Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Accessing logs on the H Plus

Reaction score
Website
daytonadrone.com
Is there a text doc to guid through looking at log files. I watched the steve video but just couldn't complete it. I downloaded the log files .ulg, ran qgroundcontrol but from there I get wrong file type
found it

Last edited:
Is there a text doc to guid through looking at log files. I watched the steve video but just couldn't complete it. I downloaded the log files .ulg, ran qgroundcontrol but from there I get wrong file type
found it
well almost. qgroundcontrol (latest) says it doesn't work with the px4 ver on my plus. (sidebar)
so I have files off the drone but qgc cant read them
as far as the drone control computer, if my drone doesn't have a camera, what is the procedure to update the .bin file

I still have some confusion as th the drone control board. With my home builds(pixhawk) you use px4 to upload the binary. If i use qgroundcontrol it says it's a custom setup.
so what are people using to put the code on the drone directly and is there anyone that has used the latest px4 and pushed it to the control board using yuncee config from older files. I was under the assumption that yuncee made developer files available

The H520 is the only Yuneec aircraft that they released the SDK for. They may have one for the H520e also.

Yuneec uses their own variant of PX4 and third party bin files will likely brick the aircraft. You can use QGC to download the ulg (ulog) files from the aircraft, but you need to upload them to PX4 viewer online and share the link.

You can also download the flightlogs from the ST16S controller and upload them here for analysis. You can find instructions in this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev81-pdf.26203/ in Attachment 62.

Reactions: WTFDproject
Great info, thanks. for some reason I get telemetry only sometimes
no battery info no GPS info. I have 2 controllers st16s both, both with current software so it leads me to believe there is an issue with the drone controller. I am trying to upload a .bin directly to the drone control board

If you change the mainboard you will need to install new firmware on both the aircraft and the controller.
Did you check to see what firmware is currently installed on the H Plus?

And, no, the 520 would need an E90 camera to install the firmware.

If you change the mainboard you will need to install new firmware on both the aircraft and the controller.
Did you check to see what firmware is currently installed on the H Plus?

And, no, the 520 would need an E90 camera to install the firmware.
I haven't been able to get the controller to re-connect. I'll try again tomorrow. no GPS info or battery charge level
It controls the drone, I flew it several flights today, not sure any were without gps. I stopped flying when I realized the telemetry quit. Like I mentioned I have 2 st16s controllers and they have different versions of software, It's possible only one is connecting but I didn't pay attention to which was which. I have identified each unit now so will write down software versions and connection results. I.m not flying this until I figure it out. If I have to purchase a camera I will but it's not what I wanted to do. I have a gopro9 mounted and it's the camera I wanted to fly with. I will even consider another manufactured controller and esc and convert the a/c completely to pix hawk. If you ask me having to be locked into a payload for each aircraft is just dumb and screws up a lot of people that like to develop custom solutions.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I will check an H Plus in a moment. I think the telemetry will not be displayed without the camera mounted. And the compass cannot be calibrated without the camera mounted as well.

When the H Plus is bound to the aircraft, the two rear motor lights should flash blue. If they are flashing rapidly blue, the aircraft is not bound. In that case you must invert the aircraft for a moment. All the motor lights will flash light green. Then you can bind it to the controller.

I have had success with binding each controller and both fly the drone. I did indeed have one of the controllers receiving the telemetry , both gps and battery level so I can confirm it works it's just I was doing other stuff and not paying attention to which controller was which. It was super hot today and I could not concentrate and I didn't record any results. I'll run the a/c tomorrow

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm totally dead now. I get binded and the test rc works but the drone no longer activates
Oh yeah, Thanks for the help to this point. The more I learn the more I question my loyalty to This brand. I have to figure out how to get an update to the controller without a camera. Maybe purchase a h plus mainboard. Maybe just put it on the shelf till I can find someone who has figured out a better control setup. Starting to understand why the brand is not competitive

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
H Plus has two connections:
- 2.4GHz to control the a/c, ZigBee protocol
- 5GHz WiFi to control camera and data, MAVlink

The 5GHz transceiver is in the camera, unfortunately. To use full feature set, you need the 5GHz connection, with other words, the camera.

For H520 I found a replacement for WiFi part of the camera based on ESP8266 Wifi Modul. It is for the H520 but I think it should work for H Plus too (I don't have one, never tested that stuff). It is from a German forum:
Basically it is this: ESP8266 wifi telemetry — Copter documentation
This module gives you the possibility to use any payload you want to.

-----------------

Regarding the logs:
The ULOG files from the drone can be analyzed by PX4 Flight Review:
Some description here:

The flight logs from ST16S are similar to legacy Yuneec flight logs (Telemetry / Remote /Remote GPS via 2.4GHz ZigBee). The files in folder Sensor are MAVlink messages that should be readable by QGC. But the sensor files are probably empty because the 5GHz connection is missing when you don't have a camera.

The meaning of the logs are described here (as far as could find out, there is nothing from Yuneec):

You can download atool to read those data:
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz

br HE

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7cyclops
I Bricked it. Spent the day trying to find a way to put the code directly to the control board. I was able to communicate to it, I think I wrote the .yuncee bin file to it through qgroundcontrol. either way my H+ is dead.
after the thing bolted on me the other day and when I realized it's useless with out a FACTORY camera I don't care. I'll stick it in a box and put it on a shelf. My plan is to gut it and install a opensource px4 or Arduino pilot controller with an open source gimbal and camera setup. Being locked into a build that requires sending stuff back to the manufacture limits creative development. I wish I could use this st16s controller, I actually like how it is designed

Yuneec firmware/HW is not open source. You cannot expect that all will work under all circumstances. H520/H Plus FW was developed on base of PX4 Autopilot but developer got non-disclosure agreement.
The only open part I know was the SR24 module for the 2.4GHz ZigBee receiver.

There is a customized firmware for Typhoon H on base of PX4 Autopilot available. I do not know if it will work for H Plus. But maybe ESC adresses and protocol, SR24 and other things will be the same from HW point of view.

If the H Plus is bricked it may be a way to reanimate it.

And yes, it is a known issue that FW update using QGC will brick the drone.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Yuneec firmware/HW is not open source. You cannot expect that all will work under all circumstances. H520/H Plus FW was developed on base of PX4 Autopilot but developer got non-disclosure agreement.
The only open part I know was the SR24 module for the 2.4GHz ZigBee receiver.

There is a customized firmware for Typhoon H on base of PX4 Autopilot available. I do not know if it will work for H Plus. But maybe ESC adresses and protocol, SR24 and other things will be the same from HW point of view.

If the H Plus is bricked it may be a way to reanimate it.

And yes, it is a known issue that FW update using QGC will brick the drone.

br HE
what are your thoughts and knowledge of the 520 code. did yuncee actually release the developer version and where is that available. The 3dr 520g also. has anyone in this community worked with these? I have read the posts on the hplus to 520 conversion but it's appears only one, why wouldn't this be a great mod, I will do that for 300 dollar mainboard, even if I didn't get access to the firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval