Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After the software update ST16 does not receive telemetry from the drone.

Reaction score
ST16 receives the video but there is no other information. The connection status is "Not Connected". When I try to update the software again I get the message: "Can't connect to drone. Tap to retry."

When I close this message, Datapilot closes with an error:

Please, help me to restore the connection.

The gentleman above (Abant) talks about the H520, we should talk about the good Plane and not give information on the old H.

The best thing is that it updates the 520 directly with the last firnware on an SD (transmitter off), once done (light E90 green) that it reboote the H520. Then turn on the radio until Datapilot is displayed, then the H520 and there he tries to bind the camera to the transmitter.
Thank you. But the attempt to update the firmware failed.
autopilot_update.log:
- - - - -
file size: 1382854
found board ID in JSON: 66
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
base64decode compressed image len: 993319
base64decode iv len: 16
base64decode uncompressed len: 993008
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
failed to get reboot acknowledged at 500000, continuing anyway
could not talk to bootloader, giving up
... ... ...

Any ideas?

This problem was occuring after firmware updates in late 2018. A number of users reported the issue. It was also accompanied by issues such as losing communication with H520 whilst in flight and the ST16 rebooting when it lost communication with the drone. Very unnerving when you are in the middle of a mission

If the problem runs similar to mine your OTA update would have got halfway through the process and finished the update of the ST16 then it goes to switch to the H520 but gets stuck at this point because the ST16 won't reinitialise with the camera on the drone. This problem is also accompanied by the ST16 not reinitialising DataPilot.

Solution.
Install the latest firmware. I was able to do it OTA but if the system locks you will be able to do it manually. The OTA system installs the updates for the ST16 first, DataPilot in particular which is where the issue lay, I think so if you have to resort to the manual update method make sure you install the new DataPilot first.

The most recent firmware updates have fixed the problems with both of my 520's.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: abant
Solution.
Install the latest firmware. I was able to do it OTA but if the system locks you will be able to do it manually. The OTA system installs the updates for the ST16 first, DataPilot in particular which is where the issue lay, I think so if you have to resort to the manual update method make sure you install the new DataPilot first.
That is the problem. I can't install the firmware of the drone. When you start the firmware process, the same operation is performed cyclically.
A log file was created on the memory card. The file repeats the same sequence of lines:
Code:
file size: 1331322
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
base64decode compressed image len: 958333
base64decode uncompressed len: 958032
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
found iv
found encrypted image
.yuneec JSON parsed
base64decode compressed image len: 958333
base64decode uncompressed len: 958032
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot
send reboot

As doing more tests will not make you lose anything, have you reset the ST16S to factory values? And the E90? Then do a clean installation from 0.

Anyway, did you write to Yuneec describing the problem? Did they answer anything?

Yep. Looks identical to what I had. I had to do the manual install. The OTA process locks at the reboot so can't reacquired the drone. The software for the US updates can be located at: commercial.yuneec.com/comm-downloads-h520 or you can got
All the firmware is there.

First part was to delete the DataPilot and the UpdatePilot off the ST16 (scary the first time) then download the new files (both have .APK identifiers) and the ST16S firmware update onto the root of a clean SD card, put the card into the ST16 and install the apps onto the ST16. It will ask a question about the file types not being trusted or something similar. Do the ST16 update first.

Once they are installed you can then update the drone and camera. You will need another clean SD card and then download the update files from the Yuneec commercial site onto the card.

Download the America downloads unless you are in Europe or Asia.
Select the correct download for your camera, the gimbal update and the Autopilot.
Copy the files to the root of the SD card, insert it into the camera and then power up the H520. You do not need the ST16 for this process. If all goes well the drone will install the software correctly and finish about 5 minutes after it started. It will also reboot itself at least once.

After that is all done you should be able to connect to the drone and camera. You may need to select the camera by tapping the link connect soft key on the top right side of the ST16 screen

Hope this helps.

Reactions: arruntus
As doing more tests will not make you lose anything, have you reset the ST16S to factory values? And the E90? Then do a clean installation from 0.

Anyway, did you write to Yuneec describing the problem? Did they answer anything?

Yes.

We are sorry to hear that.
Please try following option:
1.Download the firmware from our website for your cam
2.https://www.yuneec.com/de_DE/support/downloads/h520-de.html
3.Store this on a empty sd-card
4.Install this into your cam
5. Switch the remote on and the coper and install it oper the update pilot new.

Copy the files to the root of the SD card, insert it into the camera and then power up the H520. You do not need the ST16 for this process. If all goes well the drone will install the software correctly and finish about 5 minutes after it started. It will also reboot itself at least once.

I write about it. This step cannot be completed. The firmware installation does not complete, the drone continuously repeats the same thing (see video above) and does not reboot.

If you install separately the camera firmware or gimbal firmware, they are installed without problems. However, the drone firmware is not installed.

Hi abant.
Your query reminded me that I hadn't ugraded my seceond 520 to the latest firmware. The ST16 was up to date but not drone and camera. I attempted the OTA update and after the system had checked the ST16 and tried to switch to the E90 ....... there was a pair of spinning arrows on the updater screen for some minutes. The ST16 was unable to locate the drone. Rebooted both systems, still the same result. The ST16 in android mode was able to link to my wifi system and go the Yuneec website, check that its firware was up to date BUT when it went to check the camera it was unable to connect, again.

I swapped out the E90 for my second unit (already updated) and fired up the drone. The ST16 was able to connect to the camera in the Updatepilot and I was able to update the drone. That left me with first camera still not having the latest firmware loaded and rebooting the systems a couple of times did not fix the problem. The camera would not / could not talk to the ST16. I did a clean install of the SD card as described previously described (finished it about 5 minutes ago). I started up the ST16 and rebooted the drone and all was good.

Seems to be possible it is a camera issue. I have had one go back to Yuneec because it refused to connect to any ST16 at all after an OTa update. Manual updates by myself and the distributor failed to fix the problem. Yuneec replaced the camera.

I write about it. This step cannot be completed. The firmware installation does not complete, the drone continuously repeats the same thing (see video above) and does not reboot.

If you install separately the camera firmware or gimbal firmware, they are installed without problems. However, the drone firmware is not installed.
That is unfortunate. I had to do manual reboots as the drone did not do the reboot itself. Once that was done it worked fine. Sounds like Yuneec might have to get their thinking caps on to work out what is happening with you unit.

From what @Gadget says it seems to be the same problem updating the E90 firmware that we've had with other versions. So the solution is to reset the camera and do a clean installation copying the firmware into a clean SD and starting the H520, with the ST16S turned off. Sometimes you have to repeat the process to get it, but I understand that the problem is only the firmware of the E90. Many turns I had to do to solve it. To reset the camera, the procedure is in the thread of the basic procedures.

I've tried it more than a dozen times. At the moment, the service center in Germany wants to get the device for repair.

It is Interesting, that I just got the drone and I only did three things:
1. I did a test flight,
2. I've calibrated the gimbal because it was necessary,
3. I performed a software update.

It is doubly interesting, that this is the second unhealthy device that I get from Yuneec.

Some time ago I wrote in this forum about Typhoon H Plus which was unusable due to camera vibration ("Jello effect" video ). Yuneec tried to solve the problem for 4 months and they failed to do so. Yuneec actually forced me to pay extra for a more expensive H520 and sent me a device that instantly went down. Nicely!

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in Spain?

I've tried it more than a dozen times. At the moment, the service center in Germany wants to get the device for repair.

It is Interesting, that I just got the drone and I only did three things:
1. I did a test flight,
2. I've calibrated the gimbal because it was necessary,
3. I performed a software update.

It is doubly interesting, that this is the second unhealthy device that I get from Yuneec.

Some time ago I wrote in this forum about Typhoon H Plus which was unusable due to camera vibration ("Jello effect" video ). Yuneec tried to solve the problem for 4 months and they failed to do so. Yuneec actually forced me to pay extra for a more expensive H520 and sent me a device that instantly went down. Nicely!

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in Spain?

Don't despair. Did it work for you before you upgraded? Then it's an update problem, make sure you reset the camera correctly. I had to do it more than once.

Hi Avant. I think might have found a possible solution to the problem. I had the dreaded "Cannot connect" messages again. Cutting a very long story short turn on the ST16, fire up the drone with the camera on the drone and once it has connected then exit DataPilot and go to the android system. Fire up the Update Pilot manually. Once it is open select the settings icon (it is the gear shaped icon that is on the top left corner of the screen). It should open up and show the camera and the wifi network in the settings. Select the edit tool (the pencil icon) next to the camera. Another box will open, it is titled "Select your vehicle". You might see your camera, you might not. You may see a camera but with (INACTIVE) next to it. Tap the refresh button. If your camera is powered up then you should see it either change state (Inactive to Active) or you may see another camera appear on the screen as active. Select the active camera (it should turn orange). Then back out of this screen and the settings screen by tapping somewhere on the main screen. Once that is done tap the check firmware icon and the Update system should find the camera and upload the firmware update.

I have a number of cameras that have been hot swapped on that drone. I could not get the camera to update as the ST16 could not connect to the camera. After using the process above to select the right camera the update went very smoothly. I hope this helps your problem.

What to do if in Step 4) Select the “SR24_XXXXX” under the “Aircraft Model” column, nothing shows up in the Aircraft Model column?

What to do if in Step 4) Select the “SR24_XXXXX” under the “Aircraft Model” column, nothing shows up in the Aircraft Model column?
With apologies, the posts you refer to were a result of confusion. Those steps were directed at a Typhoon H, when the thread was for an H520. I'll go back and delete those posts now to avoid further confusion.
Again, apologies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval