Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4HAWKS RAPTOR SR RANGE EXTENDER

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am thinking about buying the 4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender. I am wondering if the range extenders are worth the investment and if anyone has experience with the 4HAWKS Raptor SR Range Extender?

Really curious to know how much more distance I would get and if they also expand the range of the video signal.

I have used the Itelite on several controllers including the ST10 and it does improve the signal. Not sure about the range but the video signal is much better.

Reactions: hush
I am thinking about one of these also. I have had several times now encountered Video Signal dropping out and not being about to control the camera either as far as Picture/Video Control until it comes back on. I am going to check with Frank at Carolina Dronz and see which might be better. ITELite or the 4HAWKS. Will let you know what I am going to do.

It's my experience with a flat panel aftermarket antenna the lag is reduced. Since the video is wifi I think it is similar to loading a page with a poor signal vs. a good signal. The better the signal the fast it loads. Since wifi information is sent in digital packets, each packet has to be verified as complete. Every incomplete packet has to be resent. When the signal is poor, many more packets have to be resent which slows down the picture you see.

Does it reduce the lag in the video that you see on the ST10?
Not enough to make it reliable enough to fly by if that's what your asking.The farther away the Q gets the greater the lag. At 2500' I get about a 1-2 second lag (depending). At 5000' it can be as much as 4 seconds. That's not good if your close to anything....

I just installed itelite on my s10 and am dissapointend so far got out to about 500 ft and it disconnects . I let it sit for a sec then it says welcome back pilot . Don't know if it's because the trees around here but I have line of site .

The only way to know is to go to a different area (preferably tree free) and see what you get.
If you get the same results, you might want to pop the box open and check your install again.
The Q mods make a difference too.
:)

Ok so I got out to 1200 ft. But the signal goes in and out . I'm surprised how delayed the transmitter picture is . I don't need to go out miles but I'd really like to be able to hit 2000 ft without delays or issues. When the Q and transmitter lose connection does it continue recording ?

Yes. The Q keeps recording even when the display drops out.
Control for the Q is about a mile. If you lose telemetry in the box, you have lost your connection to the Q for control.

Control for the Q is about a mile. If you lose telemetry in the box, you have lost your connection to the Q for control.
That makes sense. I can't imagine flying out a mile or more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwclarc1