Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After a Q500 and CGO2GB cable schematic !

Reaction score
Hello everybody ! Im after a pinout schematic for cgo2gb and q500. As far as I know there are 4 wires going from camera to the drone(12v and pwm ?) . Thanks in advance :)
Bonus question- Has anyone got a clue about the yaw motor pot correct position ? from my understanding the wiper should be in middle (reading 5 k ohms from both sides, to the wiper pin) when camera yaw motor is in the middle.

Last edited:
Hello everybody ! Im after a pinout schematic for cgo2gb and q500. As far as I know there are 4 wires going from camera to the drone(12v and pwm ?) . Thanks in advance :).

@Shobos,
This drawing below may help with the pinout issue. It was done in something of a rush, and is not arranged well, but the information is there.

"Bonus question- Has anyone got a clue about the yaw motor pot correct position ? from my understanding the wiper should be in middle (reading 5 k ohms from both sides, to the wiper pin) when camera yaw motor is in the middle"

The slider is not normally in the center. My memory is that it points generally towards a screw mount to the left front. I will take one apart late this evening and post a picture.

Updated ~3:15 Eastern time USA: Added two pictures of the slider with camera facing forward. One with blue cover on, the other with blue cover off.

Attachments

• CG02 Harness to Camera Wiring R3.pdf
    441 KB · Views: 61
  • Slider_1.jpg
    Slider_1.jpg
    708.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Slider_2.jpg
    Slider_2.jpg
    763 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
@Shobos,
This drawing below may help with the pinout issue. It was done in something of a rush, and is not arranged well, but the information is there.

"Bonus question- Has anyone got a clue about the yaw motor pot correct position ? from my understanding the wiper should be in middle (reading 5 k ohms from both sides, to the wiper pin) when camera yaw motor is in the middle"

The slider is not normally in the center. My memory is that it points generally towards a screw mount to the left front. I will take one apart late this evening and post a picture.

Updated ~3:15 Eastern time USA: Added two pictures of the slider with camera facing forward. One with blue cover on, the other with blue cover off.
Thanks man !! everything works and it stabilizes itself... escept for the tilt function - it doesnt manual tilt, it just beeps when i move the slider.

First thing is to try one of the other two Tilt (Pitch) connectors ("E" or "F" in the drawing). If this doesn't work, we will need to explore some other possibilities.

Do you have a Steadygrip, or another drone to see if the problem is in the camera?

Reactions: Shobos
First thing is to try one of the other two Tilt (Pitch) connectors ("E" or "F" in the drawing). If this doesn't work, we will need to explore some other possibilities.
Already did that without success. might sound stupid but is there any way of checking if there is pwm signal coming from the drone ? (i have only multimeter)

Do you have a Steadygrip, or another drone to see if the problem is in the camera?
Nope, only the drone.

The multimeter should show ~1 to 2 volts measured to ground. If there is no voltage, or if the voltage does not change at all between full up and down, then either there is a bad wire, or a particular board component has failed. The board component requires some soldering, but the board has a spare that can be used.

The multimeter should show ~1 to 2 volts measured to ground. If there is no voltage, or if the voltage does not change at all between full up and down, then either there is a bad wire, or a particular board component has failed. The board component requires some soldering, but the board has a spare that can be used.
MM showed change from 1.989 - 2.101 when using the slider while measuring, so a little bit of voltage change.

That tells us the wiring is good. It does not really tell us whether problem is with the camera, or with the drone. There is a small component on the mainboard. It's function is essentially to "invert" most of the PWM signal pattern. When it fails, you can't tell by the multimeter. The voltages will look pretty much the same. You would need an Oscilloscope to see if the pattern is being properly "inverted".

I will look for a thread that discussed the "Gizmo" component on the board. Give me a couple minutes.

Okay, ill see what i can do man ! thanks for the help tho, will keep ya updated in this topic :)
My board seems to have different layout there. The blue wire is not connected to the other transistor.

EDIT- blue is just a ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_010308.jpg
    IMG_20190216_010308.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20190216_010321.jpg
    IMG_20190216_010321.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 23
Yuneec did the board in three different ways over the course of the model. Your board is one of the earlier style. The blue wire is another ground, but it does not do anything. It runs to the connector in the middle of the drone, but the camera does not actually use it. At least not on CG03 cameras. And I don't think the CG02 uses it. On the later versions, the white box, brass pins and the blue wire were deleted. CGo2 works the same on those as it does on the version you have.

An interesting thought, though. I've never tried to route the white wire to the rear row PWM of this version board. It doesn't work on the later versions of the board. However, your board is more closely related to the QX3 predecessor, and the rear row DID work on that board. The rear row might actually have tilt function. You might want to clip the white wire off the current box connector, and attach it to the bare hole right behind it. It would be a good piece of information to have if this actually worked. (Be sure to leave enough to reconnect it to the original post if it doesn't work).

That white box doesn't unplug, by the way. It pretty much has to be de-soldered from the other side.

An interesting thought, though. I've never tried to route the white wire to the rear row PWM of this version board. It doesn't work on the later versions of the board. However, your board is more closely related to the QX3 predecessor, and the rear row DID work on that board. The rear row might actually have tilt function. You might want to clip the white wire off the current box connector, and attach it to the bare hole right behind it. It would be a good piece of information to have if this actually worked. (Be sure to leave enough to reconnect it to the original post if it doesn't work).

That white box doesn't unplug, by the way. It pretty much has to be de-soldered from the other side.
Ill try that but is it normal that when i connect the camera the voltage reading of pwm is zero ? its like shorting out the pwm.

No, that is not normal. It should be the low voltages you measured earlier. There is a short burst of signal when you first power up the drone, then the low voltage signal should be present when the camera has initialized.

Are you measuring white wire to battery ground, or white wire to blue wire?

No, that is not normal. It should be the low voltages you measured earlier. There is a short burst of signal when you first power up the drone, then the low voltage signal should be present when the camera has initialized.

Are you measuring white wire to battery ground, or white wire to blue wire?
measuring white wire with ground (the one next to 12+ volt line for camera)
EDIT- disconnecting only white wire from camera itself, the voltage returns to normal on the white wire.

Last edited:
That might be a clue, or it might be normal. I've never measured the PWM signal when the camera was in service. Give me a few minutes. I'm putting my camera back together, and I will try it on my drone. Not sure how to do it with the drone shell already assembled, will have to figure it out.

This is a thread for another bird with problem tilt. Read through it, see if swapping the component is something you could do for "troubleshooting". The "gizmo" issue starts at about Post #5.

Looking for suggestion
By your pic I assumed this is number 4 pin aka pwm... But its grounded. Please dont tell me pwm is the left side pin, i will feel like an idiot :D
( The picture is with a pwm connector on the cgo2gb)

Attachments

• IMG_20190216_020042.jpg
    IMG_20190216_020042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
By your pic I assumed this is number 4 pin aka pwm... But its grounded. Please dont tell me pwm is the left side pin, i will feel like an idiot :D
( The picture is with a pwm connector on the cgo2gb)
Everything works fine now, after switching the PWM from ground to PROPER pin it works without problems. welp, you learn from Your mistakes haha... but still, the original tranny on motherboard seems to be fried, as I connected it to that and wouldnt work. works only on the spare PWm pinout.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33