Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ADVICE THAT WORKS

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here on the Yuneec forum & the reason for that was I had nothing relevant to discuss until today.

1st allow me to thank the members here for their spot on advice. About a week ago I was flying my H when the battery warning displayed on the ST-16. No worries, I just flipped the switch to RTH & that's when things went a bit haywire. The bird started flying away from me & in the direction of some drone killing trees. Since this was opposite my location, I grew anxious quickly. Then I remembered something I read here & in a moment of clarity, I changed back to angle mode, pushed hard up on the left joystick & saved myself from the loss of my H. She flew perfectly back where I landed without incident. Thank you Yuneec forum!

The issue - yesterday I tried the "Follow Me" mode for the 1st time. During the test, I descended approximately 500ft from my starting point. The battery warning displayed again & I attempted to land her. SHE WOULDN'T DESCEND AT ALL! In fact, I'm scratching my head as to what happened cause it seems she landed herself but not without incident. She came down firmly, bounced & flipped over. Fortunately no damage except for some dirty props. Flew her again later without issue.

My metrics stated an altitude of -150ft or so which I expected, but why wouldn't she take my inputs to descend? She was back in angle mode with avoidance off. Can flying below the elevation we took off from cause the aforementioned issues?

Thank you.

Hello,

This is my first post here on the Yuneec forum & the reason for that was I had nothing relevant to discuss until today.

1st allow me to thank the members here for their spot on advice. About a week ago I was flying my H when the battery warning displayed on the ST-16. No worries, I just flipped the switch to RTH & that's when things went a bit haywire. The bird started flying away from me & in the direction of some drone killing trees. Since this was opposite my location, I grew anxious quickly. Then I remembered something I read here & in a moment of clarity, I changed back to angle mode, pushed hard up on the left joystick & saved myself from the loss of my H. She flew perfectly back where I landed without incident. Thank you Yuneec forum!

The issue - yesterday I tried the "Follow Me" mode for the 1st time. During the test, I descended approximately 500ft from my starting point. The battery warning displayed again & I attempted to land her. SHE WOULDN'T DESCEND AT ALL! In fact, I'm scratching my head as to what happened cause it seems she landed herself but not without incident. She came down firmly, bounced & flipped over. Fortunately no damage except for some dirty props. Flew her again later without issue.

My metrics stated an altitude of -150ft or so which I expected, but why wouldn't she take my inputs to descend? She was back in angle mode with avoidance off. Can flying below the elevation we took off from cause the aforementioned issues?

Thank you.
To answer your question about flying below the height you took off from. No, not normally. The TH is well capable of flying below the height you took off from and you should not expect to see any strange behavior. I fly below my take of height quite often and have never seen any strange behavior. That said...

Flying down to first warning quite apart from it being not good for your batteries long term health can sometimes cause the aircraft to display some strange behavior. It is most likely this that caused your issues.

To answer your question about flying below the height you took off from. No, not normally. The TH is well capable of flying below the height you took off from and you should not expect to see any strange behavior. I fly below my take of height quite often and have never seen any strange behavior. That said...

Flying down to first warning quite apart from it being not good for your batteries long term health can sometimes cause the aircraft to display some strange behavior. It is most likely this that caused your issues.
Yes that's been noted several times that after the first warning the copter can display strange actions, with some having major problems in landing and control in general.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erothots