Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After market charger

Looks nice, BUT,
I do not see a storage mode on it. Batteries should not be stored charged or discharged. If it had a storage mode, I would be all for it.

O right so best just keep with the stock charger or what charger would be best I just bought a new gifi battery so 2 that come with the drone and this new gifi not tried it yet it charged up ok on stock charger

Good question.
I am sure several of the other guys will chime in with what they are using.
I would look for a charger that does other lipo batteries not just the Q500 batteries.

Thanks jafo noticed it's USA sellers am in the UK and no luck with this make in the UK also will I need to make a lead up or will chargers come with 1 to fit the yuneec battery

Set to 5 and 6 amps respectively.
Any good charger will tapper the amps off as the battery charges up.Keep an eye on it until you know....
You should be able to see that in your charger display over time as it charges.
By the time your fully charged you'll probably be down around .2 amps on the display.
:)

Well charged my battery using my new charger altho it fully charged voltage wise noticed on my screen on the charger cell 1 did not go full like the other 2 cells on the battery display will see if that's normal when I charge my other 2 battery tester sayed 12.6 in the battery when I unplugged it so same voltage as my other 2 charged with stock charger

Glad it's working for you.
What was the voltage on the low cell ?
All should be 4.20 volts equaling up to 12.60 volts.
It's possible you can have one cell at say 4.20, another at 4.15 and another and 4.25. All equaling up to 12.60 volts... but all wrong for a "Balanced Charge". See where I'm going ? Keep an eye on it.
If you haven't already done it, You should now purchase a decent battery tester.One that tells you all about the individual cell voltages. You don't need anything fancy or real expensive but the cheaper ones don't give the most accurate reading all the time.
:)

Hi jafo I have 1 of they wee battery testers that you have to cut the 5 prongs off like they sell in that Carolina drones I have added some pictures I used the battery today and it was perfect but have emailed the place I bought it from to see if I can get a warranty on it but orderd another GIFI power battery anyway IMG_20170529_001606.jpg IMG_20170529_001607.jpg IMG_20170529_001436.jpg IMG_20170529_001613.jpg

Definitely, get another battery tester for sure. The one you have is good for low voltage alerts but not so good at voltage testing.
The picture of the charger clearly shows an unbalanced battery.
I would try to discharge the battery (use it or put on charger for storage charge) and re charge and test again.
The question now is... is it the battery or charger that has the issue ?
Charge another battery and see what the charger tells you about cell conditions after that.
Does the second battery show the same unbalanced charge as the first ?This could indicate a fault with the charger if the readings are the same as the first.
If they differ and battery two has a balanced charge, then battery one is indeed in question.
Remember.... your looking for 4.20 volts on each cell. Anything else and your out of balance.
It will surly still work but is a clear indication of an issue with something. If nothing else, the battery life is most definitely reduced.

Hi jafo the other battery's all charge fine and on the battery display go full like the other 2 cells on the picture I will try discharge and recharge see what happens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz