Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A Big Thank You To An Amazing And Generous Member!

Reaction score
Hello,

A few months ago, a accidentally crashed my H while being distracted by a curious bystander. I was attempting to hand catch the H like I always do 99% of the time. I was using the "push the red button for a second at a time" to get the H low enough for me to grad a skid. I pushed for more than a second at about 30 feet and the motors stopped! Long story short she came crashing down on the sand and damaged an arm latch and the camera beyond repair! :mad:

I was able to replace the latch and had a spare CGO3+ standing by but the camera had no power. I reached out for help from a senior member in here and was advised the fuse for that supplies power for the camera blew in the crash....a common thing. This member offered to take a look at my H and fix it for me since, I didn't have a good experience with a local drone vendor. He not only fixed the fuse but, he also replaced my FC because the H was hard to control after the crash. He just asked me to just reimburse him for any parts he replaced. I got my H back good as new along with outstanding "customer service to boot!"

Just when you think humans don't treat each other with kindness anymore - someone always proves you wrong. This forum has always been a great source for getting help but, I never anticipated this act of kindness. The member requested I not name him - such a humble man. All I can say is a thousand thank you's to this person. :) Thank you for allowing me to fly again Mr. S!

I'm glad you got it going. However, please take a few moments to review the new flight rules for recreational sUAS. Where you are flying is in a zero altitude grid that requires a waiver from air traffic control to operate.

Thanks I'm aware of the new rules. If you check the date this video was taken - that zero altitude grid was not yet applicable in the area north of Santa Clara Ave. I have a 107 certificate and follow all rules. I do get waivers for wedding and other videos I shoot north of Santa Clara Ave. (Zero Altitude Grid) South of that where I was flying is under a 50 -altitude grid. Are you from San Diego?

Cool. I did not see a date stamp since I did not go to YouTube to watch it.. When did LAANC become effective down there?

And no, I live in Orange County but know San Diego very well.

Last edited:
Hello,

A few months ago, a accidentally crashed my H while being distracted by a curious bystander. I was attempting to hand catch the H like I always do 99% of the time. I was using the "push the red button for a second at a time" to get the H low enough for me to grad a skid. I pushed for more than a second at about 30 feet and the motors stopped! Long story short she came crashing down on the sand and damaged an arm latch and the camera beyond repair! :mad:

I was able to replace the latch and had a spare CGO3+ standing by but the camera had no power. I reached out for help from a senior member in here and was advised the fuse for that supplies power for the camera blew in the crash....a common thing. This member offered to take a look at my H and fix it for me since, I didn't have a good experience with a local drone vendor. He not only fixed the fuse but, he also replaced my FC because the H was hard to control after the crash. He just asked me to just reimburse him for any parts he replaced. I got my H back good as new along with outstanding "customer service to boot!"

Just when you think humans don't treat each other with kindness anymore - someone always proves you wrong. This forum has always been a great source for getting help but, I never anticipated this act of kindness. The member requested I not name him - such a humble man. All I can say is a thousand thank you's to this person. :) Thank you for allowing me to fly again Mr. S!

no one gave any problems about flying mission beach? every time i try to fly a beach someone has something to say, the only beach i am able to fly cardiff.

Reactions: Byterain77
Love flying that beach, but typically will only fly my Splashdrone, water and such, just in case. And Splashdrone has no fence. You get out of NFZ just north of PB Drive (a block or so south of the pier), technically Pacific Beach. I don't remember you asking me if you could film my house ;)

Reactions: william lewis

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox