Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A few questions on battery chargers for H+

Reaction score
So I want be able to charge 2 H+ at the same time..Been looking at the DY5 charger and reviews seen to say they charge packs pretty fast...OR I also have a nice I-charger and 1000w power supply that I could hopefully use...
Q.can I just get 2 sets of charge cables and balance boards and use my I-charger?
Ive seen the cable set on line and wondering if anybody uses them or,,do I just get the DY5 charger...Any feedback is welcome and where to look for the charge cables/balance boards ty

I charge my batteries using the DY5 and it will take about an hour from around 50-55% to full charge. The storage mode however can easily take 3-4 hours so if possible try to fly the extra batteries down to 55-60% and then maybe use the DY5 for the rest :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
I charge my batteries using the DY5 and it will take about an hour from around 50-55% to full charge. The storage mode however can easily take 3-4 hours so if possible try to fly the extra batteries down to 55-60% and then maybe use the DY5 for the rest :)
Same here DY5 does the job for me. Even on full days I can easily keep the drone in air if I constantly have 2 batteries in the charger.

Ty for the quick repleys! ..So the DY5 charger is for the typhoon H plus batteries.??
I think ill try it and also order some cables to also use my i charger....trying to find the cabled in the U.S i have seen then on some UK sites for the typhoon H (480)

Ty for the quick repleys! ..So the DY5 charger is for the typhoon H plus batteries.??
I think ill try it and also order some cables to also use my i charger....trying to find the cabled in the U.S i have seen then on some UK sites for the typhoon H (480)
DY5 is for the plus. The leads to fit a third party charger are rare, the eBay shows H 480 I believe, so will not work with plus, the balance plug/pins are different.

Last edited:
Viking, please give good information, the cables you give are for H, not for H + or H520. this will avoid unnecessary purchases. The cables for the h + and h520 are T-Dean pins. The H battery cables do not fit on the H + and H520 batteries as they are round contacts for the balance.

Viking, please give good information, the cables you give are for H, not for H + or H520. this will avoid unnecessary purchases. The cables for the h + and h520 are T-Dean pins. The H battery cables do not fit on the H + and H520 batteries as they are round contacts for the balance.
You've got more chance bumping into Elvis than getting H plus leads.

• Haha
Reactions: Steve Carr

Reactions: Deleted member 6299
Before you order the adapter cables make certain your charger will work with LiHV batteries (Lithium High Voltage). I could find no reference for the I-charger to indicate it will work on those.

The charge cables you see are different for the H versus the H+. Make sure you get the H+ cables if that is what you have.

I use this charger on my H+ packs, but tend to charge at 1C. Also keep in mind that the H+ uses LiHV packs which are fully charged at 4.35 volts/cell versus 4.2 volts per cell for the lipos used in the H.

I bought this cable. Adapter do ładowania akumulatora H520
I have an standard imax charger for this. The battery does not charge up to full power (I have to put in the end of the yuneec charger), if I want to discharge the battery from 100% to storage then first I have to unload it a little in the drone. This is due to the fact that the battery has more volts/cell.

I have an standard imax charger
Your charger will not fully charge a LiHV battery. It will shut off when the voltage reaches 16.8v. A fully charged LiHV is 17.4v.
The method you are using will work but you need a different charger if you wish to shorten the charging time.

The SkyRC D100 / Yuneec A10 will charge two batteries but only at 3.2 amps each because it is a 100 watt unit. If you want to charge two batteries at 5.2 amps one of these would work:
D400 Charger
Note discharge is very slow with these units as they only discharge at 10 watts
Whatever you get it needs 100 watts per channel and LiHV mode

The SkyRC D100 / Yuneec A10 will charge two batteries but only at 3.2 amps each because it is a 100 watt unit. If you want to charge two batteries at 5.2 amps one of these would work:
D400 Charger
Depends what your budget is? The difference is a few minutes with DY5, RC100/200/400 for me personally.

D400 Charger
DC supply?

Depends what your budget is? The difference is a few minutes with DY5, RC100/200/400 for me personally.
DY5 looks good and very easy to use, but it is specific to one battery so would be a lot of money even if you could order one. It is 140 euros and currently out of stock.
A D400 is ~180 and 2*balance adapter for typhoon h+ 34 so about 220 euros total (plus shipping) so it is a lot more. And you have to learn how to use it.
But you can use it for other batteries and future drones. And use it as a desktop power supply.

DY5 looks good and very easy to use, but it is specific to one battery so would be a lot of money even if you could order one. It is 140 euros and currently out of stock.
A D400 is ~180 and 2*balance adapter for typhoon h+ 34 so about 220 euros total (plus shipping) so it is a lot more. And you have to learn how to use it.
But you can use it for other batteries and future drones. And use it as a desktop power supply.
Like you say Third party chargers best solution, I don't know what supply of the dedicated charging cable are like, a few have posted links, I find websites claim to have items in stock, but quite often it's for order, I think you'll have to do a bit of detective work and see who has them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trepox