Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A New Q500 4K pilot

Reaction score
Getting an error message when I press the video button, "failure to record" So I switched out the SD card and it worked for about 5 minutes and then went back to notifying me again "failure to record. What's going on? Is it possible to get debris inside? Any help will be appreciated.
U know that 4K has amazing photography, but...I'd like to record. The flying experience is great but to also record at the same time and film my sister and her husband dance together in a meadow is priceless!!! Don't ask. An help is appreciated!

Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a card problem, it's a heating problem.. I have the same problem, camera working just for few minutes and after that failed to record. I've send it to Yuneec under warranty and they replace the camera with comments "Camera board misfunction".
So :( i don't want to say, but i'm more than 90% sure that is the problem. Even if you change card with other problem still exist.

Sorry about that.

Is the fan working? Some have disabled the fan because they leave the microphone on. Not good for the camera at all. Usually those using the SteadyCam.

Thanks all, since I bought it third party don't think Yuneec will fix it under warranty. I'll try some of the other fixes. Appreciate the help.

C

Getting an error message when I press the video button, "failure to record" So I switched out the SD card and it worked for about 5 minutes and then went back to notifying me again "failure to record. What's going on? Is it possible to get debris inside? Any help will be appreciated.
U know that 4K has amazing photography, but...I'd like to record. The flying experience is great but to also record at the same time and film my sister and her husband dance together in a meadow is priceless!!! Don't ask. An help is appreciated!

Craig
There are question here that you have not answered. In order to figure out what is causing your problem, it is important to reply back to all questions.

There are question here that you have not answered. In order to figure out what is causing your problem, it is important to reply back to all questions.
Murray has stated the key problem. The answers above are not conflicting. They are addressing some of the more common possibilities that are seen on the forum. They are guesses. The reason they are guesses is because we don't have enough information on the history of the camera, exactly what you are trying to do, or any real details about what symptoms you are currently seeing. In order to have any hope of finding the specific problem (there are several that result in that error message), you must become an active participant in the resolution. Here are some things we would need to know:
1.) You mentioned the camera was recording properly before. What changed?
a.) Perhaps a period of storage?
b.) Perhaps a crash?
c.) Was the camera used or stored where debris, dust, moisture is a possibility?
2.) You mentioned changing SD cards after the problem began.
a.) Was the first card the same card that was in use when the camera was working properly?
b.) What is the brand, type and size of the cards you are using? (A picture of the SD card would be great.)
c.) What format version are you using on the cards? (Fat32, xFAT, etc)
d.) Have the cards been formatted recently?
3.) What video resolution are you using?
4.) Will the camera record at lower video resolutions and frame rates?
5.) Will the camera record still images?
6.) Are you having any other video related problems with the camera? Does the image on-screen remain good, even when you get the error message?
7.) Does the camera ever shutdown and restart by itself?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parisaline