Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

360 Panos

Reaction score
We all have seen the 360 pictures you can look around in. I'm curious, Can you really do that on the H with the CGO3+ ? If so, how ? I know you can buy the 360 cameras, but is that the only way to do it ?

Thanks,

Reactions: otsog
Can you really do that on the H with the CGO3+
Yes and no, but mainly no ;) The CGO3+ is not a true 360 camera in the way that other 360 cameras designed for that purpose operate. It only has one lens for a start !
However it does have an 18-shot panorama feature that will produce a set of photos you can turn into a 360 panoramic like this one.
I've made a tutorial for how to produce those pics in the Photos / Videos Section, but that really is the limit of the 360 capabilities of this camera. For example it cannot do the sort of shots where you can look around as it is moving. On the plus side, I believe the H can easily lift the weight of a Ricoh Theta mounted to the top of it !

Last edited:
Yes and no, but mainly no ;) The CGO3+ is not a true 360 camera in the way that other 360 cameras designed for that purpose operate. It only has one lens for a start !
However it does have an 18-shot panorama feature that will produce a set of photos you can turn into a 360 panoramic like this one.
I've made a tutorial for how to produce those pics in the Photos / Videos Section, but that really is the limit of the 360 capabilities of this camera. For example it cannot do the sort of shots where you can look around as it is moving.
Ya can't beat Marzipan!

I've made a tutorial for how to produce those pics in the Photos / Videos Section, but that really is the limit of the 360 capabilities of this camera. For example it cannot do the sort of shots where you can look around as it is moving.
Thank you ! I'll look for the thread.

So, I made a few panos with the H. Worked pretty well. But I notice gaps and misaligned ridges. Is there a way to fix that somehow ? At the bottom towards the left. I am using ICE. Can I fix this in ICE somehow ? Or am I taking the pano wrong ? This is a single layer just so you guy's know.

View attachment YUN00001_stitch.jpg

No, ICE is pretty bad at that sometimes. Unfortunately if it fails there isn't much you can do about it other than try a better stitcher. Hugin is my goto - if that fails you can still have manual control and put additional control points where you need them.

Reactions: Mr. I
No, ICE is pretty bad at that sometimes. Unfortunately if it fails there isn't much you can do about it other than try a better stitcher. Hugin is my goto - if that fails you can still have manual control and put additional control points where you need them.
Thank you. I'm downloading Hugin right now. I'll give it a try in the morning.

The steps for Hugin are:

1. Choose simple layout to start with and begin with the Assistant tab.
2. Import images - Hugin will ask what FoV you need - enter 115 here.
3. The images will load into Hugin in any old order, but this is not an error.
4. Hit Align, and wait for it to sort the images out and assign auto-control points. There will be jpeg error messages when it does this but don't worry - they don't affect the final result.
5. Once aligned your image may be upside down. If it is, go to the Move / drag tab, and drag a vertical line down the center (holding shift to constrain) to invert it. You can also center, fit and straighten it here when you've done that.
6. Look carefully at the pano preview. If you can see any alignment problems you can fix those by finding the right image pair (layout tab) and adding control points on the bits that currently don't match.
7. When it;s aligning properly, go to the crop tab, and do an auto-crop, checking that works correctly in the preview, and altering it by hand if not.
8. Now back to the Assist tab, and all you have to do is click 'Create Panorama', set a horizontal size, and click go...

Reactions: Mr. I

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace