills the void for a small close range unit.. Offers good build quality with good features.. for a easy to swallow price. .agreed?

On the humorous side... I have a iPhone, Note8, and Huawei (for RC Screen). The Huawei is a great low cost bright 5-6" Screen! There are major differences in iOS and Android, and the hardware. As an IT professional, I've found the iOS platform best for non-techie Users; it's easy & quick to learn and very difficult to screw up. If the User is more power based, the Android offers greater flexibility and customization. Due to all it's multiple options of navigation, storage and apps the Android OS can be more difficult to use and can get yourself floundered or miss arranged with multiple screens, multiple group options, widgets, apps, etc. The difference between Huawei and say a Note 8 is extremely different in hardware & features. This is verified by multiple End Users, the iOS is hands down easier to use.

That all said, I realize that wasn't the point... ;)

Comparable with the Breeze & Spark, the Spark is the "android". Beyond many other features of the Spark, not apparent on comparison charts, the Spark functions & flies with greater control for Stick - Action coordination. Takes off & lands with less effort, turns & quick controls with RC, gps stability, much greater range with RC; then add the all the above mentioned features both by DJI apps or multiple 3rd Party apps. It's able to perform autonomous flight missions, grid pattern flights, etc.

Another small advantage, similar to an iPhone, it's more recognized by consumer public. After you use it for a while you can sell it and recover a much larger percentage of the purchase.

After using and playing with both... the Breeze is a great low cost play craft, the Spark is a mini-Mavic style craft capable of small task work and a great low-mid cost craft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech