Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Add head tracking camera to Typhoon H

Reaction score
I'd like to experiment with adding a head tracking camera to the Typhoon H. I'm looking at the Fat Shark 700TVL CMOS CAMERA ON PAN/TILT. I would mount this camera on top of the H, add a transceiver and battery and use it with Fat Shark Goggles.

Has anyone tried something like this? Would the H adjust to the new weight and center of gravity? If I mounted the battery down low, would that balance out the additional top heavy weight of the camera?

Thank you for any insights.

We've had this type of discussion before,
CG yes there would be issues, how bad?
More weight would cause less flight time, looks like the camera is slightly over an ounce.
How much total weight are you adding?

I searched the forums for head tracking but didn't find anything. If you know of any posts and could provide me a link, I would be grateful. I'm not quite sure what all I will need, but here was a quick list assuming that I couldn't tap into the Typhoon H's battery or Rx or Tx:

Fat Shark 700TVL CMOS CAMERA ON PAN/TILT - 33g
ImmersionRC 600mW 5.8GHz A/V Tx - 18g
Super Micro RX for Frsky - 0.45g
350mAh 2S LiPo - 26.5g

Total: 77.95 grams (2.75 ounces)

Find the center of gravity with the battery installed. Once you are able to establish this add the features in the position you are considering. Also note, do not interfere with the compass on top of the chassis.
Once all the pieces are in position check CG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430