Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Acquiring gps signals taking ages, van someone test something for me?

Reaction score
My gps signals would take ages to get... And i mean ages. When i looked into this further there was some sort of interference and so i cut out some foil and then used some clear acrylic contact that. Was sticky on one side and mounted it over the foil id cut out. The foil covered the entire base board and stuck to the top of the lid including the gps allowing only the wire out and suddenly i could get gps very very fast every single time.
Could someone try this on theirs and see if it works for them too?

Reactions: Steve Carr
My gps signals would take ages to get... And i mean ages. When i looked into this further there was some sort of interference and so i cut out some foil and then used some clear acrylic contact that. Was sticky on one side and mounted it over the foil id cut out. The foil covered the entire base board and stuck to the top of the lid including the gps allowing only the wire out and suddenly i could get gps very very fast every single time.
Could someone try this on theirs and see if it works for them too?
if possible, photos would be good

The drone in question was sold, which is why I suggested someone else may be able to test it out.. but im going to do it to another as soon as i get some of the cameras from john back.
I only found it by accident because i sat on my h520 and could only get a typhoon h lid.. it has the stick on insulation protection and so i decided to double up on it. As soon as i did though the first thing i noticed was that the gps lock went from 2-4 minutes to less than 30 seconds. Thats why i was wondering if someone with a working machine could test it for me to see if it helped them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the gps lock, it's highly recommended to wait few minutes after you get the "welcome pilot" message before taking off, this to give time to drone and ground station gps to stabilize their position and report more accurate values, especially in terms of distance between them.
From my experience, it's not a good practice to takeoff immediately...many fly away happens for this reason.

Agree. it is well known to let the drone update it's gps almanac. Also to refresh the small 3v. battery inside. I just did my h and q yesterday.,,,and of course it's windy today.Still love Michigan weather. Each sat for 2 hrs. with a fully charged battery. I did fly the Q500+ last night,it was impeccable. About 2 yrs. ago I flew the Q500+ over some extensive farm land and it just up and took off,no waiting!! Farmer found it when harvesting his corn,only broke 1 prop, went through a few rains etc. Still flys great..We must wait a few minutes.
There is a video out by Captain Drone on an egg crate antennae invention. I made one out of a reusable Brownie Tin. Just a few notches and slipped over the antennaes. Worked great,still have it ,just need to find it! Peace. KC

I did the same on another drone (no Yuneec), get full lock in less than 1 minute.
Used a copper adesive foil and weld on it a ground cable connected to negative of the main board.
Copper Foil Sheets, Single-Side Tape with Conductive Adhesive for Guitar Crafts and Electrical Repairs Amazon.com: Copper Foil Sheets, Single-Side Tape with Conductive Adhesive for Guitar Crafts and Electrical Repairs : Arts, Crafts & Sewing
@Pier thank you for the link that you have posted

Reactions: Pier2162

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots