Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

520e Battery

Reaction score
Website
daytonadrone.com
I reviewed the posts seeking information on the 520E battery and looking for spares. I read the post on dec 2020 about the battery being Li-ion . I am looking for an update to the battery saga, my choice would be li-ion. I am looking for a couple batteries from a US supplier if possible and a charger, that is if it's recommended to upgrade the charger for the 520E. My unit is in the mail, there definitely will be some reading and learning to come. I recently have been building a couple commercial class drones for business but the process is slow when all the different hardware and software components are purchased individually and then made to work together. I found myself doing to much learning and not enough flying, my objective is commercial drone operation. If there is a known solution that would be helpful

Reactions: Steve Carr
Yes of course, I was kinda looking for more information on the battery and potential alternatives. The manufacture also lists the battery as
lithium ion. I will have to purchase 11 in order to get close to reasonable price. I have a battery manufacture I deal with and will see if they can produce one at a price around 100.​

Right now I am testing third party gifi h3 can be used on h520e for are with e90 I can get up tp 29min 10 sec 24min on e30zx. got that battery for 130.00 from gifi web site.

Reactions: jensenjim
Mr Davidson, I have not received my 520e yet so I am not able to see or touch. Do you have any experience with an adapter cable like this.
MaximalPower GIFI Power 3-Port Charging Plug Cable for YUNEEC Typhoon H Battery Charger
I have a couple different chargers, New good brands, I have read "get a new charger" but no additional information provided. Batteries are the life blood of this machine, This topic should be covered in depth. Thank You for providing your insight and experience

those cables are for h480 batteries only. if you have the first gen h520 . you can use the h480 flight batteries if you have any on the first gen h520. there are cables available for h3 slash 2nd gen h520 flight battery you can grab them at vertigo drones or yuneec skins. how long ago did you order your 2nd gen h520e. and what payload did you get for it. I have one of the cables for the h480 batteries myself. I have 20 h480 flight batteries I use on the first gen h520 I have.

MaximalPower GIFI Power 3-Port Charging Plug Cable for YUNEEC Typhoon H Battery Charger
This cable is for Typhoon H only, not the one needed for H3 or H520E. (There is a further kind for H Plus and H520.)
On Thursday the 29th July 2021 I was told via phone by my dealer that there are a dual chargers (3rd/4th gen DY5 style, Yuneec branded) on the way for the H520E's Li-Ion batteries.
Now we are talking! (first time actually that I started thinking seriously about pruchasing the H520E RTK, after DataPilot V2 is "on air"...)

those cables are for h480 batteries only. if you have the first gen h520 . you can use the h480 flight batteries if you have any on the first gen h520. there are cables available for h3 slash 2nd gen h520 flight battery you can grab them at vertigo drones or yuneec skins. how long ago did you order your 2nd gen h520e. and what payload did you get for it. I have one of the cables for the h480 batteries myself. I have 20 h480 flight batteries I use on the first gen h520 I have.

Great information, I will explain my reasoning. Firstly the unit arrives thurs. H520E with E90X
As far as batteries I have been trying to identify the many battery types in another forum and have researched the li-po types. The lithium-ion (li-ion) is the battery that is identified in my setup. This is older technology in the lipo history and use the cylindrical and prismatic cells, which have a rigid metal case , unless it's the newer
lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4)
I was hoping to get the chemistry of the new battery to better understand the technology
I did locate another battery adapter ,says 520e but out of stock. It's just a learning curve for me as far as the 520e drone but I think it's the right drone for so many applications, plus I dont like DJI, I always root for the underdog

The batteries for the H520e are LiHV and are charged to 4.4V/cell for full charge. Nominal voltage is3.85V/cell (4S 15.4V pack). Several sites list them as Li-ion, but they are a higher voltage form of LiPo (lithium polymer) technology.

It would be great if Yuneec would publish true and consistent specifications for the batteries used in the H3 and H520e batteries.

The batteries for the H520e are LiHV and are charged to 4.4V/cell for full charge. Nominal voltage is3.85V/cell (4S 15.4V pack). Several sites list them as Li-ion, but they are a higher voltage form of LiPo (lithium polymer) technology.

It would be great if Yuneec would publish true and consistent specifications for the batteries used in the H3 and H520e batteries.
Thanks, The information is getting better, LiHV I will have to research. Do you have a working solution for the battery charger and alternative battery for the 520E. Do you have any thoughts on terrance solution using the GiFi h3 battery. I am new to Yuneec products, I was under the impression they supported open source development. I am all in with this product, I had been building custom large build quads but to get innovation and reliability this is my solution, my focus now is flying missions and developing solutions using reliable, stable drones and I hope to master this design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval