Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After 87 flights

Reaction score
After 87 perfect flights, it went crazy. I took off and flew for a few minutes, stopped and hovered for a few seconds and it started to roll left on its own and hit a tree. I could see it moving left slowly in the video.( Not recording) Wind was zero and I can't see anything in the log that indicates any problems. No mayor damage,5 props, camera mount and one arm locking clip. Attached find log and link Exmaps flight. If anyone can shed light it will be appreciated.

Telemetry_00087.csv

Attachments

• Telemetry_00087.csv.txt
    335.4 KB · Views: 16
No compass warning messages? That's how mine acted last December but I got a compass warning just prior.

Nope, no errors that I can see. If you look at the Xmaps telemetry from above you will see it stopped recording from the hover point to where the tree is. I thought I had given roll stick by mistake but don't see that in the log. I have flown this area over 200 times with all 3 of my Hs. I sure would like to know what happened. It is now back on the air and flying perfect.

After 87 perfect flights, it went crazy. I took off and flew for a few minutes, stopped and hovered for a few seconds and it started to roll left on its own and hit a tree. I could see it moving left slowly in the video.( Not recording) Wind was zero and I can't see anything in the log that indicates any problems. No mayor damage,5 props, camera mount and one arm locking clip. Attached find log and link Exmaps flight. If anyone can shed light it will be appreciated.
Telemetry_00087.csv
Bummer Charlie. Can you upload the Remote_00087 file?

Here you go Steve.
Looks like there was a problem with Roll. The output from the stick did not return to center which caused the drift. Take a look at it hardware monitor and move it slowly left and right and see if it returns to zero every time. In any case I would give both sticks a cleaning

Thanks Steve, I will do that. I believe I tried to correct with some right roll but did d not respond. On the controller the aeleron channel is 2, but the telemetry starts with channel 0. Is aeleron channel 1 in the telemetry.

Thanks Steve, I will do that. I believe I tried to correct with some right roll but did d not respond. On the controller the aeleron channel is 2, but the telemetry starts with channel 0. Is aeleron channel 1 in the telemetry.
Channel
0-Throttle+B1 (value of zero is B1) J1
1- Roll J
2-pitch J
3-yaw J2
4-mode (angle, smart, rtl)
5-camera controls
6-camera tilt
7-camera pan
8-Camera tilt switch
9-camera pan switch
10-landing gear

You can see that even after you shut the motors off, the stick stayed at 2009. Center position should be 2048, max stick 3414, min stick 664 +or-.

So why is the actual drift not recorded in the telemetry. Of you look at the flight path, when I went into hover it was 15 get from the tree but it doesn't show that. It only shows descending which I started to the it started to drift.

So why is the actual drift not recorded in the telemetry. Of you look at the flight path, when I went into hover it was 15 get from the tree but it doesn't show that. It only shows descending which I started to the it started to drift.
It could have something to do with the lag between the two files. They both start out at the same time, but while flying the telemetry that gets recorded from the H takes longer to get to the controller. In your files it had reached a 35 second delay. So if you shut off the controller too soon, the final part of the flight doesn't get recorded. It looks like that is what happened.

Now when I initiate return to home it will not turn around and go up to the programed altitude. It just returns at what ever altitude it is flying. Any thoughts.
Hmm..wonder if there is a glitch in the Model configuration. Try creating a new model and re-binding.

I did. I created a new model and calibrated everything. I am flying without the camera but I don't think that should matter. Not sure if this condition was not there before tho. I don't ever remember using RTH on this H. I have a spare flight controller, might install it and see if that is the problem. Is there a way to reload the software into the flight controller. I remember reading it is not possible.

I did. I created a new model and calibrated everything. I am flying without the camera but I don't think that should matter. Not sure if this condition was not there before tho. I don't ever remember using RTH on this H. I have a spare flight controller, might install it and see if that is the problem. Is there a way to reload the software into the flight controller. I remember reading it is not possible.
You can reset it back to factory specs in Pad. That would be the next step. You might also have to delete the Flight Data as you would do in the firmware update. Then it will require rebinding and calibrations and waiting the 13 minutes for GPS updates.

OK got it working. It is all on me. A few months ago I replaced the Autopilot with a new one and forgot to update the software. So the ST16 had one version newer than the H. Updated the H and all is well. I guess I have never noticed since I have not used RTH. Live and learn. Thanks for your help Steve very much appreciated.

Wonder if that had something to do with the crash.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Wonder if that had something to do with the crash
I don't think so. I still believe this to be a hardware issue where J3 got "stuck" which maintained a slight drift. If it's stuck you can't correct it unless you aggressively move the stick around. That would be counter-intuitive when flying.

Hi!

How do You cleaned?

I had at february weird behavior with roll channel(J4). Not centering and returns slowly.
Thankfully I was on the ground and copter started to beeping and I figured out that J4 channel was not zero.

I opened ST16, checked gimbal wires, wiggled right stick at full range...for now it's ok.

best regards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my