Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

350QX throttle issue

Reaction score
I have 3 Blade 350 QX 2 drones. Two of them will not spool up the motors with the transmitter stick in the Smart mode (green light) They are armed and at idle speed.
I get a bit of response but not much in the stability (blue light) mode.
The third one works perfectly.All radio set ups are the same on a Spektrum DX6i radio.
They used to work fine until I brought them out for flying season.
Batteries are ok. the two sick ones have no props attached because of bench testing.
Anyone have a suggestion or idea of what may be wrong.
Many thanks

Have you done motor test in the GUI? Sometimes it helps to reassign the motors. Also acc calibration may be an option when on-the-ground-detection is not working good.

And it may takes a long time to get GPS fix when the drone was powered off for a long time.

br HE

I have two DX6i radios One drone on one radio and the other two drones on the second radio using 2 models.
I did bind the good drone radio to the sick drone and had the same throttle issue.The props are not installed for safety while testing.Funny about two of the three drones having the same problem.One fly's perfectly.
Do you have one DX6i with a different model for each drone, or do you have three DX6i controllers?

I have two DX6i radios One drone on one radio and the other two drones on the second radio using 2 models.
I did bind the good drone radio to the sick drone and had the same throttle issue.The props are not installed for safety while testing.Funny about two of the three drones having the same problem.One fly's perfectly.
I forgot to mention all 3 drones are a Blade 350 QX 2 not a QX3 model

Tw things you can try:
1.) Put one of the problem drones on the GUI to see if anything shows up.
2.) Take the receiver out of the good drone, and install it in one of the problem drones to eliminate the receiver as an issue.

Thanks.I'm not familiar with GUI or what exactly it is.
I did do the standard motor assignment calibration though.

The GUI is the computer program you use to do motor assignments and other things. Did you notice any problem indicators on the sensors, or especially any problem with the "reported" voltage.
If voltage is indicating low, the motors will not start, even if the battery is fully charged. This is a problem that has occurred in at least QX350 series and Q500 series.

Where do you get th
The GUI is the computer program you use to do motor assignments and other things. Did you notice any problem indicators on the sensors, or especially any problem with the "reported" voltage.
If voltage is indicating low, the motors will not start, even if the battery is fully charged. This is a problem that has occurred in at least QX350 series and Q500 series.
is program?
I have no alarms on and the light glows green to indicate GPS lock. I can then arm the drone and the motors will start to run slowly as in idle.Just no throttle response to increase the motor speed.In the stability mode (blue light) same thing motors will start in slow idle but not increase in speed.I heard some place that the props must be installed.The props on the two sick drones are not installed because of all the testing I'm doing.Any thing valid with this suggestion? I have not tried it yet.

Thanks.I'm not familiar with GUI or what exactly it is.
I did do the standard motor assignment calibration though.
I am confused. The statement that you did the "motor assignment calibration" caused me to believe you already have the GUI program. The later post seems to indicate you do not.
If you don't already have the program, let me know.

I am confused. The statement that you did the "motor assignment calibration" caused me to believe you already have the GUI program. The later post seems to indicate you do not.
I have no GUI program or know where to obtain such.I was not aware the QX 350/2 was programmable.
All calibrations on the QX including compass,pressure and accelerator cals are done by binding the drone to the TX with different stick positions while binding.No computer needed.
Motor cal is done by binding the drone to the radio with the throttle stick at full.This enters the cal mode.Next when you hear one beep spin motor #1 by hand in the proper rotation.When you hear two beeps do this for motor 2 same goes for motor 3 & 4.When done and the drone likes it all the ESC's flash a blue led light.
Without this motor cal the drone will not start but flashes a red alarm led.
As mentioned I am able to arm the motors and have them start at their idle rpm,but cannot get any more throttle out of any motor. No alarm lights and the led shows GPS lock.
Anything to do with props not being installed?

The Gui is a great tool. A couple drawbacks. I believe you will have to upgrade to version 3 of the firmware. And if I recall, that limits the use of the acrobatic mode. You will also need a specialized USB cable that probably did not come with the QX2. The cables (BLH7840) are still available on eBay and other sources, but generally about $15 to $20 or so nowdays.

The GUI itself can be downloaded from:
"https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH8160_GUI_ZIP.pdf"

This is one of the videos that tells something of how to setup the GUI and how to use it. There are some others on YouTube:
"
"

Hi I have a problem with my blade 350 qx2 its constantly in low voltage mode with red,green,blue and white light flashing when I plug it into the GUI it show low voltage with a full battery.

I'm not sure if GUI or drone is right. Both refer to the same sensor on the mainboard.
Let's check the battry first. Do you have a multimeter or LiPo checker? What voltage have the 3 cells?

br HE

I have checked the battery voltage with a multimeter voltage is correct and also all three cells voltage is perfect but I still get the warning lights and Gui low battery voltage.

Are there differences of voltage between the cells? If yes, how many mV? Can you measure voltage of cells with load (i.e. a car light bulp 21W means ~2A)?

Another weak point is the cable fom mother board to EC3 connector to the battery. Because it will moved every time you connect or disconnect the battery it my be partially broken and need proper soldering. Check this too.

br HE

The cell voltages is all the same I have 2 batteries doing the exact same thing when fully charged in balance mode checked ec3 connectors no damage but resoldered it anyways and at board connection as well. I'm beginning to think i might have a faulty board.

Remove all ESCs and check again in GUI to exclude a faulty ESC.

The last try before you draw away the mainboard ist to shortcut the switching MosFETs (blue bridge). You cannot switch on/off the drone, only by connecting/disconnecting battery but if there is a problem with that switching stuff you can exclude it from debugging.
350QX_MB_Elko.jpg

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval