Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Accessories for q500 4K +

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I have crashed my Q500 into a tree and I have no way or was unable to retrieve it from the tree. Worse of it have been sitting on the tree for a few days when he had rain and cooler nights that we had dew on the grass. So I have no plans or ever tying to retrieve the drone in the near future. So I am now selling whatever remains on the Typhoon Q500 4K+, they are all in good condition. I can ship but would prefer to sell locally. I have the aluminum case (no trolley), ST-10 + Remote, the charger for the battery (the whole set of course), 5 props, the camera cover, the handheld Steady shot which was never used, the box that came with all the wires etc, I have 2 sets of the styro case since I brought the aluminum case separately and it came with the styro, original box of the drone. BTW, I have crashed it in the past, and the soldered wires from the drone to the camera broke, so the extra set of wires to connect the gimbal to the drone is not included since it was connected to the drone. I'm not sure what a good price to ask but have been looking around, the aluminum case runs between $80 to about $100, and the St-16 + remote runs about the same so I am asking about $180 for the lot. Let me know. Thank you. BTW, I am in Illinois about 40 miles south of Chicago. Thanks.

Last edited:
So I have crashed my Q500 into a tree and I have no way or was unable to retrieve it from the tree. Worse of it have been sitting on the tree for a few days when he had rain and cooler nights that we had dew on the grass. So I have no plans or ever tying to retrieve the drone in the near future. So I am now selling whatever remains on the Typhoon Q500 4K+, they are all in good condition. I can ship but would prefer to sell locally. I have the aluminum case (no trolley), ST-16 + Remote, the charger for the battery (the whole set of course), 5 props, the camera cover, the handheld Steady shot which was never used, the box that came with all the wires etc, I have 2 sets of the styro case since I brought the aluminum case separately and it came with the styro, original box of the drone. BTW, I have crashed it in the past, and the soldered wires from the drone to the camera broke, so the extra set of wires to connect the gimbal to the drone is not included since it was connected to the drone. I'm not sure what a good price to ask but have been looking around, the aluminum case runs between $80 to about $100, and the St-16 + remote runs about the same so I am asking about $180 for the lot. Let me know. Thank you. BTW, I am in Illinois about 40 miles south of Chicago. Thanks.
I had one land in the top of a tree. I called a tree service and the guy climbed the tree with spikes and a harness. Cost me $60 to get it back. Have you tried that? I found the service listed on Facebook under the buy, sell, trade page for my area.

I had one land in the top of a tree. I called a tree service and the guy climbed the tree with spikes and a harness. Cost me $60 to get it back. Have you tried that? I found the service listed on Facebook under the buy, sell, trade page for my area.
No I have not. Problem is that it is near the top of the tree where there are no large branches, plus I don't know if it's worth the $60, when the drone have been sitting up their for about 4 days now- not sure if it's worth saving.

been looking around in my area for a tree service, so far, the cheapest I've found is $150 to retrieve the drone. Not sure if I should just put that money towards a new one. Then there is the legal issue, cannot get on the tree until my neighbor signs off on it, I believe this is not worth the hassle and legal problems.

Last edited:
I understand. It will likely come down on it's own during a storm, or at least part way down. You might be surprised at how well it does with the rain. A week or two, it will probably be ok. After a couple of months it will start get corrosion on the connections. The battery will be toast.

I understand. It will likely come down on it's own during a storm, or at least part way down. You might be surprised at how well it does with the rain. A week or two, it will probably be ok. After a couple of months it will start get corrosion on the connections. The battery will be toast.
Yup, I know. Unfortunately I ended buying a different brand, now I'm tempted to put a rope and a hook on the new drone and try to retrieve the one stuck. But I'll probably not gonna do that, the last thing I need is having to expensive drones stuck on the same tree but I am however thinking of taking a vid of the downed drone.

If it was sitting on a roof then I would do the drone rescue thing. In the tree.....ah, no. It would be my luck to get the hook caught on a branch and not be able to get it back.
The tree service guy climbed as high as he felt safe and then used and extension pole to push it free. I bungeed a couple of tarps 4' above the ground to catch it. Great plan except the thing hit a branch and deflected on the way down. Missed the tarp by about 8".

If it was sitting on a roof then I would do the drone rescue thing. In the tree.....ah, no. It would be my luck to get the hook caught on a branch and not be able to get it back.
The tree service guy climbed as high as he felt safe and then used and extension pole to push it free. I bungeed a couple of tarps 4' above the ground to catch it. Great plan except the thing hit a branch and deflected on the way down. Missed the tarp by about 8".
That's a bummer, so I did fly over the tree, got the new drone as low as I can, was unable to see the drone from the top view, my guess is it's probably about 3-4 feet deep in the middle of the tree from the top and maybe another foot or foot and a half from the side. I loved my Typhoon Q500 4K, it's great but I bought an Autel as my replacement drone and even with it's smaller body, it seem sturdier so I am happy. Thanks for the tree service tip though, I would have gone through with it until the tree service guys told me about the potential problems I didn't even think off.

Up to the top. Lol, still for sale, I got this on ebay, but will ask $150 here instead of $180 plus shipping cost of course. Plus I made a error but you guys probably know about it already, The remote is an St-10 not ST-16, now sure why I keep making that error.

Would you be willing to part with just the aluminum case, insert and the props?

Would you be willing to part with just the aluminum case, insert and the props?
actually, the drone fell off the tree about 2 weeks ago, just forgot to update this, so I will attempt to repair the drone, so no longer for sale at this time

Reactions: Steve Carr
actually, the drone fell off the tree about 2 weeks ago, just forgot to update this, so I will attempt to repair the drone, so no longer for sale at this time
Good choice. It's a real boost to your confidence when you can repair them yourself.

Good choice. It's a real boost to your confidence when you can repair them yourself.
haven't attempted it yet, I figured it may cost me about $200 over all cost, but that is just my guess-timate. Assuming the electronics are not shot.

If you have a battery that works, you can connect the Q to your computer and check the whole system with the GUI including each motor.

If you have a battery that works, you can connect the Q to your computer and check the whole system with the GUI including each motor.
Yup, that's the first thing I need to get, the original one is shot, do you suggest a Yuneec battery or generic one that one can buy at Amazon?

Yup, that's the first thing I need to get, the original one is shot, do you suggest a Yuneec battery or generic one that one can buy at Amazon?
Generic is fine at half the cost. Did you check the voltage on the old one?

Generic is fine at half the cost. Did you check the voltage on the old one?
It's got about 3 volts according to the multimeter. So I've read and watch some people charging them slowly with a different type of charger, that's why the OEM Yuneec charger does not charge the battery anymore due to the very low charge. But there is always a risk of overcharging the battery which can be dangerous.

some people charging them slowly with a different type of charger
You could try to use a 12v trickle charger to bring the voltage back to 10.3 volts. I would do this outside. If it comes up that high the OEM charger might work. Check each cell to be certain they are close to the same voltage. In this case they should be about 3.4 volts each. If they vary a lot, the battery is toast. If you do get it to charge, it will only be usable for testing the Q, not for flying. Once you get a replacement battery put the old one in saltwater to discharge it completely before disposing it.

If you do get it to charge, it will only be usable for testing the Q, not for flying. Once you get a replacement battery put the old one in saltwater to discharge it completely before disposing it.
Thanks for the tip Steve, it have been without a charge for over a month, I may or may not get it back up to where it can be charged on the Yuneec charger, plus to be honest - I am not quite sure how to test each cell. I think the safest way is to just buy a new battery since I cannot use it to fly the drone like you said. I will go ahead and just discharge the battery in salt water or give it to Best Buy for them to dispose of it. Thanks again. When I decide to start fixing my Q500 4K, I will more than likely have more questions.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace