Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Advice after my first crash and repair - chapter 1

Reaction score
I got tangled in a branch and wound up with a few broken parts. I ordered all the parts and found that I mistakenly ordered a "A" arm instead of a "B" arm. Since I ordered only the arm and not the accompanying motor, I thought it would be fine to remove the "B" motor from the broken arm and use it in the new arm.

I took the bird out for the test flight today and it flew plenty steady from what I could tell, but the video came out with some serious jello effect. As I've done research on this forum and others sites, I find the biggest culprits are propeller balance and making sure dampeners are seated correctly.

I have installed new dampeners and I will buy a balance today, but wonder if using an "A" arm where a "B" arm should be used is contributing to the problem. The arm looks the same in every other way.

Thoughts?

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
It appears as though the motor arms are indeed different. Otherwise they wouldn't be selling an A and B arm.

motor arm

Reactions: Rayray
Reaction score
If you look at the arms they have a slightly different angle. when I ordered arms after my Typhoon backed into a branch I ordered them with the motors. $59.95 with the motor $49.95 without the motor.

Reactions: Steve Carr

Steve Carr

Missed Approach
Staff member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If you look at the arms they have a slightly different angle. when I ordered arms after my Typhoon backed into a branch I ordered them with the motors. $59.95 with the motor $49.95 without the motor.
That might explain the jello in the video.

Reaction score
Thank you. I tightened up the pins in the opposite corners (The new ones came with a couple of hex nuts) and did shave down one side of 1 propeller. The video came out much better today, though still not perfect. I will order the correct arm and see if that's the difference.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moDende