Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Action Cam - marco...

Reaction score
I posted this in the general section, but I thought I'd try here too. I just got a Typhoon H a few weeks ago. It's been a blast to fly & I've been looking around & picking up some accessories / necessities. I know this was released a few years ago, & they've already released a new version, so I figured I should hop on it before they are no longer available. I got a bag, a couple of batteries with a dual quick charger, a 4Hawks antenna, the Skyview goggles, a Wizard... hmmm, I'm starting to feel like I might have an addiction. Anyways, I saw this thing called an Action Cam that let's you take the camera off the drone & mount it in a hand held unit. Looks pretty cool, but I'll be darned if I can find the thing anywhere... even Yuneec's own website. Does anybody know where I could find one or have one they don't use that they're willing to part with? Thanks!

Those are kind of rare. Just a personal opinion but with the recent prevalence of reasonably priced hand-held gimbal cams I would say they are much better value than the Action-cam hand grip and a lot more available, have more modern cameras, and are update-supported and easier to find. And personally I wouldn't want to risk the potential wear you'd get around the precious gimbal contacts on your H by repeatedly removing and re-attaching the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: KellyR
Those were kind of rare even before the TH got discontinued ! Just a personal opinion but with the recent prevalence of reasonably priced hand-held gimbal cams I would say they are much better value than the Action-cam hand grip and a lot more available, update-supported and easier to find. And personally I wouldn't want to risk the potential wear you'd get around the precious gimbal contacts on your H by repeatedly removing and re-attaching the camera.
Where have you heard its been discontinued?

I posted this in the general section, but I thought I'd try here too. I just got a Typhoon H a few weeks ago. It's been a blast to fly & I've been looking around & picking up some accessories / necessities. I know this was released a few years ago, & they've already released a new version, so I figured I should hop on it before they are no longer available. I got a bag, a couple of batteries with a dual quick charger, a 4Hawks antenna, the Skyview goggles, a Wizard... hmmm, I'm starting to feel like I might have an addiction. Anyways, I saw this thing called an Action Cam that let's you take the camera off the drone & mount it in a hand held unit. Looks pretty cool, but I'll be darned if I can find the thing anywhere... even Yuneec's own website. Does anybody know where I could find one or have one they don't use that they're willing to part with? Thanks!
Props?

it was removed from the website, the assumption being it was incorrectly placed. No news is good news for the time being.

Someone should add a question mark to that post :) I hadn't been back to see all the replies that thought it was a mistake ! I'll go back and edit my own post to reflect that, but even so, I still wouldn't buy an Action Cam for the other reasons...

Someone should add a question mark to that post :) I hadn't been back to see all the replies that thought it was a mistake ! I'll go back and edit my own post to reflect that, but even so, I still wouldn't buy an Action Cam :)
Better action cams available like you say. And it's pretty expensive.

Got an actiongrip in a Q500 package some time ago. Pretty much useless. Was fun a time or two but for the $$ it costs to buy one separately, you can get better elsewhere.

Mrgs1,
Oh, yes, I have lots of props too... a full set & then some! ? Debating on getting a spare arm or two & landing gear. Don't know how crazy I wanna get. ?

I sent a FB message to Yuneec Saturday & this was their reply this morning...
"Hi Kelly! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your Typhoon H. Unfortunately, the ActionCam is both out of stock and was not designed for use with the CGO3+ camera. While some users have attached their camera to this grip, the gimbal is too large for it which can cause it to bump into the base of the grip. Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Thank you for choosing Yuneec! - Yuneec Social Team"

So, have I just not been paying attention? I would have sworn I heard people talking about using the CGO3+ with it. The reason I wanted to get it was 'cause I'm new at this & wanted the convenience of continuity between a flying Typhoon H shot & a hand held shot.

Mrgs1,
Oh, yes, I have lots of props too... a full set & then some! ? Debating on getting a spare arm or two & landing gear. Don't know how crazy I wanna get. ?

I sent a FB message to Yuneec Saturday & this was their reply this morning...
"Hi Kelly! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your Typhoon H. Unfortunately, the ActionCam is both out of stock and was not designed for use with the CGO3+ camera. While some users have attached their camera to this grip, the gimbal is too large for it which can cause it to bump into the base of the grip. Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Thank you for choosing Yuneec! - Yuneec Social Team"

So, have I just not been paying attention? I would have sworn I heard people talking about using the CGO3+ with it. The reason I wanted to get it was 'cause I'm new at this & wanted the convenience of continuity between a flying Typhoon H shot & a hand held shot.
Leg actuators are shared through the range, the leg clips etc are worth getting and propeller connectors, there difficult to get hold of, I think will know more in the coming weeks whether the promised backorder items materialise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss