Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

? About cgo3 ext. ant. Mod

Reaction score
I ordered an ext ant mod for my q500 4k cgo3 and im wondering if removing stock ant. Affected balance on the gimble? Could stock ant be left in and use shrink tube on connector or is it best to remove it?
I live in an area with tall pines around (national forest), stock ant on st10+ got me about 500' before video would freeze. Installed itelite dbs and got about 1350' before video would freeze. At 1350, I could see it well and still be able to determine it's orientation without looking at monitor. Really not looking to go much farther than 1500, just good constant signal.

The Q mods can make all the difference.
More than balance, you need to be selective on how you route the wire leaving the camera.
Keep in mind... when the camera tries to aim down, it can stall if the wire is not long enough or at the wrong angle.
This will cause the camera to "Bounce" up and down as it tries to overcome the problem and aim as you requested.
On the flip side, if the camera is aimed down it can hang in a similar manner when trying to aim up/forward.
Just think it through before you start poking holes in the camera shell. Think about where you will anchor the wire outside of the camera so as to minimize the binding and hanging up issue.

The Q mods can make all the difference.
More than balance, you need to be selective on how you route the wire leaving the camera.
Keep in mind... when the camera tries to aim down, it can stall if the wire is not long enough or at the wrong angle.
This will cause the camera to "Bounce" up and down as it tries to overcome the problem and aim as you requested.
On the flip side, if the camera is aimed down it can hang in a similar manner when trying to aim up/forward.
Just think it through before you start poking holes in the camera shell. Think about where you will anchor the wire outside of the camera so as to minimize the binding and hanging up issue.

Yeah, I don't figure on drilling holes, I'll run it out the heat sink vent and use a very small zip tie through the heat sink vent to secure the wire itself to the camera. Then I'll use a loose zip tie on the frame so the wire has movement inside the zip tie.

Update;

I got the camera antenna mod and installed it, went very well. As a note, camera housings are flimsy, (no, I didn't break it, lol), have to be carefully with it.

In my area, with tall Pine trees all around, stock, I got about 500' away before video would freeze. Installed itelite dbs and got 1350 before video would freeze. Installed camera ant. Mod and went 1500 with no problem with video freezing, could have gone more easily, but 1500 is about my los max distance with my aging eyes.

So, I got triple distance at least as advertised and satisfied with the mods. On a side note, it seems i got 3 more minutes out of my battery, could be battery is just getting broken in, but weird. So a big thumbs up!!!

Can you send me the link on your camera mod where did you bought it?

Update;

I got the camera antenna mod and installed it, went very well. As a note, camera housings are flimsy, (no, I didn't break it, lol), have to be carefully with it.

In my area, with tall Pine trees all around, stock, I got about 500' away before video would freeze. Installed itelite dbs and got 1350 before video would freeze. Installed camera ant. Mod and went 1500 with no problem with video freezing, could have gone more easily, but 1500 is about my los max distance with my aging eyes.

So, I got triple distance at least as advertised and satisfied with the mods. On a side note, it seems i got 3 more minutes out of my battery, could be battery is just getting broken in, but weird. So a big thumbs up!!!
Cna

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio