Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

4K video ripple

Reaction score
I just put the CGO3 gimbal and 4k camera on my drone. I was previous using the GoPro gimbal. I flew it for the first time and noticed this ripple in the video. Using the GoPro I would get a shadow ripple when light was come through the blades and hit the camera and the blades were visible in the video. With the CGO3 I don’t get the blades in the video but a ripple will occur in the video but not shadow from the blades. Am I missing something or is there something I should be doing? Here’s a video
. Also I noticed this camera offers a video resolution of 4096x2160. Is there much of a difference in playback compared to 3840x2160? I know 4096x2160 is used in cinema.

a ripple will occur in the video
That is referred to as "Jello". It caused by vibrations getting to the camera. First, check the rubber dampers and make sure they are installed correctly and move freely. Then check the props for balance. Those are the two most likely culprits.
Just to make sure the camera is good, turn in on with no props, start recording video and "hand" fly it around the yard. Check the video. If the jello is gone, then it's the props or the dampers.

Reactions: TheChiefUSN
That is referred to as "Jello". It caused by vibrations getting to the camera. First, check the rubber dampers and make sure they are installed correctly and move freely. Then check the props for balance. Those are the two most likely culprits.
Just to make sure the camera is good, turn in on with no props, start recording video and "hand" fly it around the yard. Check the video. If the jello is gone, then it's the props or the dampers.

The props I just installed by hand and guessed at how tight I should make them. The rubber dampers are those the boots on the gimbal? How would I check or adjust those? I never had issues with the GoPro gimbal

The props I just installed by hand and guessed at how tight I should make them. The rubber dampers are those the boots on the gimbal? How would I check or adjust those? I never had issues with the GoPro gimbal
The props should be tight. I spin them down until they hit the rubber o-ring and then tighten another 1/2 to 3/4 turn. Some people say 1 full turn.
But that would not be the problem. It would with the balancing for the props. It they aren't balanced, they will cause vibration in the aircraft. Sometimes you can see it when it hovers and the landing gear is vibrating a lot.

The dampers are supposed to suppress the vibrations from the aircraft to the gimbal. They work well unless the vibration is really bad or if the dampers aren't seated or can't move freely. You should be able to see the ends of each damper sitting inside the gimbal holes.

I don’t want to sound ignorant but how
would I balance the props if they are off?

There are a few videos on Youtube that show how to balance them. You could also do a search of this forum using the magnifier icon at the upper right of the page.

I use a rod made for the props, screw it on and then lay it across the top of a tall water glass. The heavy side of the prop will go to the bottom.

RC Pilot Supply Yuneec Q500 Speedy Propeller Prop Balance Rod | eBay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval