I have to keep telling myself that the wait is a blessing for me,
Usually I jump in and buy something and in haste I short cut reading the manual fast fwd through tutorials and then something bad happens, with this one I've read the manual four times watched all the videos six times by the the time I get it I'll know it in side and out
Hi guys. Just joined this forum. As a long time RC nutter and tech freak I am used to just sitting back and waiting for things to take their course. So these delays are really no major issue for me. I emailed our New Zealand distributor of Yuneec today asking about pricing and accessory availability etc. I received an immediate response stating that the Typhoon H shipment was on it's way and should be here about mid May. They also mentioned a price of NZ$2200-2800 which is about $500 more than the Australian shops are advertising (after currency conversion) The bigger point they made is that they are not taking pre orders as they have information alluding to a price change before actual shipment. Made me wonder if I should pre order from Australia at a known price which I think is pretty good.
Yeah, I priced the H up at B&H in the US and the shipped price was NZ$2043 but will need to add 15% tax and goodness knows how much import duty (that seems to be a hit and miss affair). So I would guess around the NZ$2400 mark. The $2800 price kinda worried me as that didn't include our 15% GST tax. A pre order from the States is looking more tempting. I know the charger is 110-220volts so no drama there, just change the plug and away we go.
Just check it complies with your equivalent of CASA in NZ.
If you import it yourself, you're responsible for the compliance as far as I can tell, but if you buy through a local dealer they bear the burden.
Hi Chris, not an issue. I currently fly a large hexa that I built up from imported components that has an AUW of 6.9kg. Our rules only require UAV's to be certified or checked over by the authorised agent for rigs over 25kg.