Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4 k video comparison

Reaction score
Here is a comparison of a p4 and the H. What do think. I can tell in the last shot the H has a lot of sunlight and the p4 dosent have that much light. But what about the rest?

I only do this because there is concern about the camera quality. So im curious about your opinions.....lets keep it civil. Thanks.

Bill W.

Reactions: yuneec53
Some early Yuneec cameras were shipped with the lens focused too close. Yuneec has repaired or replaced those which were returned at no cost. Many users have refocused their own cameras as have I. When properly focused, I believe the Yuneec camera is as sharp as the P4 one. There are many great videos out there which show this.

Some early Yuneec cameras were shipped with the lens focused too close. Yuneec has repaired or replaced those which were returned at no cost. Many users have refocused their own cameras as have I. When properly focused, I believe the Yuneec camera is as sharp as the P4 one. There are many great videos out there which show this.

Here is a video i did yesterday. What do you think of the quality and focus? It is 1080...not 4k

Bill W.

Last edited:
Reactions: yuneec53

Here is a video i did yesterday. What do you think of the quality? It is 1080...not 4k

Bill W.
Shooting into the sun and at only 1080 resolution is not going to show the best capabilities of this camera. What does it look like at full resolution in good light? May be better to judge sharpness in a still photo.

Shooting into the sun and at only 1080 resolution is not going to show the best capabilities of this camera. What does it look like at full resolution in good light? May be better to judge sharpness in a still photo.
YUN00084.jpg

Here is a pic from the same day...just earlier in the morning.

Bill W.

So whats a good way to test my focus on the H? What do i take a pic of and how far away?

Bill W.

Regardless of the viewers' subjective eye and opinion as to the better camera, it sure took some effort to make this video!

Reactions: Rayray
The comparison video is meaningless. You can get different results from two H's according to their settings. Judging a pic or video is highly subjective. If we like the pics or videos taken with our CGO3+, that's all that matters, IMHO.

I just uploaded an unedited video from my H after refocusing. View it in 4K. I am happy with the sharpness. If you pause the video and look at the trees on the horizon and power lines and such, you will see that it is way sharper than the "comparison" video at the beginning of this thread.

Reactions: AML
So whats a good way to test my focus on the H? What do i take a pic of and how far away?

Bill W.

You actually found what works very well in the first video where you were shooting down on the paver driveway. Note the sharpness of the separation lines with the P4 compared to the H.

For the close in work the H appears to have a sharper focus but for more distant stuff the P4 seems to have sharper depth of field. Other than that the two cameras perform similarly. As has been noted before the only thing wrong with the CGO-3 camera is the focus. Correct that and all that's left is the bit rate difference, something that most will not be impacted by. The H gimbal is superior to any of the Phantoms though. IMO it's better than what's found on the stock Inspire as well.

Bill W.
If objects at 1 foot away are really sharp, then your lens is focused too close. Best way to test is to include textured objects from 5 feet to infinity on a clear day with enough side lighting to show the texture. Trees or power lines on distant mountains are a good way to check the infinity focus. Roofing and bricks on houses are a good test closer up.

YUN00143.jpg YUN00065.jpg

The comparison video is meaningless. You can get different results from two H's according to their settings. Judging a pic or video is highly subjective. If we like the pics or videos taken with our CGO3+, that's all that matters, IMHO.
I have to agree with Ray on this. If your camera is doing what you need and looks good to you (and customers if you have them) that is all you need. I think mine looks good and at this point I need to improve my shooting and editing skills.

Reactions: Rayray
I agree that the beauty of a video or still photo is in the eye of the person who took them. I have the original camera untouched and never sent back to Yuneec . I have noticed that the pictures and videos seem to improve with each firmware so I'm happy. And this is what's important to me, ME.

You actually found what works very well in the first video where you were shooting down on the paver driveway. Note the sharpness of the separation lines with the P4 compared to the H.

For the close in work the H appears to have a sharper focus but for more distant stuff the P4 seems to have sharper depth of field. Other than that the two cameras perform similarly. As has been noted before the only thing wrong with the CGO-3 camera is the focus. Correct that and all that's left is the bit rate difference, something that most will not be impacted by. The H gimbal is superior to any of the Phantoms though. IMO it's better than what's found on the stock Inspire as well.

Tell that to the bonehead DJI employee at RCG. He still doesn't get it, or else knows the H is a better video platform but is not allowed to admit it for obvious reasons.

I'm kind of getting tired of this my bone is tastier than your bone argument.

I wasnt trying to make an argument. The video isnt mine i found it on youtube. I was just curious of opinions.

Bill W.

Oh OK. Is he adding its from a cvo3+?

I have yet to see a picture from one photographer that another photographer can't pick apart. The problem we have encountered is one company is doing all it can to scare people away from buying an H. The same process, but not nearly as intense, occurred with the Solo. What's related doesn't need to be the truth or even accurate, it only needs to cause people to have doubt and not make an H purchase.

That a company is putting so much effort into attempts to divert people away from a competitor's product is an act of extreme insecurity. If people take the time to learn their cameras they will obtain good imagery. If all they do is shoot in auto mode they will get crap product with anything they fly. Ya'll should understand the H gimbal outshines anything in class for numerous reasons. So does the H's smoothness in yaw control.

Reactions: Michael Brown

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop