Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

520 Files now on USA Yuneec

Excellent, was waiting for this - was unsure if it would be wise to download the files from the GB site
BTW dont see any information on how to update the firmware/software in the manual. What order do I do this in? Any advice on how to install welcomed

The 520 Autopilot firmware is probably the only thing you need. Put that file on a clean micro card, put the card into the craft camera.
With a charged battery, turn on the craft. It does not seem to matter if the ST16s in on or not. Don't touch anything, observe the camera indicator light. It flashes awhile, then goes solid green. Once you are reasonably sure it is stable, turn off the craft.

Take out the card and check it in a computer. The file should be gone, and a success.txt or some such is now on the card.
That's all there is to it. Now you should be able fly without the spurious "Datalink" lost notices.
Yuneec recommends re-calibrations after firmware updates.

Happy flying..:)

The 520 Autopilot firmware is probably the only thing you need. Put that file on a clean micro card, put the card into the craft camera.
With a charged battery, turn on the craft. It does not seem to matter if the ST16s in on or not. Don't touch anything, observe the camera indicator light. It flashes awhile, then goes solid green. Once you are reasonably sure it is stable, turn off the craft.

Take out the card and check it in a computer. The file should be gone, and a success.txt or some such is now on the card.
That's all there is to it. Now you should be able fly without the spurious "Datalink" lost notices.

Thanks RayRay, I never would have guessed at how to do that. So I dont need the other three files - firmware.bin, datapilot.apk, gimbal.yuneec?

I don't know, you'll need to check what your camera has now. There is also a DataPilot Planner for computers.

@Kev Waite had the update instructions for the Autopilot.

oh found out that you can tap screen to an area and the drone just heads there. the screen with square y and round home point not the video.

Reactions: Haydn
I don't know, you'll need to check what your camera has now. There is also a DataPilot Planner for computers.

Hello,
Is there a way to find the actual firmware/software installed on the camera, ST16s and H520?
I've not been able to locate this and the regulator over here requires this to be annotated (and to be able to prove) in my documents for commercial ops.
Thank you in anticipation.

Hello,
Is there a way to find the actual firmware/software installed on the camera, ST16s and H520?
I've not been able to locate this and the regulator over here requires this to be annotated (and to be able to prove) in my documents for commercial ops.
Thank you in anticipation.
All good. Found it on the Vehicle page on the ST16s.

All good. Found it on the Vehicle page on the ST16s.
A little lost (Yuneec is quite different to DJI I am used to).
Current flight controller on Yuneec website: V1.162-1.1.6 / On vehicle page of st16s - 1.1.6 (so I assume this is current?)
Camera version 1.0.2_E
Gimbal version 1.31.0
Datapilot version on yuneec website is 1.1.21 / on vehicle page of st16s is 1.1.9 (Assume this is incorrect - even though a report was remaining on the sd card after insertion then removal post restart?)
Also how does one update the ST16s firmware - I'm guessing there is no update on the ST16s available yet?
Apologies if these questions appear trivial/simple.

A little lost (Yuneec is quite different to DJI I am used to).
Current flight controller on Yuneec website: V1.162-1.1.6 / On vehicle page of st16s - 1.1.6 (so I assume this is current?)
Camera version 1.0.2_E
Gimbal version 1.31.0
Datapilot version on yuneec website is 1.1.21 / on vehicle page of st16s is 1.1.9 (Assume this is incorrect - even though a report was remaining on the sd card after insertion then removal post restart?)
Also how does one update the ST16s firmware - I'm guessing there is no update on the ST16s available yet?
Apologies if these questions appear trivial/simple.

You have to update the DataPilots or ST16S which is the same. I found a video where he explains how to do it.

Basic procedures with the H520 and cameras

Reactions: Haydn

Dont see datapilot for computer anywhere? The instructions for updating datapilot in controller, while in German, are easy to follow.

Dont see datapilot for computer anywhere? The instructions for updating datapilot in controller, while in German, are easy to follow.
Awesome, Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Now just have to get the maps sorted....

maps sorted. first flight undertaken. beautiful machine. Looking forward to utilising it to its capacity. certainly different to my DJI products.
Thanks everyone for their help. It's a positive supportive online community such as this that fosters a little faith in humankind and the sharing nature of the Yuneec faithful.

Reactions: Ddraiggoch

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!

Let's try that again shall we :(

Extremely straightforward, except mine fails to connect.

I have tried excluding, including the other files to no avail.

This is a new SD card, 32Gb, U3, SanDisk Extreme Plus

It seemed to connect once and did my maiden flight, lasted about 10 meters and Data Loss message.

Come to look at the SD card that was in the camera and nothing other than the card getting extremely hot.

Talk about frustrating!!!!!

This fella me lad is doing his happy dance.

After trying different (physically, same brand) SD cards I gave up, packed everything away and went to feed my face.

Called CS and sat back to wait their call back.

Tum, tee, tumm .... reformated all SD cards, FULL format NOT the quick and tried again.

It worked!????!!!

3 seconds later CS called back.

Sigh .... red faced I explained.

Perhaps I will check out the E50 tomorrow.
Wish me luck

Am sure this is a typo. Manual pg 3. "one-inch lens with seven CCDs to capture high quality images..."
Wow, 7 image sensors? A 1" Lens? Am sure they meant a 7 element lens and a 1" (inch) CCD sensor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio