Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aircraft won't connect after very minor crash

Reaction score
Okay so I had a very minor crash that barely even broke the tip off of one propeller that being the only physical damage done to the naked eye. And even though I knew better I was able to fly 100 foot or so back to the house and landed safely and then I turned off my device and my aircraft and now it won't connect and I get a red internal light inside the front half of the drone that you can only see if you're looking in between the front wing or the front arm I have reset the drone and the light turns turquoise for a min, but then back to red. Controller will connect to the app but the drone will not even if I scan barcode! Also front LEDs are dark blue (solid) and rear LEDs are flashing light blue. PLEASE help

hi slademade

I think you have the same problem as me after a crash and since the crash it won't connect
Controller will connect to the app but the drone not connect ! I have dismounted the drone and I found the internal firmware located in the hidden internal sd card on the main board,I believe that its where the pixhawk board looking for informations for the booting and initialisation sessions I have changed several times and I had a different led message so the firmware is corrupt I buy another mantis I dismount as I get it and if it fixes the problem I will make you a copy of the firmware look the pict where is the firm sorry for my bad English !!!

Attachments

• 20190126_195726.jpg
    20190126_195726.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Wow that's the closest to help I've come across so far. please keep me updated on what happens and how the turnout is I'm dying to get back in the air!

hi Slademade

I received the drone I dismounted and copy the firmware and it does not work all led flashing white speed I do not have access to the drone I send it back to the store !!! sorry my friend !!

Oh well , sorry you're having the same troubles. Is there a way to connect the drone to a laptop or PC to do a diagnosis?

Oh well , sorry you're having the same troubles. Is there a way to connect the drone to a laptop or PC to do a diagnosis?

Yes, it is a bit tricky, and it will void your warranty.

At first, i suggest you to double check all connections, I found that if there is any sensor not set up correctly, system hangs in a loop and never connects through Wifi.

After I attached a FTDI cable to the debug port (system console) I got several boot logs:
1 boot without controller, no GPS fix (int.)
2 boot with controller, and GPS fix (ext.)
3 boot with all connectors (but power supply and system console) unplugged

As you can see in the last file, system loops in "WARN [gps] (1,3)PREFLIGHT FAIL: GPS RECEIVER MISSING." and I verified never started Wifi AP

Attachments

• 1 boot_wo_contr_wo_gps.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 2 boot_w_contr_w_gps.txt.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 3 boot_wo_perif.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 32
buen día
Tengo el mismo problema después de un accidente, no puedo conectar mi dron, y desde donde estoy no puedo enviar mi drone al servicio
Alguien me ayude por favor

Translation:
good day
I have the same problem after an accident, I can not connect my drone, and from where I am I can not send my drone to the service
Can someone help me please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this same issue has any found a fix. If the wifi is part of the main board vertigo drones sells them for $200 but a cheaper fix is always nice

Same problem here, guys. I’ve got the red “drone is controlled by another device” notice. Any ideas out there?
Jonesing to get back in the air!

Hola yo también estoy con este problema alguien lo a conseguido solucionar y lo comparte un saludo

Try placing the phone in airplane mode so the WiFi has to go through the controller to connect the camera. The video should then be fed to the phone via the USB cable. Flight control is through the RC channel on the controller.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Try placing the phone in airplane mode so the WiFi has to go through the controller to connect the camera. The video should then be fed to the phone via the USB cable. Flight control is through the RC channel on the controller.
Tried, nothing. The aircraft just refuse to connect...

I have already tried this and it does not work my mantis does not connect or wifi or the controller

this afternoon I removed it I checked all the connections and it was connected to the controller, I turn it off and turn it on 3 times and perfect it I put it back together and it does not connect anymore and now the LEDs turn on red and blue

Same problem. I can see the drones wifi but wont connect to my phone. Any 1 figure out a solution. I've only had this drone for a few months. Really wanted to get some fall puctures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval