Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

480 battery question

Reaction score
I have been seeing in other forums that the H 480 batterys can be charged over 5400 milliamps to 6300. Now I got a Chroma and I know that the battery's where marked with the wrong information back in the day. Just wondering if this is true and I can charge the 480 batteries to 6300mAh as well. Oh and I'm talking about Yuneec batteries. Thank for any information you all can give.

I have been seeing in other forums that the H 480 batterys can be charged over 5400 milliamps to 6300. Now I got a Chroma and I know that the battery's where marked with the wrong information back in the day. Just wondering if this is true and I can charge the 480 batteries to 6300mAh as well. Oh and I'm talking about Yuneec batteries. Thank for any information you all can give.
The batteries will charge until they reach 4.2 volts per cell regardless of the capacity. So it doesn't really matter the numbers you use as long as the charger doesn't continue to charge higher than that voltage. The rated capacity depends on how far the battery is discharged.

The labels on the very first batteries read 6300. That was in error and they were corrected to read 5400. That number is based on the design capacity when draining to the low voltage level. After market batteries labeled 6300 will generally provide the same flight time as the OEM.

Last edited:

I believe the mAh rating is not a charge value but a charge rate; you don't charge "to" 5400 or 6300 mAh, but rather you charge "at" 5400/6300 mAh. (milliAmper per hour)

Regardless of the current applied to charge the batteries, as Steve previously mentioned, the end voltage for each cell is 4.2V, these 4s packs will top at 16.8 volts.

Greetings!

Spot on Steve and Jules.

To clarify, the maximum voltage of a fully charged pack is per cell is 4.2. This is regardless of the mAh rating. The mAh rating is what your charge 'rate' is determined by. To charge safely, it is advised to charge at 1C, therefore a 6400mAh battery should be charged at 6.4A and a 5400mAh battery at 5.4A.
Even if you have a 6400mAh capacity battery and charge it at the 5.4A charge rate (slightly less than 1C), it will still stop charging once it reaches 4.2v per cell.
I have my charge rate set at 5.4A as I have always made sure that I charge at no more than 1C. Look after your batteries and they will serve you well. Treat them harshly and you'll pay for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval